Sponsored

SYNC 3 and iPhone SE: Bluetooth audio disconnects

AttiS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Hey TexasRebel and chrisgonzales,

Have you tried to perform a module reset and pair the phone back with a clean connection? If not, here's how to do it: Select radio > Hold the power button (center of the volume knob) + the right-seek button at the same time for up to 5 seconds.

Keep me updated!

Cara
I am having a similar problem, I will be listening to music from my iphone 7 connected via bluetooth and then out of nowhere the music stops and the system switches over to fm radio. It is EXTREMELY frustrating.

When I try to go back into sources and click bluetooth audio it looks like it is trying to connect and then it switches back to fm and says "the media device cannot be loaded". The only thing I have found to get music playing from my phone again is turning off my car and opening the door and waiting until the screen goes completely dark and off. At that point I can turn the car back on and it works again. I had to do this in traffic on the freeway the other day which was dangerous and annoying.

when you say select radio do you mean turn fm or am radio on from sources? I would like to get this solved without taking my car in, since it is a problem that only happens every once in a while (way more lately) it will be hard to show the ford techs what I am talking about.
Sponsored

FordIVTteam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I am having a similar problem, I will be listening to music from my iphone 7 connected via bluetooth and then out of nowhere the music stops and the system switches over to fm radio. It is EXTREMELY frustrating.

When I try to go back into sources and click bluetooth audio it looks like it is trying to connect and then it switches back to fm and says "the media device cannot be loaded". The only thing I have found to get music playing from my phone again is turning off my car and opening the door and waiting until the screen goes completely dark and off. At that point I can turn the car back on and it works again. I had to do this in traffic on the freeway the other day which was dangerous and annoying.

when you say select radio do you mean turn fm or am radio on from sources? I would like to get this solved without taking my car in, since it is a problem that only happens every once in a while (way more lately) it will be hard to show the ford techs what I am talking about.
Hey AttiS550,

Have you performed the module reset or a reset to the phone?

Cara