Sponsored

Taillights with Sequential Amber and 3-bars Brake MOD!

OP
OP
papinist

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EcoBoost MT Race Red EURO - NO MORE
I'm not referring to the sequential part, but to the different color for the same signal. Having a sequential red could be ok in germany (not in italy at the moment), sequential amber could be ok (it is strangely ok here too), but maybe a mixed red-amber sequential signal is confusign for cars who is following. Are you braking or turning? :)

BTW, if it's ok for you and it's ok in the place you live, no problem! I just wanted to give my opinion..
Sponsored

kwpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach1
The flash sequence is from the outside in red, red, amber.
Very important is when braking, the system automatically reverts to stock, which is 2 solid red and flashing amber. Braking has priority over turn signals.

Last edited:

Notes

Moustang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK S550 EB/AT/PP/EU
My car just turned 4 years on build date and in a couple months I have to go to my first inspection round... that said... after that I would like to finally modify my lights front and back.

For the front Ill go with the DD LED boards, and for the tails the EPM boards seems the cleanest solution (avoid wiring stuff etc). Yet for us here in Europe it's very expensive to buy them in Australia + including shipping and tax.
So not sure if there are already other options available?

I'm also wondering if there are any video's around already on how to open the lights with a clean cut?
I would really like to avoid a messy opening and closing of the lights. From what Ive seen so far every company including EPM is very secretive on opening the lights.

Thanks

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
My car just turned 4 years on build date and in a couple months I have to go to my first inspection round... that said... after that I would like to finally modify my lights front and back.

For the front Ill go with the DD LED boards, and for the tails the EPM boards seems the cleanest solution (avoid wiring stuff etc). Yet for us here in Europe it's very expensive to buy them in Australia + including shipping and tax.
So not sure if there are already other options available?

I'm also wondering if there are any video's around already on how to open the lights with a clean cut?
I would really like to avoid a messy opening and closing of the lights. From what Ive seen so far every company including EPM is very secretive on opening the lights.

Thanks
If you have a bit of patience I might have my modified US taillights with amber sequential blinking available for sale.

Rhyanski

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2021 FJG Mach 1 #M5810, 2018 Mazda CX-5 Ultimate
Hi guys,
sorry to revive this thread after like 3 years, but I have a few questions on the clear EU lights.
1st - Are the clear EU lights before 2018 LEDs? It seems that my 2021 Mach 1 came with LED tail lights. I guess if these are LEDs you there are no bulbs to control coloring from red to amber.
2nd - these australian mods by ExoticPonyMods - I got the impression you can select and control how they behave. Is that true? How are these controlled - application or some wiring during installation?
I just want to get my tails working like this - https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...amber-and-3-bars-brake-mod.38434/post-1754245

but I don't want to void my warranty.
3rd - is there any software trickery that controls the behavior on the post-2018 models, or it is pure old school wiring magic.

Thanks and sorry for bringing it back to life...

Sponsored

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
1st - Are the clear EU lights before 2018 LEDs? It seems that my 2021 Mach 1 came with LED tail lights. I guess if these are LEDs you there are no bulbs to control coloring from red to amber.
Yes, they're LED.

2nd - these australian mods by ExoticPonyMods - I got the impression you can select and control how they behave. Is that true? How are these controlled - application or some wiring during installation?
They can, but it's very difficult. The procedure is simple, but it rarely works. You must try it over and over and over again, and if you're patient enough it will eventually work - usually about the thirtieth time you do it.

In US vehicles the blinking sequence is controlled by the BCM. In export ones the BCM actually lacks that part of the software altogether, so you can't just activate it with ForScan. Sequential tail lamps designed for export Mustangs, including the ExoticPonyMods, achieve the effect by means of an electronic control module that's installed on the wiring that goes to the lamp.
All the possible flashing modes are programmed in this module, and you change them by turning the lights on and off a number of times, at a certain speed, in a predefined sequence. I believe you can download the instructions from the EPM site.

They do work like that. What you see in that video is mode no. 6. By default they are programmed to mode no. 2, which is identical to no. 6 except the brake lights are a bit sequential as well (the middle bar lights up just a bit earlier than the other two). If that sequential brake bothers you, then you can select mode no. 6 if you are really determined and are prepared to spend half a day trying.

Last edited:

Rhyanski

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2021 FJG Mach 1 #M5810, 2018 Mazda CX-5 Ultimate
Thank you Vlad! Very informative. I was hoping it has become much easier. I will need to drop a line to the polish guys!

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Anyway, don't let this programming glitch scare you. The ExoticPonyMods lamps are worth every penny. They look great, they work great, and they are completely plug & play.
Personally I find the default mode no. 2 quite nice. But if you really can't live with the slightly sequential brake lights and really want to have mode no. 6 no matter what, then you can have it. Just keep trying, and it will eventually change. Once changed, it will remain stored in the module's non-volatile memory, so you won't lose it even if you disconnect the battery.
Sponsored