mAkI

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Moiz
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
20200902_125643.jpg
Updated to the latest sync version 3.4.20136 and it enabled navigation instructions from waze and Google maps on the dash cluster. However, waze seems to be broken while google maps works perfect. Besides the theme, are there any other new features I can play around with?
Sponsored

OP
OP

mAkI

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Moiz
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
You need a usb with more than 8gb storage. Go to help.ford.com/update-sync/usb/ and type in your vin number it'll guide you through the process

Usmc341

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullit
You need a usb with more than 8gb storage. Go to help.ford.com/update-sync/usb/ and type in your vin number it'll guide you through the process
Thanks. It's similar to what I did on my Challenger. I'll have to check the version I have. Since I have a 2020 I may already have the latest version

zack.whitford

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Thanks for bringing this to our attention. Update went smoothly for me. Was hoping to see an oil temp gauge but unfortunately it wasn't part of the new software.

Sponsored

OP
OP

mAkI

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Moiz
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Isn't there an oil temo gauge you can enable on the digital dash?

el-guapin

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tesla.com
Vehicle(s)
1949 UFO
Isn't there an oil temo gauge you can enable on the digital dash?
Not really. But there is a cylinder temp gauge selectable on the digital dash. I have the GT350 gauge pack which has oil temp and pressure. The temps seen on the GT350 gauge and cylinder temp on digital display are the same if not close.

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Nope. I had to buy a GT350 gauge pod to have oil temperature. But turns out it's a fake oil temperature (calculated from other sensors), so not overly happy about that. Ha ha.

zack.whitford

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Yeah, I've just gotten used to waiting for the heads to come to operating temp and then waiting an additional 10-15 minutes. Oil should be good to go at that point.

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Yeah, I've just gotten used to waiting for the heads to come to operating temp and then waiting an additional 10-15 minutes. Oil should be good to go at that point.
Oh, way sooner than that, at least in summer. Somebody said to use LC (launch control) to know when oil is hot enough, but it lights up way too soon, with less than 150F on the already optimistic GT350 gauge. And that happens in about a minute after leaving my house. It shows near 200-deg in about 3 minutes, which is too soon IMO, even in summer (there're 10+ qts in there). I'm going to monitor the head vs oil temperature next time. I think 5 minutes after head temp is normal should be fine perfectly fine now. The better test will be when it gets cooler; takes longer for the oil to reach operating temperature. But at least the oil is both cooled and heated by the coolant, so it shouldn't take awfully long even in cooler weather. We'll see.
Sponsored