Sponsored

Supercharger for auto

cyberbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT On Order
Are the 3.55 gears murder with a SC and auto?
Sponsored

OP
OP

AmiNo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Auto
Do the supercharged guys drive mostly in sport mode or paddle mode?

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
our beefcake special packages in paxton, vortech, and procharger are the best bangs for the buck out here.

lots of guys running 7 second ets for minimal investment compared to alot of the packages

hit us up with any questions you have

we can also offer local install if your in need as well

FATHERFORD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
By the time you do all the whipple "upgrades" you can buy, IMO, a nicer Kenne Bell blower.

desant89

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Gt Premium Auto
I almost went with kb. Tuners kind of talked me out of it. Also the fact that you have to remove the blower to change plugs. Just seems a bit much for me.

Sponsored

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
I almost went with kb. Tuners kind of talked me out of it. Also the fact that you have to remove the blower to change plugs. Just seems a bit much for me.
I did not know that and that's is pretty unfortunate. I wouldn't want to pull blower off to change plugs.

V8Venom

700 Club
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500
Vehicle Showcase
I love my Whipple and I love my auto. I use the paddle shifters exclusively. I have used the car in just D, but I do a lot of city driving and prefer to be able to control everything. From time to time on the highway I will throw it in D and the throttle is pretty responsive to when I want to just hammer it, but not always. I think KB makes a great kit as well, but I would never change from what I have. I am making 694 on 93 pump gas and as you have heard from others over 700 on pump is easily achieved. The customer service is fantastic and the tune is great. Whichever blower you choose you will probably be happy with.

CC Quik

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
Both Are Excellent Products. V8Venom Loves His Whipple And I'm Happy With My KB Unit. I'm Very Fortunate To Have My Work Done Here In Vegas At Shelby Performance Where They are Based And Talk To Tech's, Tuners And Reps From These Company's And Get Their Insight. They Install A lot Of Whipples On Shelbys,Terlinguas And Supersnakes. They Have There Own In House R/D Which Are Putting Some Very Nice Products For The S550. Just Purchased Their New Shelby Expansion Tank And waiting For The Shelby Oil Catch Cans To Be Released. If You Ever Come To vegas, You have To See This Place. Mustang Heaven!!!

BlackGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 triple black GT convertible
Do the supercharged guys drive mostly in sport mode or paddle mode?
I primarily leave it in "D" because the tune is done so well that the shift points are firm and positive, it is also the most relaxing because it is one less thing to think about while I am reading the paper, texting, watching youtube videos on my phone, and trying to eat. Just kidding! I do use the paddles when I am out to play but for the most part, I use drive.

I also have 3.15 gears and they seem to work really well. Traction is already an issue, I could only imagine how much worse it would be with 3.55s or 3.73s.

As far as looks go, I didn't spend this kind of money to look "OEM", I wanted "in your face, look at me" when I open the hood. :eyebulge:

Everyone's tastes are different and no one is more right than the other. I don't see you going wrong with any of the available kits out there. IF I had the money, I personally would have gone with the Hellion TT kit but I just couldn't swing it. Turbo's are free power.

I got to drive a Roush S/C car the other day and there is a big difference in the power delivery. The PD blower felt to have quicker throttle response (less throttle input) to get it going and it also felt like it was ready to pounce at the crack of the throttle. Mine drives very much like stock at low and part throttle but is all business when you need it.

Either route will be very gratifying, you just need to figure out the style of driving you want from your car.

Tugger50H

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
I got to drive a Roush S/C car the other day and there is a big difference in the power delivery. The PD blower felt to have quicker throttle response (less throttle input) to get it going and it also felt like it was ready to pounce at the crack of the throttle. Mine drives very much like stock at low and part throttle but is all business when you need it.
Do you think your car would be faster 0-60 or 0-100 because you don't have that low end grunt blowing the tires off?

Sponsored

BlackGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Traction being equal, I would say the PD would be quicker because of the difference in torque. I can still break the tires loose easily enough but it is still really controllable.

Not all PD cars are equal because the Roush 670 was slower than mine from a 60 roll. I was expecting it to be just the opposite.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
Traction being equal, I would say the PD would be quicker because of the difference in torque. I can still break the tires loose easily enough but it is still really controllable.

Not all PD cars are equal because the Roush 670 was slower than mine from a 60 roll. I was expecting it to be just the opposite.
actually not true,

you have to remember, if your shifting your car at say 7500, your coming in on the shifts at 6800 or so.

torque at 2500, or 3500, or 4500, 5500, even 6500 means nothing..

hp wins races........

our 2011 car barely makes 800 ft/lbs and goes 7s at about 180mph.....

BlackGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I am by no means a drag racer but it was my understanding that torque gets ya going and hp keeps ya going. I was strictly going off of his 0-? question and "assumed" that from a dig, with the difference in power delivery of the PD blower that it would be quicker off the line. From a roll, its anyone's game.

I am all about learning something new and it looks as though I have.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
I am by no means a drag racer but it was my understanding that torque gets ya going and hp keeps ya going. I was strictly going off of his 0-? question and "assumed" that from a dig, with the difference in power delivery of the PD blower that it would be quicker off the line. From a roll, its anyone's game.

I am all about learning something new and it looks as though I have.
heres the thing, even in a dig from a complete stop

you are below 6000 rpms for maybe 1 second, the rest of the run, you live above about 6800 or so rpms.

from a roll, your never below that

desant89

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Gt Premium Auto
I agree with Beefcake to an extent. From a roll, I will NEVER be anywhere near that high of an RPM to when starting off. However, once we get on it, I will live at a much higher RPM range. Not sure if in the 6800 range, but high enough to where the low end torque will not matter.

The difference for me is that low end toque is more fun to drive. Maybe if you are a drag racer, it can be too much for a street car, but I am not.
Sponsored