Sponsored

The LFP 550

Regs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2016 Echoboost
http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-culture/buying-maintenance/news/a33178/550-hp-mustang-ecoboost/

No warranty. From a dealer install seems pretty cheesey. Basically buying a ticking time bomb. Will they report this car as modded as well to your insurance company at the time of purchase? If so, then why bother? They also suggest added upgrades like the performance package. You are probably looking at 36-38k all said and done with no warranty. It's a huge publicity stunt and gimmick.
Sponsored

perfweld

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang
I think its pretty damn cool. The kit is $7699 added to the car cost, I bet if you added up the parts they are close to that #, so your getting free installation, and there are a lot of people that cant install something like this properly. Sure the power they are claiming is engine power not WHP, and yeah the engine wont last and might not make the power they claim, but its still cool that there taking an Ecoboost and making a racer out of it. I like it !!!

jcart953

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang Premium
Has anybody else noticed the last part that stated : "The LFP 550 is just the beginning this spring/summer, we have more big news coming". I wonder what the "big news is about". I'm assuming it has to do with the ecoboost?
image.jpg

5.0yote

AKA Bananana & 3.7Cyclone
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Vehicle Showcase
up to 550 Horsepower, yet none of the supporting mods to get "up to 550 Horsepower" are in the list..... i.e. for that kit add 4k

jcart953

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang Premium
So according to the guy I spoke with at Ford Lebanon it doesn't include any extra fueling/internal components and apparently doesn't need it has they have people running over 10k miles in this setup
image.jpg

Sponsored

5.0yote

AKA Bananana & 3.7Cyclone
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Vehicle Showcase
So according to the guy I spoke with at Ford Lebanon it doesn't include any extra fueling/internal components and apparently doesn't need it has they have people running over 10k miles in this setup
I am sure they are running it, but not at "up to 550 HP" =) not even close.

BoostedCanadianPoney

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Antoine
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard EB PP base
No way this is 550hp on 93

EAndre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
E
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost Base 6MT Recaros Sold
More like 430hp at the crank on 93. Gotta love gimmicky advertisements

jtmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vert turbo!!!!
They called me back and left a message.... basically they said

1. low 4's on 93
2. mid 4s need meth injection or something like that.
3. Explained their testing and how they would not release something to break cars on 93.
4. Oh, yes, 550 crank... low 4s to mid 4s to wheels, depending on your setup, as explained in 1 and 2 above.

I'm not in the market right now, but I'd love to drive one with the 93 setup. Might be an option later down the road, dunno -- rather happy with my FP tune right now.
Sponsored

Last edited: