N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
what is so cool about all of your videos is that you are doing it with your son!!!
Yep. Coulda just installed a $110 H-pipe with the lad as well. But, spend money on GT converted to a GT350-ish look. Gotta save coin somewhere. Anywho, this gave me an idea, time to gut my stock GT mufflers. So I can retain that stock look haha.

poncho@home

GettingOld
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
I don't care if you put a rubber ducky hood ornament on the car....what is so cool about all of your videos is that you are doing it with your son!!! Love it!! Keep it up, stuff like this is priceless!!
100% agree with this! My fondest childhood memories are helping my older brothers work on their Firebirds. I grew up holding the shop light, getting tools and actually wrenching on stuff with them.

frank s

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.fsheff.com
First Name
frank
Vehicle(s)
Stang '19 Magnetic, EcoBoost™, Vert, MagneRide® PP
Vehicle Showcase
100% agree with this! My fondest childhood memories are helping my older brothers work on their Firebirds. I grew up holding the shop light, getting tools and actually wrenching on stuff with them.
Good idea: Teach this kid to babble on, make a 12-minute video out of a three-minute subject of dubious value, and hang it all out there for everyone to see. "I am not useless: I can be used as a bad example".

OP
OP
wrongwayup

wrongwayup

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrei
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
the whole idea of all of this is basically wrenching with my son.... or teaching him how to wrench with me observing.

I cannot describe how this sounds ...it is my opinion that it sounds better then a factory made H-pipe ..... I got the idea from researching h-pipes .... we decided to pull the trigger on moding ours and if it failed just spend $200 on one made.

As far as tools ... you need tools ... this is the perfect excuse to buy a $600 welder ... it will be "look honey we saved us $190 on this mod"
A friend of mine has a harbor freight wire flux welder and it would of worked just as good.

Sponsored

OP
OP
wrongwayup

wrongwayup

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrei
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Seems like an awful lot of trouble to go through when a simple H or X pipe is not that expensive. Seems an odd corner to cut when you went for the additional expense of OEM 350 parts, but cheap out on a 100 to 150 dollar x pipe? Realistically, this cost much more than 10 dollars as it assumes you have a welder and the ability to operate one which is by no means a given.
The point of it is wrenching with my son and getting him to think out of the box... yes you are correct in that it would of been easier to jut buy it.... but there are no memories made in life when you just buy something ... non what so ever . more joy out of just making it yourself

The car was a total loss junkyard find ... going to GT or " The more aggressive GT" in the end would of cost the same. either way we still would of bought new OEM . we built the car for us

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
OP, there are always naysayers on these forums. Being a dad that's done stuff with my kids, I hand to you for spending some time with him and not watching a video game or some other nonsense. My kids are grown and very successful in life and love. It's an investment. It isn't about the money, it's about what you do with your time and those who want to have fun with. I look forward to you guys putting some more videos up!

OP
OP
wrongwayup

wrongwayup

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrei
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Good job removing the designed-in crossover portion of the resonator by closing off the perforations. What a dumb idea for the amount of work.

no the crossover part is intact.... not sure what the technical part is of what we covered ... but that part is just a noise absorber .... now all that beautiful American noise comes out in full.

we found a parking garage and we got on it... you will need hearing protection on , it is that loud!!

DmanDmythDlegend

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt pp1
I dont disagree that its awesome getting to spend the time with your son and dont disparage that aspect at all. Just made the comment that outside of the experience of it all, its wholly impractical.

wade001

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wade
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Prem. 10r80, PP1, 401A, Active Exhaust
you got a lot of flak for the last thing you posted too.. ignore the haters..

kudos to you for hanging out with your kid and teaching him something, unlike a lot of other parents today (and i use the term 'parents' loosely)...

Sponsored

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
I dont disagree that its awesome getting to spend the time with your son and dont disparage that aspect at all. Just made the comment that outside of the experience of it all, its wholly impractical.
I experimented quite a bit with the exhaust on my 2015 and could not come up with something that I liked. The suitcase masks some sound and having owned many older muscle cars many years ago I always liked the H pipe sound. But the resonator isn't really a H pipe because of the holes in the pipes inside the suitcase. It makes sense to me that with the holes covered and the suitcase put back in, drone would be either completely eliminated or nearly so. You might think I'm nuts, but I'm going to try doing this to my 2018.

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
I was a gofer and hold the light kid for my older brother. My son was the same for me. Now when I get old I’ll hold the light for him.
Some of my best memories as a father are of he and I working on cars together.
Good job dad.

CrashOverride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Hot rodding started when soldiers came back from WW2 and started bolting all kinds of stuff to the car. Using old driveshafts to make lake pipes, things like that. The spirit of modding, like it or not was about doing stuff like this. At one point there were no "staged" upgrades, no aftermarket companies and "Bolt on's" literally meant fabricating something that you thought might work and then bolting it on.

OP
OP
wrongwayup

wrongwayup

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrei
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I experimented quite a bit with the exhaust on my 2015 and could not come up with something that I liked. The suitcase masks some sound and having owned many older muscle cars many years ago I always liked the H pipe sound. But the resonator isn't really a H pipe because of the holes in the pipes inside the suitcase. It makes sense to me that with the holes covered and the suitcase put back in, drone would be either completely eliminated or nearly so. You might think I'm nuts, but I'm going to try doing this to my 2018.

you will like it...the sound coming out of the car now is a more pure muscle sound. you will get a slight pop with the manual when shifting past 4k.....a friend of mine and a huge car guy thinks this mod is one of the best sounding exhausts he has ever heard.

Ronin47

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 DHG BULLITT K4675 2020 INFINITI Q50 RS 400
This brings back memories of me and my daughter. We wrenched on everything on cars and loved spending quality time together. We both loved cars and had a passion for it. She is a chef now at a high end restaurant and drives A supped up 04 mercury marauder. Definitely daddy’s girl. :inlove:
Sponsored