Sponsored

The best driving roads...

Splash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost 2017, Ford Fiesta ST200.
I hope this allowed as it's not strictly Stang related, so mods please remove if I've broken any rules.

Having a great car is only part of the driving equation. Something to drive it on is the other part. I'm sure many know the roads i'm posting so not wishing to teach one to suck eggs :) My favourite roads tend to be Wales, as the Welsh border is only an hour or so from my house.

The A438 to Bronllys https://goo.gl/maps/s1L77aikMQR2
(i can recommend the Honey Cafe - the end point of this route. It very popular with Car clubs and bikers as a stop off point - does great food. I've seen some fabulous cars here and spoken with some fab people - the TVR owners clubs are a great bunch :) )

The A4069 to Upper Brynamman https://goo.gl/maps/7tad3PVdR6H2
(The black Mountain pass through the Brecons, my profile pic was taken in the car park at the top)

The A5 at Cerrigydrudion to the A453 to the B4501 back down to the A5 (more commonly known as the EVO Triangle). Its a fantastic route and you have a bite to eat at the Llyn Brenig Visitor Centre and admire the reservoir)

I have fun in Wales early mornings due to the fun police being out in force. Mid Wales isn't so bad but north wales can be a nightmare.

My favourite road is the Blakey Road across the North York Moors - https://goo.gl/maps/chgefrbsh592 (watchout for the Sheep) - I drove for nearly 4 hours and 200 miles just to drive this road.

Anyway i hope that's OK, do you have any to share?
Sponsored

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Definitely a big thumbs up from me! My kinda thread! Thanks for sharing...

Funnily enough a bit of a new years resolution of mine to do more driving this year (proper driving i mean) so this thread will be of use for sure!

Only thing to add for me is the obvios north coast 500 route up in the Scottish Highlands. Truly a different world up there and an absoulte must if you get the chance - both driving and as a general sight seeing/holiday destination. I’ll be back up there one day for sure

OP
OP
Splash

Splash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
Definitely a big thumbs up from me! My kinda thread! Thanks for sharing...

Funnily enough a bit of a new years resolution of mine to do more driving this year (proper driving i mean) so this thread will be of use for sure!

Only thing to add for me is the obvios north coast 500 route up in the Scottish Highlands. Truly a different world up there and an absoulte must if you get the chance - both driving and as a general sight seeing/holiday destination. I’ll be back up there one day for sure
We are going this year (well that's the plan anyway). Might drive some of these on the way up.

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/features/britains-best-driving-roads

Tim_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lightning blue S550 Coyote convertible
The B6255 between Ingleton and Hawes in any car is fun, almost the less power the better.

Stuart0202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Can confirm about the NC500. I live on the route but definitely don't take advantage of the great roads we have!

Sponsored

foxspeed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
si
Vehicle(s)
mustang gt v8 shadow
did some of the 500 route last year in the stang was briilaint....probably going back again this year as well as long as my cayman r itch isnt scratched!!!

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
a46 and a1 at the moment some of the only roads near me with no speed camera's and good enough quality road surface that you can actually drive them without losing your fillings.

all other roads are being ruined by the revenue generating stealth tax nazi's and their robotic minions.

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
OP
OP
Splash

Splash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
OP
OP
Splash

Splash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
a46 and a1 at the moment some of the only roads near me with no speed camera's and good enough quality road surface that you can actually drive them without losing your fillings.

all other roads are being ruined by the revenue generating stealth tax nazi's and their robotic minions.
I totally agree. There are are some great roads near me that don't have cameras, but they do have cameras vans. Thing is if you get up early enough they are empty and the fun police are still in bed. I think if you want to enjoy driving in the UK you have to put the effort in and get up early to find it.

Sponsored

foxspeed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
si
Vehicle(s)
mustang gt v8 shadow
It was the Blakey Road in the RS that made me do it.
did this over the xmas holidays was dry & clear & to be honest the stand did well over it all

Steeda UK

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.co.uk
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
In Scotland all around the inlaws place at Crathie (by Balmoral). the run up to Glenshee and over towards Perth is spectacular, and then the run over the back side towards Tomintoul is also amazing....

They even have a really nice holiday cottage you can rent as a base camp....
https://www.knockcottage.co.uk/

OP
OP
Splash

Splash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
Took a trip to Wales today, visited the Evo for the first time in Monica. I'm a sucker for a road snaking off into the distance. Saw some amazing cars on the road a few 911's, a Caterham and an RS6.

The fun police were out in force today though. Luckily due to government cuts there aren't that many of them about. Came back down the A470, which has to be one the best roads on the country. Simply breathtaking scenery in Snowdonia.

280 miles later were home.

Fun times.
IMG_20190223_115328.jpg
IMG_20190223_115416.jpg
IMG_20190223_115514.jpg

Last edited:

Leeroy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
Mach1 FJG manual/'65 289 Coupe
My favourite road is the Blakey Road across the North York Moors - [URL said:
https://goo.gl/maps/chgefrbsh592[/URL] (watchout for the Sheep) - I drove for nearly 4 hours and 200 miles just to drive this road.
A cracking road, only a few miles away from that I haven’t driven for ages

OP
OP
Splash

Splash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
A cracking road, only a few miles away from that I haven’t driven for ages
I envy you that. I'd be doing it daily if I was closer... this image was taken at about 5am on the day that I did it back in 2016

Facking epic.
20160719_050722_HDR.jpg
Sponsored