Sponsored

Sync 3 Bluetooth Problems

phillybob232

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
White Platinum 2017 GT/CS
-Brand new 2017 GT/CS-

Has anyone had trouble with Sync 3 constant disconnecting from your phone? Have a Pixel XL and when I get in the car, it connects, then when I try to select BT Audio, it'll switch for a second, then go right back to the radio and say there is no device connected. When I go find my phone in the system, it's still connected usually, but the media function will be disconnected. Endless cycle until I get frustrated and use Android Auto. Not to mention that the Mobile Apps are constantly hit and miss.

Android Auto is great but sometimes I want to just hop in and go without wires, and sometimes I would like for me or a passenger to actually be able to do something with the phone despite streaming music, so the BT is key. Maybe I want audio while getting direction from Waze, etc.

Anyone have issues like this? Anyone have ideas on resolving them? Not sure if its the phone or the car, but I've ever had BT issues before this car, and I'd like some insight from the community before I take it in somewhere. Thanks!

-For what it's worth, I've checked for updates, have auto updates enabled, and have tried resetting the system. Occasionally it works, usually I still run into the problems described above.
Sponsored

pietran30

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
-Brand new 2017 GT/CS-

Has anyone had trouble with Sync 3 constant disconnecting from your phone? Have a Pixel XL and when I get in the car, it connects, then when I try to select BT Audio, it'll switch for a second, then go right back to the radio and say there is no device connected. When I go find my phone in the system, it's still connected usually, but the media function will be disconnected. Endless cycle until I get frustrated and use Android Auto. Not to mention that the Mobile Apps are constantly hit and miss.

Android Auto is great but sometimes I want to just hop in and go without wires, and sometimes I would like for me or a passenger to actually be able to do something with the phone despite streaming music, so the BT is key. Maybe I want audio while getting direction from Waze, etc.

Anyone have issues like this? Anyone have ideas on resolving them? Not sure if its the phone or the car, but I've ever had BT issues before this car, and I'd like some insight from the community before I take it in somewhere. Thanks!

-For what it's worth, I've checked for updates, have auto updates enabled, and have tried resetting the system. Occasionally it works, usually I still run into the problems described above.
I have a base and still have the same problem. Every couple of months you can no longer listen to bluetooth audio because it immediately disconnects. I usually have to pull the fuse to get it to properly reset.

Eschatts

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Cali Special
I have noticed this a couple of times already with my Iphone 6

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
My iphone drops blue tooth regularly. have to shut car off to get it to reconnect...

MustangJoe84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 GT, 1998 GT Sport, 2003 Mach1, 2015 GT
You can try a quick Sync reset by pressing the radio power button and the radio forward seek button >> together and holding until a message appears. Then let go and the reset will take about 15 to 30 seconds to complete. This is supposed to take the place of the normal Sync reset of disconnecting the battery under the hood for 10 minutes. Then try the voice command 'bluetooth audio' then 'play' when prompted. It also helps if you turn your phone completely off/on at lease once a week to help with connectivity issues.

Sponsored

Rdot9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT Premium w/ Performance Package
Mine has this issue too, with my old iphone and still with my S7 Edge. Music stops playing, I try hitting play on the screen, nothing, open phone to hit play, it plays but disconnects. Then says the phone is still connected...

I end up turning bluetooth on/off on my phone and reconnecting.

Sloan91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Performance Pack
I have the same issue with my Android Auto equipped car.

Sub'd for some helpful responses.

I thought disabling the Android Auto would solve my issue but it does not.
Still says no phone connected and drops the media connection just like the OP is experiencing.

OP
OP
phillybob232

phillybob232

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
White Platinum 2017 GT/CS
Mine has this issue too, with my old iphone and still with my S7 Edge. Music stops playing, I try hitting play on the screen, nothing, open phone to hit play, it plays but disconnects. Then says the phone is still connected...

I end up turning bluetooth on/off on my phone and reconnecting.
This is interesting, as I've noticed sometimes my BT just gets shut off on my phone on it's own during this process. Turning it back on hasn't helped.

awmustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost Premium PP
I've had numerous problems with my bluetooth connection in my car. I was thinking it was something with the phone, but now that I see so many others with different phones having the same problem I'm not so sure.

The first issue that happened was the phone would be connected fine and then suddenly start connecting and disconnecting over and over rapidly until the car popped up a message that it couldn't keep a stable connection and stop trying. I thought maybe it had something to do with my Pebble watch so I stopped wearing that for a bit and now the bluetooth on my phone will turn off on it's own. Sometimes I can turn it back on and it will be fine and other times it will just turn right back off. I've tried rebooting my phone, clearing the cache, resetting sync with the power button and fast forward buttons. I haven't tried pulling the fuse because when I finally got to that point in the troubleshooting process I couldn't find the thread that said which fuses to pull.
So if someone can help me out there that would be great.
Also, when you pull the fuse, do you lose any settings, like saved destinations in nav or radio favorites or anything else? Just want to be sure I get those reset if needed.

4orceFed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP Equip.Group 400A
Same issue here. Intermittent connection, unresponsive SYNC screen, and have to control music selection and playback from my iPhone while it's connect with USB cable. Thought it was my phone.

SUB'd

Sponsored

MedStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Guard GT PP 401A
From time to time I'll start my car up and notice that my phone isn't connected. When I go to the car's bluetooth settings it shows that bluetooth is off, but it won't let me turn it on. Like the button is frozen and won't activate. It will stay off for that driving session. It'll usually come back on the next time I drive without me doing anything.

I've also noticed my screen will black out on startup some times. It won't come on at all. No radio, backup camera, or anything. Especially annoying when I need navigation. I've never found a rhyme or reason for this either.

awmustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost Premium PP
I was just out of town for the weekend and had a Buick Verano as my rental (my other options were a Camry or a Soul, talk about a no-win situation). Anyway, I had my phone connected via bluetooth for music, text messages and audio of navigation directions. The phone connected every time and stayed connected without issue. This is definitely a Ford Sync problem, so we all need to contact Ford and/or our dealers so that they hear about it and get working on a fix.

awmustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost Premium PP
my bluetooth used to drop regularly, at least twice daily.

It hasn't happened once since the v2.2 update.
I have a 2017 that already has Android Auto and Carplay. It says it is Version 2.0. I wonder if anyone has tried to apply the 2.2 update to a 2017?

Mbsk01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EBM
I've been having this problem off and on for months.

I've disconnected the battery to reset it in the past. Once it magically fixed itself without me having done anything.

A Sync issue for sure.
Sponsored