Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
  • Banned

Any interest in a 3.7 engine with a GT500 supercharger on top? Turns out these guys are in my area and supposedly close to a kit. Just seeing if there is actually interest...
Sponsored

USMCtoARMY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 MT

Any interest in a 3.7 engine with a GT500 supercharger on top? Turns out these guys are in my area and supposedly close to a kit. Just seeing if there is actually interest...
Its a cool concept thats been ongoing forever. People would be interested if it was the right price. If you read through the Forced Induction thread, which is where this discussion should be moved, its talked about there.

OP
OP
Fatguy

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
  • Banned
Its a cool concept thats been ongoing forever. People would be interested if it was the right price. If you read through the Forced Induction thread, which is where this discussion should be moved, its talked about there.

Maybe worth its own thread. I passed by the address the place is at today (in Ajax) and it’s a machine shop which makes sense. What also makes sense is that next month emissions testing and verification will end in Ontario where these guys are located which is why they may be waiting a bit on the kit. You can now permanently mod to your heart’s content. I took some pics while there but nothing too interesting. I’m a businessman so a physical check of the location tells a lot.

This one still has legs...

OP
OP
Fatguy

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
  • Banned
I would be interested

But this would be no procharger system with all the bugs worked out. I passed by the place and it’s a large machine shop (no specific store front for their racing business) and I am assuming the guys work there or nearby and do the machine work there. Small business in other words.

April would seem the best time to test the waters if I was doing it and probably at some car shows first. Like I said before our emissions testing and visual inspection ends officially next month so there will be a flurry of interest in their back yard. And plenty of V6 Mustangs up here!

Expect if they do pull the trigger in a kit for it to be minimal. I would expect just the redone blower and belt drive train. Without sorted out injectors and such the gains will be small at first. Christ, if it’s just the blower you could actually do it mad max style with a cut off and keep drivability and screw around with the blower at very modest limits. But this is not my expertise so whatever. Personally I am more interested in the 7.3 V8 drivetrain swap as that will work for drivability (and I always wanted a big block).

But far be it for me to piss on small business as that is what I do. There could be a small market for this. Unlike a procharger you will need a hood with a raised cowl to clear the supercharger assembly though. That could be a plus or minus to you... And yes the makers of the original supercharger could have an issue with this but things are so small time I think they judgement proof. If interest grows then expect the original manufacturer to put out their version and threaten litigation. A bigger fish eats the smaller fish...

Last edited:

Sponsored

Lbj

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT. A10 auto
True but I would think buy the time it’s ready for the public to buy They should have a good idea of what the buyer would need to do to finish up that job ..I Guess we just wait to see what we need and how much it cost to buy if it they get enough people interested in it

OP
OP
Fatguy

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
  • Banned
Why wait? I’ll call them up in a few minutes. It’s a local call.

Update: Called the local number and left a message. The mystery lives on... :giggle:

Update 2: Called the toll free line and it seems to be a Skytel line not set up yet?

BTW: This is all under the Morana Racing Engines company name.

Last edited:

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
It pops up every once in awhile, but there hasn't really been any progress shared on it since that video. Definitely not something I'm holding my breath on.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Fatguy

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
https://m.facebook.com/MoranaRacing/

That old video there looks promising. This is a family business. They have a real machine shop that could be sued. If they handed it off to someone with no equity it could be viable. I would keep performance expectations really low and look at this as a hobby project and just offer up the hardware.

Just talking to them could be interesting. I might even get invoked if so inclined as I stated in the phone call. What the hell - something to do. The other party has to show damages to sue so not phased by that yet. Been there and done that!

It is interesting at that 3500 dollar price point...

OP
OP
Fatguy

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
I am at the company right now: Ozimek Industries. Going in and try to find out what the straight story is in this. Wish me luck and here I go...

OP
OP
Fatguy

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
Success! They do have a store front and business. I met Morana and shot some videos of the supercharger system. He is actually selling kits as we speak but low volume.

Stay tuned as I have to get back to town...

OP
OP
Fatguy

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
I’m back in town dodging snow fall. Anyway, Morana’s son is apparently not actively involved anymore so his father is building the kits but is not that internet savvy which explains much.

He says he is selling another kit next week but he has other custom work in the works and does this when he has the time. It it is for real. He has two intercoolers for this kit. He gets around the supercharger issues by selling the kit minus the supercharger - the customer has to buy it. That is how any possible legal issues are dismissed. So this thing has legs still.

Oh. The kit is now lowered enough that Morana says it will fit under the OEM hood!

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Any new videos of it running (guess you'll be uploading yours eventually)? More pictures of the full setup? Cost projections? How's the install? Any quarter mile runs? Any dyno runs?
Sponsored