Sponsored

The Down and Dirty ADM Thread

OW_GT350R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350R, OW, Black Roof
I have often wondered this PP. I have seen several state that even though it is in writing, it isn't a "contract" and the dealership can change his mind. Makes no sense to me, but seems to be the prevailing thought.
Sponsored

Dtmaso

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R, 1965 Cobra 427S/C; Jeep Commander
How can your dealership renege on the order assuming you have everything in writing?

You and others on here that are concerned about your orders being pulled at the last minute or reneged on you do have everything in writing, right?

:shrug:
Hopefully I'm not screwed, because what I have is nothing that states the 'final' price', just the VOC/DORAs.

OW_GT350R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350R, OW, Black Roof
I had them write everything on my VOC. States my purchase price, less deposit(which is labeled "initial down payment", and amount owed at delivery. I hope that has me covered from any BS.

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
19 ZL1 1LE, 19 F150, 19 SB S5
It does not make sense. Calls dont drive demand sales do. If you get 100s of calls and no none is interested because of the price you want it doesn't effect demand. Have dealers moved cars with ADM sure dealers have also sat on cars for months waiting for someone who will pay it.

I went to a dealer who I believe is not shady that is what a consumer should do instead of making excuses!!

I did not pay ADM I did not deal with a shady dealer!!! If my dealer reneges on my order when it comes in I will not buy the car. I am DOING exactly what Im preaching.
Does everything really have to be explained to you? How do you think most sales start. With a PHONE CALL! If a dealer is getting a ton of phone calls/inquiries about certain cars and not others that tells them something.

Rationalize it anyway you want.

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
How can your dealership renege on the order assuming you have everything in writing?

You and others on here that are concerned about your orders being pulled at the last minute or reneged on you do have everything in writing, right?

I have often wondered this PP. I have seen several state that even though it is in writing, it isn't a "contract" and the dealership can change his mind. Makes no sense to me, but seems to be the prevailing thought.
It is not a legally binding contract and plenty of customers renege on deals and walk for whatever reason. It goes both ways, but it protects more consumers than it hurts.

Sponsored

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track

Dealer isnt local they faxed me a document but its not a sales contract. Ive had sales contracts on car that dealers didnt have at the time they dont mean anything.

I just got assigned a vin ill try to firm it up once the sticker is generated.

OP
OP

Spa2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You don’t want to know

I ordered my car the day the 2016 Order Guides were released to dealers. Ford wasn't yet accepting orders - so the official order forms weren't yet available - so the salesperson hand-wrote my offer and acceptance of my deposit check on his notepad and we both signed it. One of the things he wrote, because this was an expensive car and the dealership was afraid I might back out of the deal, was "Price to be MSRP." More than a year later, how bizarre to think that a GT 350 buyer would back out of an MSRP deal!

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
Does everything really have to be explained to you? How do you think most sales start. With a PHONE CALL! If a dealer is getting a ton of phone calls/inquiries about certain cars and not others that tells them something.

Rationalize it anyway you want.
It tells you people are interested in the car it doesn't say you can charge 40K over for it.

Im done with you maybe this is too complex for you to get.

OP
OP

Spa2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You don’t want to know
It is not a legally binding contract and plenty of customers renege on deals and walk for whatever reason. It goes both ways, but it protects more consumers than it hurts.
In many states, a "valuable consideration" (deposit) is required as part of a binding contract. That's why I always make sure the dealer cashes the check immediately, instead of just sticking it in the deal folder and returning it to me at delivery.

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
I dont think you can have a legally binding contract on a car that doesn't exist yet, its more of a promise. They are sitting a good amount of my cash so I have more skin in the game then they do.

Technically they can keep my deposit if I renege but I do not think every really happens.

Sponsored

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
It tells you people are interested in the car it doesn't say you can charge 40K over for it.

Im done with you maybe this is too complex for you to get.
:lol: I love people like you, keeps things entertaining.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Thanks for the feedback and fortunately never had to go down that road.

If I am working with a dealership that I have a long relationship with then there is a trust factor and do not worry too much about our agreement as I do a lot of hand shake deals with Ford car buddies but if I am working with a new dealership I always ask them to confirm price, model, spec's etc. and then signed by their GSM of their dealership on company letterhead and after purchasing a lot of Ford vehicles I have not had an issue so far.

Hopefully all on this forum will get treated fairly based on whatever they have for an agreement?

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

526AmF

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Avalanche Gray, Tech pkg, White stripes
I don"t get it. A signed deal with deposit is a deal (except possibly if mfr has a price increase). If the dlr tries to bump you, contact the state AG and get him involved.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
I don"t get it. A signed deal with deposit is a deal (except possibly if mfr has a price increase). If the dlr tries to bump you, contact the state AG and get him involved.
Even if a price increase is implemented after the original deal is consummated I suggest that the original price agreement would be applicable.

From the time I ordered my 2016 R model until I received the car it was 9 months later and during that time period the MSRP changed twice and of course went up.

When picking up the car I was expected to pay the two increases but when the smoke cleared the original price was honored.

As far as going to the state AG I would suggest that if everything is in writing that Ford customer service would help out along with a quick note from your own attorney if still required.

Surprising how quickly a letter from a lawyer gets things moving and hopefully never needs to get that far.;)
Sponsored