Sunday Morning Thread GT500 Owners Club

IceAge

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
GG
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 500, 2022 GT500, 2020 GT Mustang, Raptor,
I thought I would make this thread a weekly chime in conversation for us GT500 Club Forum Members. I feel we are a niche club here and many are truly life long ICE AGE owners from the 60's, 70's, 80s and 90's. I would feel most her as well are the 40's plus owners and sure some 30's and thats great for the young guns but feel many here can relate with each other. I'll start the conversation on my past week since as we all know Sunday is the rest day and a refresh for the new week ahead. And I am thinking we share our GT500 stories and other things within realm of interesting conversation. Hope all can chime in on the Sunday morning thread and look forward to some really great forum reading.
Sponsored

OP
OP
IceAge

IceAge

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
GG
Vehicle(s)
6D7FEB23-A4D3-4678-9C4E-023B33387BBE.jpeg
WOW and I mean WOW
this was the most exciting week in my automotive purchasing in all my years. And I have purchased many vehicles over the years and some really nice vehicles at that. My first purchase that was special to me was a brand new 1984 Volkswagen GTI in 1984 at the young age of 21. This was my first ever new car and over the years I would buy cars but not niche cars until 2002 a used Z06 C5. Then in 2004 I picked up the Hummers all custom with Superchargers and big wheels. I picked up a 2008 Z06 C6 which I waited 4 years to get one at a discount. In 2014 I ordered the new Hellcat Challenger and that is a long story which some may have read here but didn't get one until the fall of 2015. This past September I placed an order for the GT500 and initially ordered Velocity Blue and then changed to Twister Orange and then Changed to Iconic Silver. And I as many here would monitor this site and once January came I started being here about everyday. And like many Snoopy our friend would issue any new news and I would call Noah at FP. I as others started to become frustrated on the unknown build date for my order and called Noah and told him I found a Magnetic Metal at my dealer by accident last Monday and what was his thoughts. Noah was like no way you have an opportunity to buy a Magnetic and I was like possibly but not sure.....etc. And yeah I can go on and on but Holy Crap this has been the most AWESOME automotive purchasing experience for me in my lifetime and yes as most if not all know I now own a Dealer Factory Ordered GT500 Magnetic Metal that was built on 2/4/2020. Summing up the conversation this was the most exciting week for me in a long time and hope all can share exciting stories as well as those who have theirs and will tell their story.
41157C31-C8E1-4CDA-96FF-D29E7F33C931.jpeg
217B1876-A7A8-46D6-8BEC-A250F624EB8A.jpeg
EF69B91B-C7A2-4A0D-8A69-CF38F56C4EFC.jpeg
E6CCAC46-36BA-4E99-9742-20F24DE3CB53.jpeg
View attachment 438973

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0
OP
OP
IceAge

IceAge

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
GG
Vehicle(s)
I was reading my posting and every response doesn't have to be all exciting and share your challenges as well. Sharing challenges sometimes gives others ideas and different views to possibly uplift the other :beer:

OH3Cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Cobra Convertible
like your taste - the Hummer is an anomaly.... Not a fan but everyone has a truck phase.

Sponsored

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
I've done a fair amount of traveling on US highways but I don't think I've ever been to a place where being high is more necessary than here in Texas (and no, not that kind.)

Consequently, a full-size pickup or SUV is almost essential if you're one of those people who hates not being able to see in front of you. :-)

Plus, I'd rather be in a pickup than a clown car in an accident.

Obviously, I have to make exceptions for the new ride but when I'm driving her, there is rarely anyone in front of me. <smiling>

SEERED

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Curtis
Vehicle(s)
20 GT500-LOUDMOUTH LIME
I'll share. I am at work and get a call from AAA auto concierge service asking if my interaction with the dealer (Galpin in LA) went well. I told the lady, I was confused and please tell me what did she mean by the question. She asked if my order of my 2020 mustang went satisfactory. I said HUH? She said that my 2020 Shelby GT500 would be amazing and wanted to ask if there was anything else she could do to help. I told her she just made a mistake or just ruined the biggest surprise EVER! She started apologizing profusely and asked me to forget she called, YEAH RIGHT. I get home and ask my wife about my odd call and she turned a new shade of white and confirmed the order for me. Surprise? Its all true and holy crap, I am a lucky man! GAWD I LOVE THAT WOMAN!!!!!!

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
WOW AND DOUBLE WOW!!!!!! (There's no emoji for THAT amount of surprise!)

Without a doubt, that is THE BEST story about a surprise gift that I have ever heard.

SUPER happy you've joined the club, Curtis. :-)

OP
OP
IceAge

IceAge

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
GG
Vehicle(s)
And another week has passed us GT500 owners which for me I have some driving time with my new ride. I have close to 400 miles on mine. And this car truly is a track car Race car make no mistake. As far as a daily driver no way for me and wouldn’t drive her daily even if she was. Her true belongings are the back roads which she just eats up the curves and explodes exiting out of them with insane power. If you don’t have your traction control on and your not an experienced road course person you’ll be off the road faster than you can blink an eye. She’s a gas hog for sure lol I’m averaging 14 mph and that includes a fair amount of highway time. The DCT transmission is just so different for me and she makes imo a lot of feel and noise down shifting. And the car truly rolls back a little when your stopped and taking off and or backing up she rolls forward. You can feel the clutch plates engaging if that makes any sense being she’s technically an automatic set up but she ain’t lol. The down shifting in sport mode is more fun and she seems to get stuck in 2nd gear upon hard acceleration which I don’t want to redline her just yet but seems to be still in 2nd in the 6500 rpm range. The turning radius is huge and have had to back up to get her into a parking spots at shopping centers. And really have to be alert on her wide turn to the point yesterday I nicked a curb and this so sucks since the wheel is now chipped and tire is cut. I purchased the tire and wheel warranty but just totally sucks not even a week old and she’s got a bruise. I have many cars to compare this with and so far in my current collection the GT500 is the baddest ass production Race Car. Even my Hellcats don not have this type of Race Car feel. Hope all have a safe and fun week ahead and be safe and be alert when driving your new ride:sunglasses:
1AE9648D-5DF2-4A43-B25E-111A19AC199E.jpeg

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
I purchased the tire and wheel warranty but just totally sucks not even a week old and she’s got a bruise.
I know from experience unless the wheel is totally destroyed it's Not going to be replaced.

Sponsored
OP
OP
IceAge

IceAge

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
GG
Vehicle(s)
I know from experience unless the wheel is totally destroyed it's Not going to be replaced.
Yes I can believe that and I know how tricky those aftermarket items are and they will have a wheel guy come out and do the fix and repair. Which yeah it sucks but its interesting since as time progresses and more and more GT500s hit the road the stories that will start to come. And I personally started the"Prayer Thread" lol and you just have to say it could have been worse lol. And or now this is a good excuse to have to buy new wheels and tires:)
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...-and-future-gt500-owners.136801/#post-2813372

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
GG: Great Sunday morning post, thanks for the read. You may also take heart in knowing that you're not the only one to do dumb things. "Dumb" is my middle name. :=) If i don't make a CONSCIOUS effort NOT to be a dunce, it will bite me in the butt.

As for the car, other than the moderately rough ride, I could easily see this being a daily driver as it's SO docile if you stay out of the throttle. (The wife thinks so too but that's as far as THAT's gonna go.) <grinning>

But you are so on the money with your comments about handling and power, the car is simply amazing.

And I'm LOVING my new QuickJack!

Used it yesterday to install front rock guards and now I won't have to brush those damn stones out of the side splitters again! YAY!

upload_2020-3-1_8-50-35.png

BTW, I just topped 500 on the mileage and already did the first oil change. She took a full twelve quarts. (THAT's gonna get old considering how often I change erl...and no, not THAT "Earl.") <smile>

Last edited:

OH3Cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Cobra Convertible
Like the rock guards, wondering if that will that effect aero? And if it does, does saving your paint out weigh that?

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
I'm quite sure it negatively affects the aerodynamics of the side splitters, OH3 because the rock guard blocks that big open hole at the end of the splitter which I'm equally sure was designed to allow air IN.

Regarding your second question, I'm a paint junkie, amigo and I protect it with my life (almost). :-) So yes, it's worth it to me because I couldn't care less if she's a little less "slippery through the air." <grinning> It damn sure won't slow her down and the only thing it might impact that is detectable is gas mileage. And, like the loss of slippery, I couldn't care less what gas mileage she gets. <bigger grin> I actually take PRIDE in being able to advertise a LOUSY one. <chuckle>

OH3Cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Cobra Convertible
Smiles per mile my friend. Well said, paint junkie as well. Want em looking their best at all times. I'll do film and ceramic when i get the car.
Sponsored