Kody
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black 5.0

PortalMaker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Lexus IS300 AWD
Is it just me or all the SEMA cars UGGGLY!
Most are unusual, some are outlandish, yes. But I wouldn't say ugly.
I'm looking forward to seeing more of the CGS car.

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Is it just me or all the SEMA cars UGGGLY!
You're not alone. Some participants know how to do wild and tasteful, but most just look wild for shock value and distinction. I can appreciate them but they sure as hell aren't lookers as a majority.

HBMike

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Whats up Michael? Long time brother. Did you get your car yet?
Should be next week. I don't know if i want to bust my ass to get my car there in our display. We'll see how I feel next week when I have keys in my hands.

You doing the yellow fever again ?

Sponsored

Mikeiscoo2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
· Pirelli Tires 405/25/R24 rear........ tell me that is a typo and that should say 305... because 405.. is just stupid.... ive only ever seen 405's on huge trucks.. like those semi trucks that they bring to big boy and toy shows.

Rv-Junke

Rv-Junke
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2021 Black GT - PP

Ecoboost_Jim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium, Race Red, manual
I've been to SEMA once. It is something to behold. This year however, should be extra special with the S550. Wish I could go (with or without my car). Looking forward to the coverage.

Babiblues75

Threads
Reaction score
Really looking forward to SEMA - just sad that my car is going to be delivered while in Las Vegas...

I'm sure you don't have to be told, but take lots of pics!!!!! wish I was there, apparently small embroidery and vinyl/sticker shops can't get tickets.
I promise I'll take a sh1tload of pictures and post them up!!!!

Sponsored

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
3D Carbon

:cool:

I wouldn't have chosen red with the silver, but I like the wheels/stance/splitter/revised fascia!

(edit.....I missed the fogs in the grille! Looks better than I thought, but I'm still not sure on them).

3D Carbon Mustang called "Air Design Boy Racer." It features a 3D Carbon body kit, Eibach springs (pro) kit with 1" drop, Forgiato 22" wheels, Wilwood brakes, Pirelli P-Zero Nero Tires, cross-drilled rotors and red six-piston calipers. Power comes from a Vortech V3 supercharger bolted to the 5.0L V8 GT engine and produces 640 HP / 485 LB-FT torque (on 7.5-8.5 PSI).

The interior has Roadwire two-tone leather seats, Sundial window tint, Sparco Racing seat-belt harnesses and an audio system designed by The Source A/V Design Group.

3dcarbon-2015mustang.jpg

Via Autoweek - Pirelli P-Zero Nero Tires are stopped by Wilwood brakes with cross-drilled rotors and red six-piston calipers

All-new body kit mimics the Autoweek cover car from 2004

At some point Wednesday, Ford is scheduled to reveal something like 15 Mustang concepts bound for the SEMA Show made by various denizens of the automotive aftermarket. You can count on totally unverifiable horsepower, crazy unreplicatable paint schemes and more wings, flaps and flippers than the bird show at the old Busch Gardens. We got a look at a drawing of one of the Mustangs -- the 3dCarbon Air Design Mustang -- the night before the big reveal.

Faithful (and/or obsessed) readers will remember 10 years ago when we had a 3dCarbon Mustang on our cover. 3dCarbon certainly remembers it. It was dubbed “Boy Racer” by the Newport Beach, Calif., company. This one was made as a sort of tribute to that one.

“When it [the 2004 car] was first introduced in Autoweek magazine, the effect was crazy,” said Ford design manager Melvin Betancourt. “Now, 10 years later, they’re reinventing the iconic Mustang with ‘Boy Racer 2.’ They take their DNA, our DNA and fuse it in such a way that it looks an extension of what came out of our studio.”

“When we did the original ‘Boy Racer’ car in '04 I couldn’t believe it -- we had people just hanging around the shop because we had the new Mustang,” said 3dCarbon designer Billy Longfellow. “Obviously, we had a tremendous thing with the Boy Racer. Now we have 10 years more, experience and we changed every part on the new car.”

Inside, outside and under the hood, 3d and its partners went at the new pony car. The most obvious changes are outside, with the patented 3dCarbon body kit.

“We pulled the car out and down to give it more of an aggressive stance,” said Longfellow.

The car is lowered 1 inch with an Eibach Springs Pro Kit, while the Forgiato 22-inch Maglia–ECL Concave 3 Piece Wheels wrapped in Pirelli P-Zero Nero Tires are stopped by Wilwood brakes with cross-drilled rotors and red six-piston calipers.

3d added an extended lip in front to balance out the aerodynamics of the big rear wing. Then they added carbon-fiber aero parts around the whole car. Some are even, theoretically, functional.

“I explained to them what you do to create drag,” said Betancourt. “We try to stay as close as possible to the car’s original goals. Some changes help the aerodynamics and some are designed for boy racer-looking cool that will create a little drag.”

“We put fender vents on it, which is a really big thing for the muscle cars,” said Longfellow. “All the heat comes out from the engine. At the rear, we made a bigger diffuser that goes in between the two tailpipes. On the hood, we raised the two lines coming down.”

The complete list of 3dCarbon body parts on the Air Design Boy Racer Mustang is: complete new front bumper, side skirts, rear lower diffuser, boy racer rear wing, front fender vents, hood fins and a new front grille.

Then, because they got one of, if not the first Mustangs offered to the aftermarket, way back in July, 3d had enough time to do a complete paint job, too, replicating the color scheme from the Autoweek cover car of 2004.

Under the hood is a Vortech V-3 Supercharging System that Vortech says makes 640 hp and 485 lb-ft of torque using 7.5 to 8.5 psi from the V-3 Supercharger at the stock redline. Vortech released details of its own SEMA Mustang last week, claiming 1,200 hp.

Inside the cabin, the upgrades continue with Roadwire two-tone leather, Sundial window tint, Sparco Racing seat-belt harnesses and audio designed by The Source A/V Design Group in Torrance, Calif., with Focal Audio.

But a drawing can only do so much.

“In person, it’s going to be even that much more aggressive,” said Betancourt.

If you’re lucky enough to be in the aftermarket industry and attending the show, you can see it on the Ford stand in the Central Hall starting on Tuesday. Or just watch this space for coverage of the show and all its Mustang glory.

MELLOWYELLOW06

MELLOW 2.0
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 TY GT PP
Should be next week. I don't know if i want to bust my ass to get my car there in our display. We'll see how I feel next week when I have keys in my hands.

You doing the yellow fever again ?
According to Cotus, car will be here 11/18. There is a car available today with same options but it has standard seats. I ordered recaro seats on mine. Many here say standard seats are sufficient. I don't know what to do:shrug:

dwchockey13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 mustang gt
According to Cotus, car will be here 11/18. There is a car available today with same options but it has standard seats. I ordered recaro seats on mine. Many here say standard seats are sufficient. I don't know what to do:shrug:
When test driving the car, I preferred the recaro's when taking the corners fast and punching the throttle, felt like the seats hugged me in.... for daily driving however I would prefer the standard seats.

Robinson02

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kody
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black 5.0
:cool:

I wouldn't have chosen red with the silver, but I like the wheels/stance/splitter/revised fascia!

(edit.....I missed the fogs in the grille! Looks better than I thought, but I'm still not sure on them)
I've always loved 3D carbon. Had the boy racer kit on my 07. looked amazing.

HBMike

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I gave up on the custom order. found something close enough coming in. when you put a custom order in 5/22 and its still not built you just give up and settle.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.