N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Hello all ! 2017 Mustang GT. I seem to be having a problem with the launch. Seems the nose rises, falls on its face, then rises again. RPM at launch was my normal 3500 rpm. Last year at this same track zero issues, however over the winter I added a 18+ intake manifold (with tune revision) and 3.73 gears that replace the 3.31 gear. Rear tires are the same M/T Street R bias plies 28x11.5x17. I'm at a loss at what's going on here. Any help appreciated. Video to show what's happening. Thanks !

Sponsored

andrewtac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mark
Vehicle(s)
F250. 2020 GT 400A
What is your suspension? Maybe the shorter gear made something that was happening before more noticeable with the acceleration rate faster, you increased the frequency of the wave. I had horrible wheel hope at 1-2 shift with all the suspension goodies except I was running stock struts, front was dropping at the shift and rear unloaded. I have some kelltrac coilovers waiting for me to install to control this. I've also gone to 2nd gear leave, helps but as I get faster the problem will probably come back without controlling the drop.

He had a strut now too for about a grand less that is supposedly about 95% as good.

LxMike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Gt.
Vehicle Showcase
Car look like its bogging down. Can you Get a cam or have someone watch the tach somehow?? The 18+ intake might have raised your powerband a tad higher and when you leaving the line its pulling the revs down out of it... How are your 60 foot time when it does that??

OP
OP
WildHorse

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
WildHorse

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
So the problem ended up being after I looked at the logs, some buried obscure clutch protection bullshit. I slip the clutch off the line, PCM thinks there's a problem, closes the throttle, slams me forward. :rolleyes: Never trust your tuner when they say 'yeah, it's off'. Test to make sure BEFORE heading to the races.

Sponsored

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
So the problem ended up being after I looked at the logs, some buried obscure clutch protection bullshit. I slip the clutch off the line, PCM thinks there's a problem, closes the throttle, slams me forward. :rolleyes: Never trust your tuner when they say 'yeah, it's off'. Test to make sure BEFORE heading to the races.
We’re you able to return to the track and make some hits since you located the problem?

OP
OP
WildHorse

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Were you able to return to the track and make some hits since you located the problem?
No Sir. End of the season. However we did make some hits at our Mexican location.. it's hook & book. So far, I have ZERO complaints from the fine folks at diablosport / holley performance, specifically Mike. Digs are the way it should be now, 3rd gear WOT pulls are unreal, normal drivability so far is the best I ever experienced. Just working out the finer details at the moment. I highly recommend them !

OP
OP
WildHorse

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Just s little vid showing from tune select to start up in under 4mins. Less drain on the battery is always a plus. more in-depth video to come. .
Sponsored