Sponsored

The LFP 550

jtmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vert turbo!!!!
Looks like Lebanon Ford is offering a 550 hp ecoboost package. What do you all think?

http://ford-life.com/2017/04/07/announcing-the-all-new-lfp-550-mustang/#LebanonFordPerformance
I don't have enough information to think anything... warranty still there? Running on 93? (ha, ha...).

550 would put a smile on my face for sure...

For current users:

Current 2015-2017 Ecoboost Mustang Owners! This upgrade is available for you also! Kit price is $7,699 installed!

It is interesting.... thanks for the post...

Fridge

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EB Manual w/PP
That looks cool but the kit it doesnt mention anything about any fuel upgrades, which I thought were the limiting factor in going past 400whp.

Vargas stage 2 TS is good for 550hp as well and just drops in versus having to pay extra for a cool looking exhaust manifold. Even with proper fueling 550whp on a stock engine?! Maybe ok for a period of time but your rods would eventually pack up and leave on their own. lol

Apwrx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic premium PP
This kit has been around for a long time from fftec or vmp. 550 isn't happening on 93 alone.Iam sure there is something's that got lost between lpf and Vmp on capabilities and longevity on stock components. Regardless it's cool to see them put out an eco package. Coincidentally I've been running this kit for 12k miles and love it.

Last edited:

jcart953

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang Premium
Hmmm I sent them a message to learn more about the product hopefully I'll hear back something by Monday. It also looks like they are going to offer something new in spring/summer.

For those who had this VMP product did it offer fueling/internal upgrades etc?

Sponsored

EAndre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
E
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost Base 6MT Recaros Sold
Yep 550 hp is not gonna happen on 93 that's for sure and let alone the stock internals are not going to hold a daily beating.

Apwrx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic premium PP
Oh do tell...and any dyno #'s?
Had it on once and a not so great run. Car was only making 21.5psi on dyno although it makes 24.5psi on street, also logs showed timing being pulled Adam said crap gas or bad additive. So at 21.5 and not optimal octane it Did 377/400. I'll get it back on the dyno soon with good fuel and proper boost. I'd guess easily around 420's. hopefully I'll have track times within the month as well.It is definitely a lot faster than it was Fbo stock turbo, pulls all the way to redline.
It's a lot more fun and is great for just cruising around, and for me personally if Iam paying for a turbo upgrade I want to pop the hood and see the badassery;)

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
There's no way that's running 93 pump, I think they just left out a key detail or 2. And the Vargas S2 isn't doing 550 without aux fueling either. Also, I wouldn't be surprised if the 550 is at the flywheel putting it closer to 478 at the wheels which would be closer to what Apwrx has. Warranty is an interesting question, if there is one, I'd bet it's only when taken back to Lebanon and wouldn't be surprised if no warranty at all. Still, it's great to see it out there!

Sponsored

Redcruzer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 eco boost premium convertible, Ruby red
Lebanon is doing some neat stuff. Interesting that they include a catch can.

Rocketboy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Roush RS Magnetic Metallic
Hi Guys,
I could not help but, to look in the 2.3 section after getting the facebook announcement from FPF.
I bought my 2015 Roush RS from Charlie when he was at Lebanon. One of the 1st 550's they sold. Ya it's a V6 and I am happy with it. Has every option that Roush had available for the 3.7.

LPF are great guys there. Josh can help you out if you have any questions. They do some amazing things with Roush. I been up at Roush for the open houses's and plant tours. Roush has a Ecoboost with over 500 hp they drive daily and to shows. Seen it in Indy and Cincinnati. I know 500hp on a ecoboost is possible. Roush has the time and knowledge to put together a package.

Maybe this is LPF next step. They are very successful with the Roush and Hellion superchargers on the v8's. I feel confident they can do the same with the 2.3 and VMP.

I wish them the best.
I am just 10 miles away from LPF and go to almost every Roush and Ford event in the 200 mile area. No way am I endorsed by them. But, thought it would be nice to share my experience.

Now if they would just come up with a kit for the 3.7 Cyclone.

Billy1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
There's a similar thread on the General Forum section with Road and Track magazine featuring it. Would be nice if R&T tested it so we can get their opinion.

jtmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vert turbo!!!!
I sent them an email asking some questions... they have sent a bunch of generic replies related to the GT... looks like they are using the publicity to build their email list. Can't fault them... luckily I used a "throw away" email I use for such purposes.

They never did answer my questions.... oh well.... would more than likely be better off picking up the phone, I'd guess...

jcart953

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang Premium
Lmfao they did that to me to. I received a call and email and regarding the 757 mustang and asked them to clarify about the ecoboost package. Will see what happens.
Sponsored