bateto_007

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang Mach 1
Hello.
Can anyone guess why the steering wheel is slightly to the left? I was wondering if it was the left front shock absorber to replace. I looked under the shock absorber, there is no oiling. I measured the distance from the center of the hub to the fender. It is 5mm lower on the left.

amor.jpg
Sponsored

cerbomark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach1 700, 6 Spd.#5558
steering wheel off center is usually part of the alignment.
It s not a shock issue.
why you say one side is lower is unknown to me. Spring would usually make the ride height .

OP
OP

bateto_007

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang Mach 1
It all started with my left side looking lower. Then I looked at the steering wheel and saw that the straight road was slightly curved to the left, but when I let go of the steering wheel the car did not pull to the left, but went straight. Then I measured the distance from the center of the rim to the fender and on the left side it is 5mm lower than on the right.

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
It all started with my left side looking lower. Then I looked at the steering wheel and saw that the straight road was slightly curved to the left, but when I let go of the steering wheel the car did not pull to the left, but went straight. Then I measured the distance from the center of the rim to the fender and on the left side it is 5mm lower than on the right.
you need an alignment, and even if it something else, an alignment is the first step. The factory alignments are only so-so, and alignments don't last forever.

If the car is driving in a steady state, and not starting to braking/accelerating or beginning to turn, the shocks really aren't doing anything, leaking or not.

Sponsored

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Your picture makes the red stripe look like it is not in the center of the wheel. It could just be the angle of the photo shot from the right hand. The wheel does look as though it's turned few degrees to the left. When the wheel is perfectly level where does the red stripe point? BTW nice steering wheel. I just installed one almost identical to it. As for the 5mm height difference? That could be a bound up bushing.

OP
OP

bateto_007

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang Mach 1
I will check the front bushings on Monday

Emilbadal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Emil
Vehicle(s)
2016 V6 Auto DIB
From what I see, your steering wheel's red stripe is not in the correct dead center. Your steering wheel might be slightly off but not as much as the red stripe is. Take some measurements and see if that's the case

cerbomark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach1 700, 6 Spd.#5558
na, it looks off if you look at the seems below 10 and 2 area. The red stripe although doesn t look centered with the lowest chrome spoke on the wheel but maybe that s the angle.
Ford offers free alignment in the first 12K I believe . I took advantage and had one done "anyway".

OP
OP

bateto_007

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang Mach 1
The steering wheel was replaced months ago. Everything was in order and everything was centered, symmetrical. I have been observing this distortion for a week.

Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Hello.
Can anyone guess why the steering wheel is slightly to the left? I was wondering if it was the left front shock absorber to replace. I looked under the shock absorber, there is no oiling. I measured the distance from the center of the hub to the fender. It is 5mm lower on the left.

amor.jpg
I was going to say the same as stated above. To me and that photo, the steering wheel red center stripe does not look like it was placed or manufactured 100% in the center. This could be a total optical illusion, but count the carbon fiber columns on each side of that red line.

Are the columns equal from center to the 9 and 3 o'clock positions?