The Top Gear effect

christianUK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Christian
Vehicle(s)
GT auto
All I think it will do is flush out the dreamers and clog up test drives at the local Ford dealership. Anyone who's seriously in the market for that sort of car knows about it already and will have weighed it up for themselves. I'm sure it'll tip a few impressionable people over the line, but I doubt it'll cause a stampede.
Sponsored

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
I think it's great that both Top Gear and The Grand Tour will be using the Stang as one of the showcase cars. Kind of shows it to be a true drivers car. Plus we now get two car shows instead of one! Not sure why Chris Evans is getting so much stick - give the man a chance!

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
Not sure why Chris Evans is getting so much stick - give the man a chance!
Seriously? I have no problem accepting that people like Chris but that involves setting aside an awful lot of sh*t he's pulled over the last twenty odd years.
He's not for me and as it's largely been the BBC's @ss he's been riding for most of that time I'm a little surprised he was picked for Top Gear. It has to be purely because they tried to replace Clarkson like for like.
Top Gear ratings will be directly proportional to how quickly he gets bored of the gig.
Just my opinion ;)

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Seriously? I have no problem accepting that people like Chris but that involves setting aside an awful lot of sh*t he's pulled over the last twenty odd years.
He's not for me and as it's largely been the BBC's @ss he's been riding for most of that time I'm a little surprised he was picked for Top Gear. It has to be purely because they tried to replace Clarkson like for like.
Top Gear ratings will be directly proportional to how quickly he gets bored of the gig.
Just my opinion ;)
They just picked the only other b3llend on their books who has a public car collection, lets face it his knowledge of cars isn't that great, which is why his team is huge. They've looked to create a show, and then they've bought onboard people that actually know cars. Hopefully the real drivers, and knowledgable people will drop the facts, and just make Evans puke... again.

Needless to say i'll watch both, for a bit, Clarksons I wont pay for - but I doubt many will! :lol:

Col3371

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Colin
Vehicle(s)
5.0 Ruby Red GT
Simple.
I will watch both cause I like all cars.
Presenter really doesn't effect that for me.
BBC's loss is my gain.... I now have two car shows to watch

Don't see a massive effect on Mustang sales but maybe it will be added to the 'lottery win' list.
This car is off of most people's radar because it's impractical to most people's lives.
Most people fit their cars around their lives. Mustang owners fit their lives around their Mustang

Sponsored

matt020876

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt (Surprise)
Vehicle(s)
Carless till she arrived
Im intrigued but I know ill be disappointed - Top gear without Clarkson simply will not do

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
Yes but you'll have The Grand Tour if you need your Clarkson fix!

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
If I had to take a positive from the whole sorry debacle it's that Chris shows Jeremy in a good light. Obviously punching a colleague is bad form but I get the impression that Clarkson is on a different planet when it comes to respecting his employer/the viewing public. Not our planet granted, but one light years nearer to Earth than the one Evans is on.

OP
OP
Actual

Actual

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 5.0 V8 GT Auto Fastback Black
No Mustang this week (except in opening sequence) but that was all right and I will be watching next week. It helped that they shamelessly didn't even change the format.

To be honest it was a bit of an emotional moment for me as it was the first Top Gear since I became a Mustang owner and at least I now feel entitled to watch the show.

GR11M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I enjoyed ep1, preferred Clarkson though.

I'm glad we have 2 cars shows now :)

Sponsored

stevec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT!!
I think they did okay. Its going to take some getting used to but yeh, I will carry on watching.

Lone Survivor

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Priscilla McMustang GT Ruby Team DS
Evans is a bit shouty, and am I picking this up right that the other two are online only? Or was that just an additional aspect?

Of course I'll stick with it, the second series will be miles better, you only have to look at the early James May/Hammond days to see that it'll get better.

SSC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT

Mustang65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT (TY, UCL 87, appeared on Top Gear)
Top Gear Extra

Just watched Top Extra and thought it was pretty good, they even mention the Mustang and handed a Lego one to Chris Ramsey the comedian.

My sources tell me that episode 3, of the main TG, is likely to be the one to watch.
Sponsored