Sponsored

The Wait Is Over: Ford Euro sites finally updated with Configurator and price list

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
Still worthy to cross the Belgian border...except if these prices already include some kind of taxes you would have to pay on GR or BE imports anyway...
The Dutch CO2 tax on a manual Ecoboost is EUR 12.322. Atop the 35.000 for the car that makes for 47.322 when you import one yourself versus the new 47.600 price that you now will pay at a Dutch dealership. So an almost 7.500 euro difference has now been reduced to only 278 euro.

Same goes for the automatic btw, except the other way around. That one was actually cheaper in NL than in BE, excluding the CO2 tax of course. The Dutch price has now been raised by 2005 euro, which reduces the difference between Belgium and NL base price to only 229.

OP
OP
papinist

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EcoBoost MT Race Red EURO - NO MORE
why the 2.3 manual is more expensive (+22,000 euro) than the automatic, but the 5.0 manual is cheaper (-6,000 eur) than the automatic?

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
why the 2.3 manual is more expensive (+22,000 euro) than the automatic, but the 5.0 manual is cheaper (-6,000 eur) than the automatic?
The 5.0 automatic has a lower CO2 emission than the manual version. It's the complete opposite of the Ecoboost, where the automatic has a much higher emission than the manual.

Our taxes are completely depening on the CO2 value. The extra emission tax on the 5.0 manual is 7.800 euro compared to the automatic. So even though the automatic is a 2.000 euro option, the manual still is 7.800 - 2.000 = 5.800 more expensive.

With the Ecoboost it's the other way around. The option price for the automatic is 2.000 and because the automatic has higher emission the additional tax is 21.000. Total price difference just for having an automatic: 23.000 euro. It's completely retarded, but that's how it works over here.

OP
OP
papinist

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
yes I remember that you explained this before, but my question is: how could the 5.0 auto have lower co2 emission than the manual, when with the 2.3 is the manual that has lower emission than the auto?

I believe that automatic will have higer emission in all cases.

Sponsored

deep south

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB auto convertible & Citroen C3
I think the difference between the manual and the auto is down to the way the emissions tests are carried out; there is a specific "procedure" they have to carry out, and I can only guess that the ecoboost auto doesn't perform very well - maybe the gearing is such that it keeps it in a lower gear so that the "boost" is on, for example?

it is quite common for an auto be a little bit heavier on CO2 than a manual, but there is such a huge difference here that I am surprised Ford didn't try harder... and very strange that the V8 auto has lower CO2.

Here in the UK, our tax is also based on the CO2, but it isn't such a high price as NL!

Lord Thunder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erwin
Vehicle(s)
2015 RR GT Mustang
Here in the UK, our tax is also based on the CO2, but it isn't such a high price as NL!
Fortunately we only have to pay it once at the purchase of a new car, you guys have an annual tax, don't you? (We have a road tax that is only based on the weigth of your car)

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
it is quite common for an auto be a little bit heavier on CO2 than a manual, but there is such a huge difference here that I am surprised Ford didn't try harder... and very strange that the V8 auto has lower CO2.
I think you are spot on, the only logical explanation is that the emission test got F*(&&^%#@cked up by the gearing that Ford chose for the Ecoboost auto. But still the difference is insanely high.

Btw lower emissions for an automatic are not uncommon. The Toyota GT86 auto for example has lower CO2 as well. Same goes for many twin clutch automatics.

UNtamed67

Silver Shadow
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A couple...
Vehicle Showcase
I found GT grills (with Pony Emblem) and rear trunk lid with the runing pony (USA Ecoboost tail instead of Faux gas cap).
Sure there will be US drivers interested in these ....

$ 230,- for both without shipping cost which would be $ 155,- to Gent/Belgium.

Anybody interested in a group purchase ?
Send me a PM if interested.

OP
OP
papinist

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
I think it's cheaper to change only the faux gas cap with the running pony.. easier to ship anche cheaper to buy :)

Sponsored

Lord Thunder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erwin
Vehicle(s)
2015 RR GT Mustang
I think it's cheaper to change only the faux gas cap with the running pony.. easier to ship anche cheaper to buy :)
If you look into the modifications forums, it turns out hard to do, as the holes in the different types of backplates to not match up. (Not to mention it's not attached with screws, but molten plastic pins.) It's far easier to replace the entire backplate at once.

OP
OP
papinist

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
oh.. I haven't read those posts. Heck, but for us in europe it's very expensive to do an international shipping for a big item like the entire rear backplate!

EDIT: but even if it's hard, 230 + 155 $ is big money!! Only the pony how much will cost? 10$ ?

UNtamed67

Silver Shadow
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A couple...
Vehicle Showcase
I'll confirm my order by saturday evening. Got another quote from a cy in Germany for the Grill only with shipping cost and they quoted € 380,- eur.

I found an other grill on ebay at $ 200 (without shipping cost) but not willing to ship to Europe. If anybody else run into another supplier....

Sure it will be more expensive from Ford as well as replacement part...

gojensen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ecoboost 'vert
EB manual got the 3.15 gears where the rest got the 3.55s. I suspect this is why the EB manual for such a low co2 reading - and I'm sure it was done to get a lower 'starting at' price for us crazy Europeans...

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
EB manual got the 3.15 gears where the rest got the 3.55s. I suspect this is why the EB manual for such a low co2 reading - and I'm sure it was done to get a lower 'starting at' price for us crazy Europeans...
So that means that the 228 grams is actually the 'normal' value and the 179 is artificially low. Well there goes my idea to wait for the new 9 gear automatic :doh:
Sponsored