Tom4

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tomas
Vehicle(s)
S550
Hi guys,

I am proud owner of 2018 Europe Mustang GT V8.

A made Sync 3 update for the newest software version with the actual build. With out any problem, and I think everything is smooth.
But the I am trying to update navigation maps as well via ford.com website, where I put my VIN number and download map update file which is around 23.5GB big zip.

Problem is, that I am not able to extract the files from this zip file, with out “files corrupted” message. I tried different download software’s and also Winrar/7zip/total commander for unpacking but with out solution.

Do you have any experience with the problem like this?
Many thanks for help and wish you all the best.
Sponsored

lacanteen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2022 EB premium vert, 2013 Escape, 2017 F150 SC5.0
I downloaded the zip file to my desktop, then extracted it to a 32 GB flash drive.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Yes I had this issue a while back. Contacted Ford who said at the time it was a corrupted file from them. I kept downloading it until it finally worked.

OP
OP

Tom4

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tomas
Vehicle(s)
S550
Yes I had this issue a while back. Contacted Ford who said at the time it was a corrupted file from them. I kept downloading it until it finally worked.
Yep looks for the same problem . thanks for info

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
Yep looks for the same problem . thanks for info
Also try different browsers if you have them. Safari took forever to download. I went to Chrome and it when much faster. I understand Firefox is also very good. Make sure to use a high speed USB 3 drive as well.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Tom4

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tomas
Vehicle(s)
S550
Guys, I tried Edge, Firefox, Opera and Flashget to download. But with the same results.

If anybody has a fast internet and time, this is the link with the required file to download:
https://ivsucdnakamaieuprod.azureed...002850769332867031/Map_25013789187_Update.zip

Maybe try to download and extract it, if only I have problem or the file is corrupted on the server.

I already write to official ford company with my problem.

Many thanks guys, and have a nice day

OP
OP

Tom4

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tomas
Vehicle(s)
S550
POSSIBLE SOLUTION: Guys, I tried to open/extract files from zip using WinZip and it appears it was done correctly without error.

So will keep you informed once I will make succesfull update.

OP
OP

Tom4

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tomas
Vehicle(s)
S550
SOLUTION:

So guys, maps finally updated.

1. Extract zip file only with Winzip

2. Some FlashDisc USB are not detected by mustang sync system, some yes. You have to try more of them to find out correct one. You need at least 32GB USB, and max capacity is not limited. I had to try 3 of them, last one which was correctly operating was 1TB USB.

Have a nice day and wish you all the best.

Multitask

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2020 MKZ Hybrid
DLed it, seemed to not take as long as it said (1 hour took 10 minutes) so I'm guessing it's corrupt... and yes it is... says it is over 5G in size, but gets an error when unziping it....

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
DLed it, seemed to not take as long as it said (1 hour took 10 minutes) so I'm guessing it's corrupt... and yes it is... says it is over 5G in size, but gets an error when unziping it....
Welcome to the club. Try a different browser and different USB 3.0 drives (2.0 drives are two slow). Also try downloading again after midnight. Less traffic on the server. Eventually you will hit the right combo and all will go well.

Sponsored