Sponsored

The Wait Is Over: Ford Euro sites finally updated with Configurator and price list

Lord Thunder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erwin
Vehicle(s)
2015 RR GT Mustang
EB manual got the 3.15 gears where the rest got the 3.55s. I suspect this is why the EB manual for such a low co2 reading - and I'm sure it was done to get a lower 'starting at' price for us crazy Europeans...
I think you mean 3.31 gears, but same difference.

OP
OP
papinist

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EcoBoost MT Race Red EURO - NO MORE
The Ford Europe media site has a whole series of new EU market press pictures in high resolution:

http://mustang.fordmedia.eu/enhanced.htm
Unfortunately, apart from big wing mirrors and a lateral shot of clear tail lights, it seems that these are the US version, only photoshopped :D

and that
DISCLAIMER: This Image does not show the final EU specification.
says all..

I was trying to look at cruise control commands but it can't be seen clearly.

Stark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT
EB manual got the 3.15 gears where the rest got the 3.55s. I suspect this is why the EB manual for such a low co2 reading - and I'm sure it was done to get a lower 'starting at' price for us crazy Europeans...
Not sure where you are reading that but if you check out the specs that's been posted numerous times and posted again for you here....BOTH the ECOBOOST and the V8 get 3.55:1 gears for the AUTOMATIC GEARBOX

3.15:1 is never mentioned. However the MANUAL ECOBOOST gets 3.31:1 gears where as the V8 gets 3.55:1

Attachments

gojensen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ecoboost 'vert
I may have mixed 3.31 and 3.15s - sure it was the latter but have no proof :) anyways it's clear Ford did some heavy tweaking to the EB manual to get it below the dreaded 180g co2 limits around Europe... It's quite a jump up to others so I'll wager the EB manual will underperform - cost of doing business here eh?

Sponsored

gojensen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ecoboost 'vert
I wouldn't know :( unless I can do it through the OBD-II port :D I couldn't read the linked PDF previously because my phone thought it was an image - but I checked it now, and that's actually not the PDF that led me to say 3.15s... could to go googling now then

OP
OP
papinist

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EcoBoost MT Race Red EURO - NO MORE
If you look into the modifications forums, it turns out hard to do, as the holes in the different types of backplates to not match up. (Not to mention it's not attached with screws, but molten plastic pins.) It's far easier to replace the entire backplate at once.
can you point me to that discussion?

Stark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT
I wouldn't know :( unless I can do it through the OBD-II port :D I couldn't read the linked PDF previously because my phone thought it was an image - but I checked it now, and that's actually not the PDF that led me to say 3.15s... could to go googling now then
No point googling about 3.15:1 gearing when it's written black and white on fords spec sheets mate :thumbsup:

UNtamed67

Silver Shadow
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A couple...
Vehicle Showcase
Luckily gears are an easy fix :thumbsup:
Eric can you define 'easy fix' to a non technical mustang addict...
What would be the loss ? torque, overall power..?

Sponsored

Lord Thunder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erwin
Vehicle(s)
2015 RR GT Mustang
can you point me to that discussion?
I could have sworn I saw it on these forums, but I cannot seem to find it anymore. Problem is that is popped up as a side discussion in a non-related thread. That doesn't help when searching.

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
Eric can you define 'easy fix' to a non technical mustang addict...
What would be the loss ? torque, overall power..?
Ford Performance will release various higher ratio gear sets to replace the stock ones. Installation takes a few hours.

Higer gears will increase the effectiveness of your engine's torque and improve acceleration times. The downside is more revs on the highway and higher fuel consumption.

http://www.americanmuscle.com/2015-mustang-gears.html

UNtamed67

Silver Shadow
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A couple...
Vehicle Showcase
Ford Performance will release various higher ratio gear sets to replace the stock ones. Installation takes a few hours.

Higer gears will increase the effectiveness of your engine's torque and improve acceleration times. The downside is more revs on the highway and higher fuel consumption.

http://www.americanmuscle.com/2015-mustang-gears.html
Thx !
It's a pitty the benefits between the different gear sets aren't mentioned..any idea in numbers ?

UNtamed67

Silver Shadow
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A couple...
Vehicle Showcase