Sponsored

The Down and Dirty ADM Thread

jweaver

Noob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Coming Soon
I'm another So Cal guy who had to go out of state. Ended up negotiating for an R and securing it at a lower ADM. Papers were sent in the mail no notary necessary. I had to arrange shipping for the car which was about $1,300. Certainly more hassle buying out of state but considering my local dealer wanted $49,000 over for their R and wouldn't go any lower than 45K over it was well worth the money I saved.
Who did you arrange shipping with, and what was your experience (positive I take it)? There's another thread here with someone refused delivery because (it appears) the shippers took his R out for a joyride :mad:
Sponsored

Ricketts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
ADM's will never go away because people accept them. I've worked at Ford dealer(service) now over 17 years and see it time and time again. I know at least one customer called and offered us $25k over sticker to secure our GT350R.

Wooly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R Tech, Porsche 991GT3
Who did you arrange shipping with, and what was your experience (positive I take it)? There's another thread here with someone refused delivery because (it appears) the shippers took his R out for a joyride :mad:
I had shipping done with Montway. My car was 2 months late getting here and as I was not sure when it would actually arrive, all the other shippers needed 2-4 week lead times for pick up. Montway is a sub contractor so they just book you on the first truck going near your pick up location. With this method you have little control over the quality of the truck or the drivers. I specifically said I was only interested in an enclosed trailer with a lift, due to the low stance of the Shelby. They lied to me and told me the truck had a lift ( it did not). The drivers were really sketchy guys as well. I had to assist them getting the car off the truck as it was going to scrape the nose. In the end we were able to get it off after a lot of angst but fortunately no damage. For me I didn't want to wait another 3 weeks for the car so I risked it but I would not recommend them if you had another option.

CaptainUnderpants

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2017 Avalanche Gray Shelby GT350
Hey Captain, I'm in the same boat as you (SoCal). Where did you buy, and what was that overall process like? Notary? Did you ship, and did you have to choose the shipper or did the dealer do that?

Thanks, I've been looking around at different options out of state as well =)
It was incredibly easy. Once I decided what colors I was interested in, I called dealers across the country. I only had to call one dealer with exactly the color I wanted. They accepted msrp, took a 1k credit car payment to secure, ran my credit. I flew up to oregon and drove the car home. The cost of airfair was about 350 dollars. Screw socal dealers, they suck. Cars.com was what I used to search nationally.

Looking locally took me over 4 months with the best being an adm of 6k. Going out of state took only 1 telephone call to a great dealership in klamath falls.

live2ride90

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jared
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Dropped off the women's Fusion today for service at Frontier Ford in San Jose. They have 2 R's at 50k over and a none R at 20k over :lol:. They also had a suped up RS, bunch of carbon stuff on it, looked pretty cool though, 20k over on that, madness! Prices are still insane in the bay.

At least I got to see the same exact R I ordered in person that should be here in a couple weeks!!
rps20170914_101703.jpg
rps20170914_101721_492.jpg
rps20170914_101738_898.jpg

Sponsored

Wooly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R Tech, Porsche 991GT3
Yah, prices still high in So Cal too. There are two R's at SouthBay Ford asking 30K over. An Avalanche Gray (no stripe) and a White with Blue stripe.

Bender

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 LB GT350R HR909, 22 AB GT500 CFTP
R are still pretty high across the US. I am trying to acquire a LB R with black stripes either in cash sale or trading in my 16 R with 500 miles and no one wants to go under 87-90K.

Racsirx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Finally got one at MSRP less than 100 miles from me in California, took over a year to find the color and options I wanted at MSRP, the dealership included the car cover which I didn't know if that is extra charge at other dealerships but I got it for free

mike.s

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKU, 2018 GT350
Finally got one at MSRP less than 100 miles from me in California, took over a year to find the color and options I wanted at MSRP, the dealership included the car cover which I didn't know if that is extra charge at other dealerships but I got it for free
congrats! what did you get? color, options, R or non R?

Dtmaso

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R, 1965 Cobra 427S/C; Jeep Commander
OMG I can't believe HR742 is finally nestled in my garage, its shade of blue matching my Cobra almost perfectly.

17 months of waiting - first there was an allocation, then there wasn't, through changes of dealer ownership, and at one point my deposit refunded - what a nightmare, that is until current owner/manager of Redwood Ford in Ukiah, Brent Eddy (and Kevin Reedy), came though - and still honoring my original MSRP deal!

It may sound like I'm blowing smoke, but Brent Eddy at Ukiah Ford is the last of a vanishing bread of dare-I-say 'fair' dealers. In the business of getting Fords into the hands of customers, not cleaning out their checking account with CRAZY ADMs like other dealers in the Bay Area do. (Hansel Ford, are you LISTENING!?)

Tomorrow she goes for a clear-bra, ceramic coat and window tint at Imperial Works in Sacramento (thanks 50 Deep). It is possible to get MSRP - just takes a LOT of work and patience.
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_4a5c.jpg
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_4a61.jpg
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_4a68.jpg
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_4a47.jpg

Last edited:

Sponsored

swedensky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Lariat 3.5, 2016 GT350
Congrats Lee, I didn't know you were looking for a 350. Car cover is a factory option. What build did you end up with?

Dtmaso

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R, 1965 Cobra 427S/C; Jeep Commander
You persevered and won out. That's what it takes to get MSRP (and a 'little' luck). The reason ADM's are high is that dealers count on those with more money than patience. Unfortunately, a purchase of this sort if often emotional-based, so patience flies out the door.

Good for you, brother... another example that MSRP can be had.

Congrats!

Racsirx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Congrats Lee, I didn't know you were looking for a 350. Car cover is a factory option. What build did you end up with?
Thanks been looking for over a year, just been waiting to find the one I wanted that was priced at MSRP, I got race red with white stripes, recaro seats and navigation

Racsirx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
You persevered and won out. That's what it takes to get MSRP (and a 'little' luck). The reason ADM's are high is that dealers count on those with more money than patience. Unfortunately, a purchase of this sort if often emotional-based, so patience flies out the door.

Good for you, brother... another example that MSRP can be had.

Congrats!
Thanks, I have been dealing with many dealership and their markup BS, it was nice to find this dealership, now my friend is getting their next GT350 that comes in
Sponsored