The Official M6G Investment thread

larr12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alberto
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang PP1
Just like the people that bought AMC at $14-$15. They are still saying they will hold.
Sponsored

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
I sold initial investment and enough to pay taxes. Not that I wanted to, just preparing if market corrects some. I'm up 300% for the year already and will keep a big portion in because just starting to achieve business objectives. If we do get a pull back, I will have reserves to buy. Will not use tax $. I moved that into another account so I don't get tempted.

OP
OP
Cobra Jet

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
How'd everyone make out after the COVID market plunge, everything returning to normal? Did you buy during the dip?

Jimmy Dean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
71 mach 1, 82 Bronco, 86 Bronco (dd),
How'd everyone make out after the COVID market plunge, everything returning to normal? Did you buy during the dip?
was too busy working to see the crypto dip this morning :/

Sponsored

OP
OP
Cobra Jet

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
was too busy working to see the crypto dip this morning :/
I'm still very leary about putting any money towards crypto. It's is very volatile and there seems to be many hackers trying to suck accounts dry.

Sure, hackers can hit any server containing any personal or banking info, but from what I've read over time, tracing crypto breaches and recovery is much harder than the normal banking processes. True or false? I mean, I'd rather hear from those on here who actually have invested in crypto, than hearing it in the form of "whisper down the road"....

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
I have posted recently about the crypto currency. Here it is again. Dont' buy it. Unless you want to outright gamble. As soon as really bad stuff hits, and this is not anywhere near "bad", the non income generating investments will get hurt the worst. If you are under 30, aggressive investing should be a big part of your portfolio, provided:

1- You will absolutely not allow the winds of volatility to cause you to sell early
2- You will absolutely not need the money for 25 or so years
3- Still avoid garbage, hints, gossip, and stocks of companies that do not generate earnings.

95CobraR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 K1868
Vehicle Showcase
I got this old thread in my email.

I agree with the above post. I will also never buy cytho which I consider a scam.

The Bitcoin goes up $10,000 one day and sinks the next week.

I consider it a gambling thing. The vig (house fees) are worse than going to Los Vegas, but with no free drinks.

Bull Run

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EB Prem PP
I'm still very leary about putting any money towards crypto. It's is very volatile and there seems to be many hackers trying to suck accounts dry.

Sure, hackers can hit any server containing any personal or banking info, but from what I've read over time, tracing crypto breaches and recovery is much harder than the normal banking processes. True or false? I mean, I'd rather hear from those on here who actually have invested in crypto, than hearing it in the form of "whisper down the road"....
I stay away from it because:

1. I need to time the market to make profit off of it and I can't time the market consistently.
2. Many people pushing it online reminds me of MLM sales people and that's a big red flag.
3. I don't need to take the extra risk to meet my objectives. History is full of very wealthy who went broke because they got too greedy.
4. While I believe digital currencies are the future, it'll be ones created by the governments. Governments don't want to give up their monetary policies and they actually want controlled inflation as it makes their existing debts cheaper.
5. While the stock market's on the hot side now, you can still calculate the book values of companies and funds to get an idea of how overvalued their stocks are. How can you calculate the book value of various crypto currencies?

95CobraR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 K1868
Vehicle Showcase
1. Time IN always beats TIMING the market.
It really is that easy for a long term investor.

I bought many stocks in the 1990's after I got out of college. I still own them.

I am mostly in Vanguard ETF's today as I lost interest in reading more annual reports. I retired at age 55.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Cobra Jet

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bumping this one back up - who's an M6G stock market millionaire yet? 🤪

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase

br_an

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bran
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350, 2020 Ford F150
I occasionally lurk. Saying the right combination of words on a thread I already follow will summon me. Haven't hit "What's New" in a long time though.
1653402898515.gif

So, what's new? Still driving a Mustang?
Sponsored