Sponsored

Tech Pack vs Convenience Pack?

WarrENDeatH

The Batman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R 'Hellbat'
Looking at GT350s(My wife is yelling at me as we speak). Something to consider and get numbers. I can't find any tech packs. Is this common? I want the upgraded audio system and I hear a lot of negativity about the convenience pack seats. Can anyone speak up about this?

Ford dealer by me has it in the color I want but it is in the convenience pack (I hate that word). Thoughts!?

Edit: It's ELECTRONIC not TECH. I apologize.
Sponsored

CANTWN4LSN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Assume you are talking about a '17 or '18. Only difference I know of is seats. If you fit and don't care about heating/cooling or extra adjustments on the passenger seat, Recaros are comfortable as hell and that's even on an 800 mile per day road trip. If you don't fit or want the heat/cool feature and the wife wants extra adjustment on the passenger side then go with the sofa seats as no one has complained about them either.

Jdmuscle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Supra Viper Z06 Mustang
Electronics pkg gives you the nicer dash with a bigger screen, navigation, dual zone automatic climate control and honelink. Convenience pkg takes away the recaros and gives you the heated/cooled/power seats and all the things in the electronics pkg.

I wouldnā€™t give up the recaros unless you donā€™t fit in them. Absolutely love the recaros and wouldnā€™t trade it for the the heated/cooled seats.

RushFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Question : How will you use your GT350 ...

Ok itā€™s like this ...

Nobody can tell you which seats are a better choice for you ( and your wife ) .
You have to go out and sit in them . If you are a bigger guy , the cloth Recaros of the electronics package will not be a good fit . They sit low and force your knees up high , and the side bolsters give you a serious squeeze . A lot of people say itā€™s annoying after an hour . If you and your wife like to take long rides , go with the convenience package . I did - and those seats offer heating / cooling , good enough bolstering , and a lot of comfort for a long ride . I sat in the Recaros , and Iā€™m like ā€˜ no way ā€˜- not for me. Iā€™m sure if my GT350 was a track dedicated toy , then ok . But ... I do more than track days with mine .

One more thing , you may find the convenience package harder to find in the color you like . Good luck with whatever you choose !

RushFan :headbang:

icormba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Jeep SRT8 / GT350R / FocusRS
I've had both.
If you plan to track at all... get the Recaros.
If you plan to semi-daily drive and keep the wife happy... get the sofa seats.

I do miss the cooled seats while my wife misses the heated seats.
However, that all goes away when we both take the car on track! :cheers:

Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I fit fine in the Recaros for a track day, but even the sofa seats are somewhat uncomfortable due to being too narrow for me during daily driving. I think you have to try them for yourself.

And in my opinion the Recaros still aren't enough for track driving if you will push the car at all - even as a beginner. A roll bar and harness are a good idea if you will go to the track somewhat regularly.

Ninjak

Posting from the Shadows
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2019 Harley Davidson F150 68 GTA
I have the Recaro's. To get a ideal, I'm 6'4 290 ish. I fit fime in the seats and I am not bothered. Now in honesty, the furthest I have driven in any span is about a 1:20. But I was not hurting when I got out.

The seats are for you and the wife to figure out. For myself I have the heat/cool seats in my f150, and I used it.......once. Just to see. So that is a feature that only you will know if you like.

OP
OP

WarrENDeatH

The Batman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R 'Hellbat'
I have the Recaro's. To get a ideal, I'm 6'4 290 ish. I fit fime in the seats and I am not bothered. Now in honesty, the furthest I have driven in any span is about a 1:20. But I was not hurting when I got out.

The seats are for you and the wife to figure out. For myself I have the heat/cool seats in my f150, and I used it.......once. Just to see. So that is a feature that only you will know if you like.
Same size. 6ā€™4 250. Lift six days. Wide frame. 18 size shoes to boot. I have Hondaā€™s recaros in my Type r. They are snug. Seats arenā€™t a big deal. I was just worried about the option differences.

NHman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
OP, as others have referenced, the seats are the biggest difference between the packages. It will be easier to find one with the Recaro's. You need to determine if it works for you and your spouse (or just the former). Some buyers are adamant with having one type or the other. Heated & cooled seats are good. Though if it's that cold outside, my GT350 will be sitting in the garage. If it's that hot outside and I will be driving for 50 plus miles, most likely I would be taking my wife's car (which has cooled seats).

My priority was obtaining the best performance car with the performance options. The Recaro's were a must have for me. Now only if my dealer had an R model.

Best of luck with your decision.

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
wait whys the wife yelling?

Sponsored

Demonic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
wait whys the wife yelling?
Probably because she wants the Recaro bolster support for the track and is worried heā€™ll go with the convenience pack seats.

crazymayhem

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 LB
6'6" @315 here with electronics package and wouldnt miss it! My daily driver too. Ive driven longer stretches, all the way down to Key West, up to Charlotte, no major issues with the recaros. They did need a while to break in, but after that, 3-5 hours, or whenever the tank is empty, no issues.