Tamadrummer88

Finicky
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost Premium
For 2016, probably just new colors being introduced, maybe slightly more tech options, and maybe some small performance options, but nothing drastic.
Sponsored

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
Nice, I've driven an EB AT and GT MT. I appreciated the EB from a logical/value-based perspective, but I was really just hooked on the GT. I never had a chance to test the balance of either...at 6-7/10ths they felt incredibly similar to me. Our test driving roads are extremely lame. :(

I just came away from the GT feeling more than happy with near every aspect. I can't imagine holding out for any other improvements and don't think I'll be envious should anything improved come down the pipeline.
Yah you can't go wrong with either. If the V6 was offered in premium, I'd probably skew towards that.

After driving them, I definitely felt like I had two difference driving experiences.

The GT felt like a muscle car. It felt mean, had a mean sound and just was really what you'd expect from the V8.

The EB on the other hand felt like driving a A5 or M4 or something German. And I think that is what they were going for with it.

And when I factored in what I was looking at before (A3, A4, A5 from Audi) and then knowing I don't need the GT horse power, etc...I definitely think I'm going to lean more EB now but with the PP. Considering Europe is only getting the EB with PP, it makes me think that Ford knows it's the better experience vs the non pp.

I can see them do a slight EB HP+ by doing something with the PP or up'ing it for MY '16.

cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible 50th app
My uninformed guess is:

Slight upgrade wheel changes
New color options
Non premium convertible
Expanded pp availability (at)

Possible:

Slight power bump

Unlikely :

Hover ability

imjuslazy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Gti
Myself and I'm sure a lot of others on the board are hoping for a PP with the Auto.

Sponsored

Clink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus
Chrome wraps are available, sure, but I'd really like a factory stock chrome paint job (or, preferably, a factory chrome plating on the body panels)... I'd be willing to pay an extra $10K or $15K for that.
Jimmy sure loves him some chrome, I thought it was just wheels now the whole car too? :shocked:

Sponsored

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
Jimmy sure loves him some chrome, I thought it was just wheels now the whole car too? :shocked:
He is the same guy that won't put 93 octane in his mustang since he won't drag race it but will drop 10-15k for a chrome paint job:lol::headbonk:

svtenthusiast

Threads
Reaction score
If I'm not mistaken, a manufacturer has to wait until Q3 before they can have the next MY available to customers. Could be Q2. Either way, that's a long wait for something that isn't bringing any confirmed improvements or additional features.

Resale is going to be far more dependent on your car's condition and history than its model year.
Not accurate. The earliest release of a new model year would be January of the year before. So they could of sold the 2015 Mustang as early as January of this year.

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Not accurate. The earliest release of a new model year would be January of the year before. So they could of sold the 2015 Mustang as early as January of this year.
Wow, you're absolutely right. That is absurd.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Model_year

The model year of a product is a number used worldwide, but with a high level of prominence in North America, to describe approximately when a product was produced, and it usually indicates the coinciding base specification (design revision number) of that product.
The model year and the actual calendar year of production rarely coincide. For example, a 2009 model year automobile is available during most of the 2009 calendar year, but is usually also available from the third quarter of 2008 because production of the 2009 model began in July and August 2008. When a brand new model is introduced there may be an additional delay to retool and retrain for production of the new model.[citation needed]
The variables of build date and design revision number are semi-independent. There is no natural law that forces one to be strictly correlated to the other, other than the two facts that (1) future design revisions cannot have been built in the past, and (2) most products, in most contexts, tend to be built to the design revision that was the latest one at the time of building. The idea of strongly correlating build year to design revision number took many years to become a meme in consumer culture.
USA

In the United States, automobile model-year sales traditionally begin with the fourth quarter of the preceding year. So model year refers to the "sales" model year; for example, vehicles sold during the period from October 1 to September 30 of the following year belong to a single model year.[citation needed] In addition, the launch of the new model-year has long been coordinated to the launch of the traditional new television season (as defined by A.C. Nielsen) in late September, because of the heavy dependence between television to offer products from automakers to advertise, and the car companies to launch their new models at a high-profile time of year.[1]
In other cases, products of a previous model year can continue production, especially if a newer model hasn't yet been released. In that case, the model year remains the same until a new model is introduced. This is to ensure that the model will be seen by the public, and will actually sell an amount of vehicles before a new vehicle-model is produced, and people will look at the newer model rather than the previous one.
In the United States, for regulation purposes, government authorities allow cars of a given model year to be sold starting on January 2 of the previous calendar year. For example, this means that a 2014 model year vehicle can legally go on sale on January 2, 2013.[2] This has resulted in a few cars in the following model year being introduced in advertisements during the NFL's Super Bowl.