Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trackstangs.com
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
I'm willing to take a hit on this because I want it out of my garage and I don't want to ship it. Send me offers. It's a beautiful carbon fiber wing.

Sponsored

Dizzle58

GTFO_0035
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lance
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB GT
OK.....who in here is in a county that requires emissions testing BUT is running catless headers and is passing those emissions? I really want to go catless but am in Sumner Co

NOM3RC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Premium
I'm running catless but did it after passing emissions this year. Hopefully someone has an easy fix or I'll be moving to a non emissions county next year lol.

ManBearPig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
OK.....who in here is in a county that requires emissions testing BUT is running catless headers and is passing those emissions? I really want to go catless but am in Sumner Co
Have you had an inspection since you got your tune? I think Lund turns off the downstream o2's in all their tunes and I thought even that would fail an emissions inspection since the computer would be "not ready". I think if you could get around that issue, going catless wouldn't be a big deal. I'll bet Lund has an emissions tune you could flash just to make it temporarily run clean enough to pass?

Sponsored

Dizzle58

GTFO_0035
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lance
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB GT
Have you had an inspection since you got your tune? I think Lund turns off the downstream o2's in all their tunes and I thought even that would fail an emissions inspection since the computer would be "not ready". I think if you could get around that issue, going catless wouldn't be a big deal. I'll bet Lund has an emissions tune you could flash just to make it temporarily run clean enough to pass?
Actually I have been through emissions since I put in the nGauge....and the experience was terrible. You can ask Lund to keep the rear O2's on (which I did) and apparently they are, but I could never get them to go into readiness status to take it through. So I had to put my stock intake back on and have my buddy who is a Ford tech reset my ECU and the 02's turned on within 50 miles.

I think they might have them on but they tune everything so aggressively that it is all but impossible to have them reach readiness. They kept telling me that I just need to drive the car harder to get them really hot. I drove the piss out of it on the way home one day, just in all kinds of gears that I didn't need to be in and RPM's high as hell.......nothing.

I have not revisited it since Feb but Jake is gonna bring over his scanner and see if the nGauge just isn't picking up the fact that they are back on.

I hear there is a tuner in Lebanon (i think) that can custom dyno tune and nGauge and make it pass catless and all that...but it is $500 for a custom tune. Just not sure it is worth all that mess.

ManBearPig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
Actually I have been through emissions since I put in the nGauge....and the experience was terrible. You can ask Lund to keep the rear O2's on (which I did) and apparently they are, but I could never get them to go into readiness status to take it through. So I had to put my stock intake back on and have my buddy who is a Ford tech reset my ECU and the 02's turned on within 50 miles.

I think they might have them on but they tune everything so aggressively that it is all but impossible to have them reach readiness. They kept telling me that I just need to drive the car harder to get them really hot. I drove the piss out of it on the way home one day, just in all kinds of gears that I didn't need to be in and RPM's high as hell.......nothing.

I have not revisited it since Feb but Jake is gonna bring over his scanner and see if the nGauge just isn't picking up the fact that they are back on.

I hear there is a tuner in Lebanon (i think) that can custom dyno tune and nGauge and make it pass catless and all that...but it is $500 for a custom tune. Just not sure it is worth all that mess.
That sounds like a headache. Additionally, the Lund nGauge is locked to Lund. I know you can get an unlocked nGauge that can be used with hptuners but if I'm not mistaken, you cannot unlock a Lund nGauge.

Just buy some property in Cheatham county and register the car there!

NOM3RC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Premium
That sounds like a headache. Additionally, the Lund nGauge is locked to Lund. I know you can get an unlocked nGauge that can be used with hptuners but if I'm not mistaken, you cannot unlock a Lund nGauge.
You can unlock a Lund Ngauge but i'll cost you about $100.

brandonalberd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic S550

Your probably talking about Taylor Curtis. He tunes via NGauge & HPTuners. From quite a few of the guys around here, he knows his shit when it comes to the Coyote. I'm hesitant on letting him touch the Whipple though. But I think he just tuned a 700WHP Vortec S550 so. Idk. I've had a few tell me I can go E85 on a BAP & ID1000 since I am on the 3.75 pulley still and its lower boost I probably wouldn't run out of fuel so I considered going to Taylor and doing the HPTuners & E85, but. I'm Lund Dyno tuned now so, kinda pointless until I go to a 3.5 pulley and full exhaust.

Sponsored

ManBearPig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
Anyone know a mod friendly dealer in the area? My clutch took a dump a week after I tuned it. And I'm afraid that likely means Ford will tell me to get lost. Car is in my garage but it won't go into gear. 5,300 miles on it now.

brandonalberd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic S550
Anyone know a mod friendly dealer in the area? My clutch took a dump a week after I tuned it. And I'm afraid that likely means Ford will tell me to get lost. Car is in my garage but it won't go into gear. 5,300 miles on it now.
They'll have to prove that the tune in fact caused it. I figure they'll give you more of the " are you sure you can drive it correctly " speech at 5,300 miles over arguing about the tune but. I'd try Ford Of Murfreesboro. I'm in Dickson, TN and haven't had issues with warranty here before. My 2013 GT had the rear end replaced under warranty. Full bolt on, exhaust, etc, tuned and all. Of course, a clutch is a bit more involved.

ManBearPig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
I expect the "are you sure you know how to drive" speech. Maybe it will help to show them my 94 ranger with 218k miles on the stock clutch....

NOM3RC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Premium
Your probably talking about Taylor Curtis. He tunes via NGauge & HPTuners. From quite a few of the guys around here, he knows his shit when it comes to the Coyote. I'm hesitant on letting him touch the Whipple though. But I think he just tuned a 700WHP Vortec S550 so. Idk. I've had a few tell me I can go E85 on a BAP & ID1000 since I am on the 3.75 pulley still and its lower boost I probably wouldn't run out of fuel so I considered going to Taylor and doing the HPTuners & E85, but. I'm Lund Dyno tuned now so, kinda pointless until I go to a 3.5 pulley and full exhaust.
Taylor is the man. He tuned my set up.
Red - Procharger D1SC, Sai Li Fuel System, id1050x, E85
Green - Procharger D1SC, Sai Li Fuel System, id1050x, E85, ARH Kittyless - Performance Tune
Pink - Procharger D1SC, Sai Li Fuel System, id1050x, E85, ARH Kittyless - Race Tune
Screenshot_20170704-103433 (1).png

brandonalberd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic S550
Taylor is the man. He tuned my set up.
Red - Procharger D1SC, Sai Li Fuel System, id1050x, E85
Green - Procharger D1SC, Sai Li Fuel System, id1050x, E85, ARH Kittyless - Performance Tune
Pink - Procharger D1SC, Sai Li Fuel System, id1050x, E85, ARH Kittyless - Race Tune
Okay yea! It was yours I saw him tune. I'm in the 660Racing group. Lol. Car looks nasty man! I wish I had went auto, but I couldn't pass up the fact that the blower was already on the car when I bought it haha!
Sponsored