CompO5.sl0w

GTFO_0021
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Trevor
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/PP / 2015 Jeep Rubicon
One simple item. Circular Polarizer. You can get a cheap one or an expensive one, you can get a cheap one if you are just starting out and it will work well enough.
This is one thing I need to get for my lenses. Do you have a particular brand that you recommend?
Sponsored

ststang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
viewsinfinitum.com
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB EBM AT PP
This is one thing I need to get for my lenses. Do you have a particular brand that you recommend?
This is one filter you can often find used at a local camera shop (though they are hard to find these days). Nikon has an excellent CP filter (MFR#2260) but not cheap.

Remember to get the size as big as your largest lens opening. You can buy step up rings for the smaller lenses.

Marvelous D S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Magnetic PP

zacpounds

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red Ecoboost
I like Hoya as they have a few medium cost range ones that are nice. I have a 77mm one that cost around $40-50 and I love it the most. My cheaper ones don't give as deep of saturation compared to it but the reflections are cut about the same.

If you get a cheap one for around $15-20 you will be okay still. Most of mine are under $20.

Keep in mind like someone else mentioned, you can get one large CPL instead of buying one for each lens diameter and just get an adapter that will attach it to a smaller lens. This will allow you to get a more expensive filter and get adapters instead so you don't skip on quality of the filter.

Sponsored

w3bb3r04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT

ststang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
viewsinfinitum.com
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB EBM AT PP
Picked up at 6PM, photoshoot at 8PM.

Taken with a Nikon D750 and Nikon 16-35mm VR lens. Exif Data Included. Taken near sunset to add color to the sky. The f/8 aperture used created a large sunburst (light burst) from the headlights. I will try this again using f/16 to see if the sunbursts can be even more pronounced.

i-DpbCTz6-L.jpg

1/125s, f/8, ISO 450, EV 0, 26mm FL

After loading into Lightroom CC, first edited a copy in Macphun Intensify Pro to open up the shadows using an HDR single shot filter. Readjusted in LR. Intensify often adds noise to the photo and I cleaned it up by using Macphun Noiseless.

Last edited:

zacpounds

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red Ecoboost
I swear to Gawd if people don't post info about the photo taking or editing process, I'm going to leave this thread..

1. For this photo I tried something a little new. It's comprised of two photos layered together using the "Darken" Blend Mode. I took two photos with the camera on a tripod, focused the lens so the focus would match when merged, set the CPlL to cut reflections on the side of the car, then I rotated the CPL to cut reflections for the hood, windshield, and roof in order to take the final shot. After editing them in Lightroom using the same/similar settings, I layered them in Photoshop using the blend mode and masked off the areas I did not want affected.
28722873935_c6a9c2baef_b.jpg

Owner: @saucy_eco by Zachary Pounds, on Flickr

2. I just love this shot so I wanted an excuse to post it, I'll give some info on it to keep it relevant though. In Lightroom I adjusted the white balance (temp and tint) increased the highlights, shadows, and whites then dropped the blacks. Then I played with the tone curve and added some split toning (warmed the highlights and cooled the shadows) for a dramatic effect.
28515077132_8992b6b944_b.jpg

Owner: @saucy_eco by Zachary Pounds, on Flickr

NvrFinished

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB GTPP
Awesome! Thanks for posting this as I had about given up on this thread as well. I love to read how people take their shots and how they edit them.

GoBlues38

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, Premium, 3.55, 20" Foundry, 6 Spd
Got me a 27 inch iMAC 5k......drobo 4 bay.....12 tb of storage

28663306062_5deb798dd6_z.jpg

Was able to migrate all my data from windows to mac with no issues. 15 years of photography was moved with no issue.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
eww overpriced mac junk, ewwwwwwwwww! :p

zacpounds

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red Ecoboost

GoBlues38

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
eww overpriced mac junk, ewwwwwwwwww! :p
lol

I agree. to a point. I could buy a lot of PC for $2,100. But I would also spend $1,900 on a windows 5k monitor.

I have been going back and forth on this for 4 years now. finally decided to pull the trigger. I am just too lazy to build another pc right now.

GoBlues38

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Keep this thread related to photo taking/editing processes.

This is not a thread for displaying your computer.
UH...get over yourself DUDE!!! I have been on this thread since PAGE 1 post #9. This thread is for all things photography.

My new rig is part of my photography business for the purposes of processing and editing files.

Check your attitude before you hit "submit reply" please.

/

smdandb2

ManBearPig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Toyota Corolla SE
i-Sk73nSK.jpg
Sponsored