Sponsored

The best stuff to removing stains -> Alcantara??

monte87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rapid RED Metallic GT
Hey guys-

What is the best stuff to remove stains in Alcantara??? I have a few stains and need to remove.

Thanks Anthony
Sponsored

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
OP
OP
monte87

monte87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Thanks MAGS!!! Im gonna get some. What is the cleaning method?? Just spray and wipe or let it soak?
I spray a little bit on the surface and a little bit on the brush. Just work it in and wipe off with a microfiber towel has worked well for me.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60

Sponsored

OP
OP
monte87

monte87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
OP
OP
monte87

monte87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
I spray a little bit on the surface and a little bit on the brush. Just work it in and wipe off with a microfiber towel has worked well for me.
when it dries clean, do you use the brush to comb the leather? or just leave it alone.
Thanks Anthony

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
when it dries clean, do you use the brush to comb the leather? or just leave it alone.
Thanks Anthony
I usually leave it alone. Wiping off with the microfiber helps it “pop back up” if that makes sense.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I’ll add that I’m probably overly sensitive to dry brushing finer material like Alcantara, suede, etc. The nicer brushes shouldn’t cause harm, but I’m always afraid a bristle will catch on something in the material cause an issue, be it a tear, pulling on threads, etc. If others dry brush and have success, good for them but it’s makes my teeth grind a bit 🤣

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Thanks MAGS!!! Im gonna get some. What is the cleaning method?? Just spray and wipe or let it soak?
As others have mentioned, the Sonax product is regarded as the best. You could also try Koch Chemie Pol Star, which can also be used on leather, carpet and general interior cleaning.

The single most important aspect of cleaning Alcantara is to remove the cleaner residue from the fibers afterwards.

When you think about cleaning leather for example, you spray on the product, agitate with a brush, then wipe away the emulsified dirt and product residue.

Doing that on fabric is harder, but important. If you don't remove the residue, then all you have done is broken down the dirt, and then left it in the fibers. To do this, after using the product, you need to take a damp towel and wipe the surface repeatedly, swapping to clean sides of the towel often. You can also use your vacuum or even compressed air to speed up the process, but I'd still use the damp towel. Also, avoid soaking the material too much, be that the cleaner or with the towel afterwards. And don't hammer down on it either, light pressure only, let the product do the work.

Sponsored
OP
OP
monte87

monte87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
As others have mentioned, the Sonax product is regarded as the best. You could also try Koch Chemie Pol Star, which can also be used on leather, carpet and general interior cleaning.

The single most important aspect of cleaning Alcantara is to remove the cleaner residue from the fibers afterwards.

When you think about cleaning leather for example, you spray on the product, agitate with a brush, then wipe away the emulsified dirt and product residue.

Doing that on fabric is harder, but important. If you don't remove the residue, then all you have done is broken down the dirt, and then left it in the fibers. To do this, after using the product, you need to take a damp towel and wipe the surface repeatedly, swapping to clean sides of the towel often. You can also use your vacuum or even compressed air to speed up the process, but I'd still use the damp towel. Also, avoid soaking the material too much, be that the cleaner or with the towel afterwards. And don't hammer down on it either, light pressure only, let the product do the work.

Hey Thanks for the reply and vid link! Greatly appreciate you!
Anthony

skinnyb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT Premium PP1, 10 Auto Grabber Blue
I've never dealt with Alcantara but I have heard that Koch Chemie Pol Star is really good stuff. PH neutral, foams up really nice to lift dirt out of the fibers, and wipes away clean with a damp cloth.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
The RC just sent me some POL, (per D's recommendation of course, <g>) and I'll be testing it out Real Soon Now. Swapped the OEM steering wheel for a leather wrapped Beith Performance CF wheel and that eliminated some Alcantara (which I disliked.)

The car has just under 5k mikes and the seats don't show grime but I'm curious to see how well POL Star does.

1708092069106.png

1708092320393.png

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
The RC just sent me some POL, (per D's recommendation of course, <g>) and I'll be testing it out Real Soon Now. Swapped the OEM steering wheel for a leather wrapped Beith Performance CF wheel and that eliminated some Alcantara (which I disliked.)

The car has just under 5k mikes and the seats don't show grime but I'm curious to see how well POL Star does.

1708092069106.png

1708092320393.png
That’s a good looking wheel KB. How do you like it so far?
Sponsored