Sponsored

The Hideous Bubble overflow tank is gone - MMR's new 2015 GT, Ecoboost & V6 reservoir

Firepath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
Nothing special yet
Am i the only one that actually likes the "bubble" overflow reservoir.
It's light weight and functional allowing you to immediately monitor if levels are low or discolored from normal. Aesthetically, it adds needed color relief to a background which is dominated by dark black and shades of gray. :) seriously though
I'm pretty much there with you. The factory unit is light, makes it easy to see if it is full or low or empty, and will only ever be seen when checking things. The factory unit fits my needs 100%.

I have nothing against people spending their own money on whatever they want, but I don't agree with it in this case.

Honestly the Al version in this thread doesn't appeal to me any more than the factory unit. It's ok, but nothing that looks great in my opinion.
Sponsored

tbonez3858

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bat mobile
It's light weight and functional allowing you to immediately monitor if levels are low or discolored from normal. Aesthetically, it adds needed color relief to a background which is dominated by dark black and shades of gray. :) seriously though
I think its one of the most unaesthetic components I've ever seen on an engine. It looks like a complete after thought that they used gum to tack it to the top of the engine because the forgot about it during development.

robb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP
The factory one doesn't bother me. This one looks better though. Good points about not being able to monitor fluid levels. Kudos for trying to improve.

89Trooper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
and will only ever be seen when checking things.
It will be seen at every car show that I take my car to.

I'm sure in a short period of time there will be many differnet aftermarket options from people to choose from.

This one looks great... but I'll wait to see what else is available before purchasing one.

Sponsored

Sanctuary

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
German cars.
Looks great, need to pick up two of these. Can you offer matching body paint?
Bottom line if you hate the bubble you have an alternative. IF you hate the $199.99, save it for another mod.

Ruin

Scouts Out!
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.froglevelbrewing.com
Vehicle(s)
15: GT/PP - TY
I'm not going to knock the 200$ price tag, but I will say I would find it irresistible (instead of just very tempting) if it had a sight glass and a red aluminum cap.
This. Only with a yellow cap for me. :)

Josh Painter

Threads
Reaction score
Website
the-12th-fan.com
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford Fusion SEL
Dont discourage any company from putting forth an effort to make quality aftermarket products for the car you own.
Any company that decides to make a product and put it on the market should welcome consumers' opinions -- both positive and negative -- on those products. In fact, said company should seek out such opinions before bringing their product to the market. It's called market research.

That's what Ford did (quite extensively) with the S550 itself, as you may recall. Ford even went to the point of floating proposed price ranges for specific model/option combinations to gauge what the buying public would be willing to pay for them. This detailed research did nothing to silence criticism once the product came to market, but it did help the company make its go/no go decisions.

Here we have an aftermarket product which seems to be of obvious high quality, but may have been rushed to market without surveying the market thoroughly. That's understandable, because market research incurs costs of its own.

That the product looks good and seems to be of high quality are valid positive reactions to it. By the same token, that the product seems priced beyond what some are willing to pay for it and the lack of a means to easily check fluid level are valid negative reactions to it.

Some affluent customers will buy the product at the price because they like the way it looks and it solves what they consider to be a problem. Others will live with the stock factory item because it is usually hidden from view and they have to live on a much tighter budget. Still others will wait for similar products to come along with the features and at price points that are more attractive to them.

Fears that companies may be discouraged for offering parts for the 2015 Mustang because of a little criticism seem to me to be unfounded. You put a product out there, and it lives or dies on its own merits. Welcome to the free market, and welcome to free speech. Both are brought to you courtesy of the U.S. Constitution.

robb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP
Any company that decides to make a product and put it on the market should welcome consumers' opinions -- both positive and negative -- on those products. In fact, said company should seek out such opinions before bringing their product to the market. It's called market research.

That's what Ford did (quite extensively) with the S550 itself, as you may recall. Ford even went to the point of floating proposed price ranges for specific model/option combinations to gauge what the buying public would be willing to pay for them. This detailed research did nothing to silence criticism once the product came to market, but it did help the company make its go/no go decisions.

Here we have an aftermarket product which seems to be of obvious high quality, but may have been rushed to market without surveying the market thoroughly. That's understandable, because market research incurs costs of its own.

That the product looks good and seems to be of high quality are valid positive reactions to it. By the same token, that the product seems priced beyond what some are willing to pay for it and the lack of a means to easily check fluid level are valid negative reactions to it.

Some affluent customers will buy the product at the price because they like the way it looks and it solves what they consider to be a problem. Others will live with the stock factory item because it is usually hidden from view and they have to live on a much tighter budget. Still others will wait for similar products to come along with the features and at price points that are more attractive to them.

Fears that companies may be discouraged for offering parts for the 2015 Mustang because of a little criticism seem to me to be unfounded. You put a product out there, and it lives or dies on its own merits. Welcome to the free market, and welcome to free speech. Both are brought to you courtesy of the U.S. Constitution.
Josh, I have a few female friends that love deep conversation too. Maybe I should hook you up. :) Just razzin ya!

doulos4jc

......looking^
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Mustang

+1 :usa:

Sponsored

DiPsTiCk

CrAzY dRiVeR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Mustang/64 Falcon Deluxe Station Wagon
Looks WAY better then the factory one. The factory one was/is horrible. Sticks out like a cheap plastic sore thumb.

Of course, your milage may vary...

ShawnO

2015 Silver PP GT 400A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Silver PP GT 400A

I 100% agree that people should criticize product faults or even offer up improvements. I don't know anything about this vendor. It could be a 25 year old just starting out in business learning the hard way. To keep costs down maybe they deleted the sight glass (or could just be a fail). My only gripe are the remarks busting on the guy for price. I assume he is an advertiser supporting this "free" site. Heck, if you don't want it for that price don't buy it. The market will do it's job and he won't be around long. I suppose, for me, it's the way Americans treat each other these days. Yes you have the right to free speech but you can choose a myriad of ways to express that right. I support trying to be gracious to folks. Why? Maybe because it's the right thing to do. Golden rule maybe?