Sponsored

Test drove a 16 2SS today

TrevorGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
race red 2015 GT
It's actually a nice car. I'm not a fanboy of any auto maker. I've had many of each manufacture. That being said......
I thought the interior was decent. Looked pretty sharp as this was a black car with the red interior. It could use a little more headroom. The heads up display should be an option for us mustang owners. The Bose stereo sounds quite a bit better than my 401 shaker with sub. Angle of screen kind of points downward and is a little awkward. Vents didn't bother me at all.
The fit and finish was about the same as any other gm car. Just OK. About the same as my GT.
Biggest thing to me was the power. It definitely has more low end torque and acceleration compared to my GT. Stock for stock, I'd easily be toast. The steering feels heavy and I thought the ride was clunky.

Just for curiousity, they would give me $29,750 for mine on trade in. I thought that was a decent price. Mines a loaded 15 GT premium 6 spd with the 20" wheels and has 3600 miles. Msrp on Camaro was $47480 and they came down to $37k. GM has 20% off or 0 for 72 on the Camaro. Salesman said they could do even better on my car. These prices were without any negotiating and there would be some room to move.
I don't think I'll look into it any further as I like the looks of the mustang more, But my wife and kids like the looks of the Camaro better.
I know some of you are thinking "just mod the mustang". My dealers are tough around here. They gave me a tough time over the roush exhaust for crying out loud. Both dealerships said zero warranty with ANY tune or modification. I won't play the they have to prove it game. They can make it pretty crappy for the owner.
Long story short....it's a nice car all around with OK visibility and has a ton of power.
Sponsored

Boss Man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C43C
10k off a 2ss is crazy, quite frankly where the price needs to be. Tempting offer.

OP
OP

TrevorGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
race red 2015 GT
That's with the 20% off msrp. 47,480 - 20% = approx $9500. Salesman has 10k written down and said there's still wiggle room.

Sponsored

SpeedLu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Premium PP1 Mustang GT, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4
Damn, they are really trying to move those things off the lot.

moffetts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Whippled 2015 GT PP
My manager has a 2SS; I haven't driven it but it is a very nice car to ride in. I could never own one because the visibility is typical Camaro; like a freaking submarine. The 8 speed auto seems really good and the exhaust sounds excellent.

Sponsored

SpeedLu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

NvrFinished

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB GTPP
I'm asking if they're trying to move them off the lot with the deep discounts because they are just sitting guys. Usually that's what dealers do with dead stock. In other words, they are trying to move them because they just aren't moving.

Gatorac

Chin Tack Days Event Mgr
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2016 Premium GTPP Triple Yellow
Looked at and test drove a 2SS awhile back. The tech/mechanical of the car are great. I think GM could have done so much more with the styling. The visibility makes the car feel even bigger than it is. It felt like driving a tank looking through gun slits. A huge trunk but the opening is too small to fit anything through. It's a shame as I would have loved to have MRC, dual mode exhaust with trans and diff coolers for a price point well under the GT350.

Would have loved to see GM go with the retro exterior like the 70-72 Camaro's.

SpeedLu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm asking if they're trying to move them off the lot with the deep discounts because they are just sitting guys. Usually that's what dealers do with dead stock. In other words, they are trying to move them because they just aren't moving.
Oh yeah, no argument here. That's kind of what my reaction was based on, that they are desperate to move these things. :cheers:

cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible 50th app
20% off??? that is unheard of, most I have seen on the Mustang was ~1500 off. F-series has been more steep than that, but 20% off is just insane! They are very desperate, no wonder it won the sales crown this month.
Sponsored