Sponsored

07S281E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Saleen S281E, 2020 Shelby GT 350
Glad he is ok. I hope he learns to drive within his abilities.. especially on public roads. I hate to be that guy, but this upsets me a little. It's one thing to slide off the road, but that car was rolled. He was waaay out of control.
I had a VW Sirocco when I was a young man. I had just put new tires on the car. I was driving a NC mountain road. As I entered the turn I got a little to wide and dropped the right rear wheel of the edge of the road. As I gently corrected to bring the car back up onto the road the rear tire gave way, turned me sideways, and the rim dug in. This sent me flipping down an embankment. The speed limit on this road at the time was 55, I was not reckless or out of control. I have played this back in my head a thousand times. Other than not letting the wheel drop off in the first place, I cannot see what I could have done differently. Sometimes things just happen. It was surreal during the wreck. It felt like it was in slow motion. I was blessed that I was not killed or hurt bad. I got less for the car than I had paid for the new tires.
Sponsored

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
‘19 GT350 (sold)
I had a VW Sirocco when I was a young man. I had just put new tires on the car. I was driving a NC mountain road. As I entered the turn I got a little to wide and dropped the right rear wheel of the edge of the road. As I gently corrected to bring the car back up onto the road the rear tire gave way, turned me sideways, and the rim dug in. This sent me flipping down an embankment. The speed limit on this road at the time was 55, I was not reckless or out of control. I have played this back in my head a thousand times. Other than not letting the wheel drop off in the first place, I cannot see what I could have done differently. Sometimes things just happen. It was surreal during the wreck. It felt like it was in slow motion. I was blessed that I was not killed or hurt bad. I got less for the car than I had paid for the new tires.
I’m thinking going wide and dropping a tire off the edge is why you crashed.
No offense 😉

gone_n_60

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Whit
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP Convertible
I've noted that our OP other than a few quick replies on the first page hasn't weighed in on any of these speculations so far..... sad way for a Mustang to go but nobody died or ended up in a ICU.

OP
OP
Eclipsar

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT
A couple of photos of the GT350 in the field 🥲
3F0E0903-46D1-4B32-A912-1379E763ABCB.jpeg
F9456901-20C2-4FD6-86FC-99592E098D29.jpeg

Sponsored

OP
OP
Eclipsar

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT
Faaaaaaarkkk! Is that the debris trail going left to right in that bottom picture ?? Lucky lucky people walking away from that, damned lucky.
Yes it is, looks like she dug in and then started rolling, they were indeed 👍

07S281E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Saleen S281E, 2020 Shelby GT 350
I’m thinking going wide and dropping a tire off the edge is why you crashed.
No offense 😉
Non taken, this was a curvy mountain road. No way to go wide open. Like I said the speed limit was 55 and there is no way to go 55. My point is that arm chair quarterbacks don't know the situation and should reserve judgement. To think you know the speed or condition a person was driving is ludicrous.

CANTWN4LSN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
If that was a debris trail, would it be wrong to speculate that speed was a factor? Nannies off or on?
Thought roads in the UK were kph, not mph?

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
The driver would be a fool to admit he was speeding, assuming he was.

Sponsored

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
If that was a debris trail, would it be wrong to speculate that speed was a factor? Nannies off or on?
Thought roads in the UK were kph, not mph?
MPH :like:

WD :like:

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 (#K2503), 2017 Cayman
The black box would give the speed five seconds prior to, and up until deployment of the airbags.

OP
OP
Eclipsar

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT
Would you happen to know what caused of the accident? Seems a lot of folks on this thread care about that. I’m just glad the driver walked away.
He didn’t say, but both driver and passenger are fine 👍

ScottyRyan2018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 BMW M2, 2023 Mazda CX-30
a lot of our roads up north are quite undulating (though smooth surface) due to being built over peat lands and a stiffly sprung car can easily get out of shape at the posted limit of 60mph. Doing something normal like pulling out to overtake someone or dodging the wildlife can get a car in all sorts of shapes so you don't even have to be clowning about to head off into the vegetation. Road into Skye, a single corner in one week had four tourists stuff their cars into the same fields in both directions. Sadly a friend of mine added his car to the tally to make it five cars in seven days.

As far as rolling the car, those same peat lands will not let a vehicle slide over it so unless you land flat and straight a barrel roll is almost a given as one corner of the vehicle digs in and the rest pivots around it. *depends on speed and how much of it you lose before coming airborne as you hit the road verge on your way to the field which can be several feet below the level of the road.
I stand by my opinion. 🥸🤓
Sponsored