Tampa Bay - Billet OPG and Billet Timing Sprocket Install

alrodri8

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Does anyone know a shop that would be reliable enough to do a Billet OPG and Billet timing sprocket install on a 2015 Mustang GT in the Tampa Bay Area. I'm looking for a shop that would not take the Billet OPG and timing sprockets and charge for an install that was never completed. If anyone has any recommendations, please toss them my way!

-I am also pretty mechanically inclined and would like to do myself, I just haven't really tinkered with a mod motor, worked on SBFs in the past. So, I will also be willing to pay for someone to walk me through the install in person, while I get my hands down and dirty.
Sponsored

Derek@Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT 300A w/ Brembo's
Ramsey's Performance in Lutz
Lamotta Performance in Longwood

Not quite right in Tampa but two places we have good dealings with and customers always like going to them. I've personally dealt with Lamotta with my car back in the day and he took care of me. Scored a great deal on a Incon TT kit from him as well.

Ingot2015

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt
Its real simple to do yourself. I was in the same boat as you as i only ever worked on pushrod 302's. The modular motor looks intimidating but it is very simple to work on. There are lots of threads about installing them too. And not only on this site. Google around. Lol

FivePointToTheOh

USN Retired
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang GT/CS
Ramsey's Performance in Lutz
Lamotta Performance in Longwood

Not quite right in Tampa but two places we have good dealings with and customers always like going to them. I've personally dealt with Lamotta with my car back in the day and he took care of me. Scored a great deal on a Incon TT kit from him as well.
Back in the day I might have agreed with this, However, today, I will NEVER Recommend that anyone take their car to Ramsey's. Multiple occasions of leaving disappointed have assured that.

OP, I'd personally recommend Racing Intergrations, ask for Collin, he will set you up and take care of you like family.

FivePointToTheOh

USN Retired
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang GT/CS
Does anyone know a shop that would be reliable enough to do a Billet OPG and Billet timing sprocket install on a 2015 Mustang GT in the Tampa Bay Area. I'm looking for a shop that would not take the Billet OPG and timing sprockets and charge for an install that was never completed. If anyone has any recommendations, please toss them my way!

-I am also pretty mechanically inclined and would like to do myself, I just haven't really tinkered with a mod motor, worked on SBFs in the past. So, I will also be willing to pay for someone to walk me through the install in person, while I get my hands down and dirty.
I'm not sure of many shops that will walk you through it, however, if you PM me I've got a buddy that does installations and I'm sure he would be willing to let you help/watch.

Sponsored

JasinEdward

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0 Roush Stage 1
Look for Jordan Performance and Racing on Facebook. They are just getting started, but have tons of experience with this platform.

Jbenso127

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2016 Premium GTPP M6 Ingot/Saddle.
If you're still searching, PM me. In Orlando area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Back in the day I might have agreed with this, However, today, I will NEVER Recommend that anyone take their car to Ramsey's. Multiple occasions of leaving disappointed have assured that.

OP, I'd personally recommend Racing Intergrations, ask for Collin, he will set you up and take care of you like family.

I've known Dennis for a long time and he's good people. I sincerely feel like if anyone made a concern known, that he would address it. A very honest guy.

FivePointToTheOh

USN Retired
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang GT/CS
I've known Dennis for a long time and he's good people. I sincerely feel like if anyone made a concern known, that he would address it. A very honest guy.
Honest unless it's going to cost him $$ that he didn't think he was going to have to spend. Like I said, multiple disappointments have lead me to this conclusion. But to each their own. Thats what opinions are for.

Sponsored

evo8904

I'm a member???
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luther
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ram 4x4
The problem with a lot of shops in the Tampa area is they are just not reliable. When you drop your car off they will say "we'll get it done". A week or so later and they still have your car, when the install should have taken only a day or 2. The first time I took my car to Collin, it was on a Friday, Dec 18th. I was having him install OPG, timing gear, clutch/flywheel and 3.31 gears. He said that he would have my car finished before Christmas. Lol, I was thinking that there is no way, I have see shops take a month on installs like this. Wednesday Dec 23 and Collin called me to say it was done. After that, no one else will touch my car.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Honest unless it's going to cost him $$ that he didn't think he was going to have to spend. Like I said, multiple disappointments have lead me to this conclusion. But to each their own. Thats what opinions are for.
Like belly-buttons, they say.

It's the only place I'd leave my car.

OP
OP
alrodri8

alrodri8

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Thanks for the input, I think I will use Collin! Thanks very much!

FivePointToTheOh

USN Retired
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang GT/CS
Thanks for the input, I think I will use Collin! Thanks very much!
Feel free to mention that Parker gave his recommendation as well ;)
Sponsored