Sponsored

Suspension - What progressive springs to go?

OP
OP
boostedblake

boostedblake

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Blake
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Okay cool so does the rear camber kit need to be purchased as well? and does Steeda deliver to Australia from the website
we do have the ability to ship to Australia - you can choose international checkout upon completing your order. We do have a distributor in Australia too -https://www.mustangmotorsport.com.au/brand/steeda-autosports/

The rear camber is generally pretty good - the adjustable rear camber kit is often ordered to make easier adjustments

TJ

snake bite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords of course
Okay cool so does the rear camber kit need to be purchased as well? and does Steeda deliver to Australia from the website
All I did after lowering the car was take it to my local tyre shop to do a 4 wheel alignment. It actually was still fairly close to factory settings. I didn't purchase any camber kit. Tyre wear was great, got about 30000km from my Michelin (as apposed to the 14000km from my pirellis pre lowering).

OP
OP
boostedblake

boostedblake

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Blake
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
All I did after lowering the car was take it to my local tyre shop to do a 4 wheel alignment. It actually was still fairly close to factory settings. I didn't purchase any camber kit. Tyre wear was great, got about 30000km from my Michelin (as apposed to the 14000km from my pirellis pre lowering).
Nice! Got any photos of it lowered?

snake bite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords of course
Here is a before an after and before and after when I first lowered a couple of years ago now.
IMG_20181101_123518.jpg
IMG_20181101_121244.jpg
IMG_20181101_120724.jpg
IMG_20181101_120437.jpg

Sponsored

snake bite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords of course
Few more, out of the thousands i have ha ha ha :rockon:
20181102_152354.jpg
20181102_152452.jpg
20181102_152505.jpg
20181102_151442.jpg

OP
OP
boostedblake

boostedblake

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Blake
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Here is a before an after and before and after when I first lowered a couple of years ago now.
IMG_20181101_121244.jpg
Looks much meaner! Did you put spacers on?
Also how do you find it driving in suburbia in town shopping centers etc? Not too low or a nuisance to drive after lowering

-Armoured-

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wolfgang
Vehicle(s)
Mazda RX7
The ride quality is way more harsh, and not as soft as the factory springs especially on the shit roads around my location. This may be due to the springs and the larger wheel combination.

I'll never go back to the factory springs though. The handing is way better and the looks are killer.

snake bite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords of course
Looks much meaner! Did you put spacers on?
Also how do you find it driving in suburbia in town shopping centers etc? Not too low or a nuisance to drive after lowering
Cheers, yeah it looks killer lowered and how it should be. Not sure what you mean by spacers, if you mean on the wheels then no. I do have wider rubber though with 265 on front and 285 rear. In terms of everyday driving in suburbia its fine and haven't had issues, having said that you still have to be aware not to go to fast over spoon drains and the dreaded curb when parking in front wards. I definitely wouldn't go lower though. The other thing is my big trolley jack doesn't fit under it and I suggest some low profile ramps so you can get the jack under the front. Minor issues for a hot look

OP
OP
boostedblake

boostedblake

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Blake
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Cheers, yeah it looks killer lowered and how it should be. Not sure what you mean by spacers, if you mean on the wheels then no. I do have wider rubber though with 265 on front and 285 rear. In terms of everyday driving in suburbia its fine and haven't had issues, having said that you still have to be aware not to go to fast over spoon drains and the dreaded curb when parking in front wards. I definitely wouldn't go lower though. The other thing is my big trolley jack doesn't fit under it and I suggest some low profile ramps so you can get the jack under the front. Minor issues for a hot look
Yeah I was referring to wheel spacers cause it seems to fill the guard more but you said you have fatter rubber on so that'd explain it!
Looks much better đź‘Ś
Sponsored