Sunday Morning Thread GT500 Owners Club

ChuckXX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2020 SHELBY GT 500
Chuck: Those are RokBlokz...the '15-19 GT-350 version. I only got the fronts.

Here's a link.
Hello my friend Kilobravo the man with the best AVATARS bar none!!!!!!! I actually spoke to Brooke at Rokblokz last week. I have her number even though she doesn't put it on the site. She said she is trying to find a 2020 GT500 so she can make a "Prototype" and make me a pair. So I will see how this progresses. THANK YOU for being a Great Guy Kilobravo. I do have a pair of JLT Rock Blockers but in all honesty they are not very impressive to look at. I like the actual mud guards a whole lot more.

OP
OP
IceAge

IceAge

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
GG
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 500, 2022 GT500, 2020 GT Mustang, Raptor,
Damn how time just moves on in this physical world and it never will stop whether you're here or you have departed. I picked up my new Ford Shelby Truck now 12 days ago. It's been all about the Shelby for me being I have driven her every day up to yesterday. My goal is to get to 1500 miles asap before the cold weather sets in. And as of today she's at 1,367 miles and getting the oil changed Monday which she will be at the 1500 mark to let her loose LOL. And I have gotten into her up to 4k RPM here and there but have not nailed her. She is a stiff ride and choppy on the rough roads. You get your marbles bouncing up top and down below but on the smoother roads she is comfortable. The rear leaf springs are not comforting LOL being the wheel hop and traction set up is way too low. I have 2 times now rubbed them on raised surfaces and typically happens in gas station with the raised fills for the tanker trucks to dump the fuel. The exhaust note on her IMO could be a little louder and may have to change out the muffler and that is debatable at this point. The fuel mileage is truly incredible being she is a big heavy truck. I am seeing 18MPG average and I haul ass down the road so this is pretty fast speeds and city as well. In comparison my GT500 gets 15-16MPG and not much better which I am amazed not better. The Shelby truck is the Coyote 5.0 motor 770HP SC and the GT500 is the Predator 5.2 motor 760HP SC. The GT is smaller, lighter, aerodynamic and 2 wheel drive over the truck which has 2 wheel 4 wheel capability and is huge wind barrier in comparison. The Shelby Truck in the back roads is truly funky being you can feel the back ends ass following you thru the corners and not pushing you thru the corners LOL. And she is heavy which resonates into the pushing into the corner feel versus carving thru the curve feel LOL. The Apple play in the Ford products sucks LOL over the Dodge Apple play. Ford is intermittent on connecting and recognizing your device with the USB and the Dodge is like clock work which always works. The Bench seat with the center fold down console is really comfortable and no issues on long driving as long as the roads are not rough. The key to start the truck in the good old days steering wheel lock and tumbler is like archaic to me. I haven't owned a keyed car in years LOL which takes some getting used to and no keyless entry either. Damn the little things you take for granted but at least she has auto up windows and why Dodge does not offer this on the Challenger so befuddles me. She gets a lot of attention but honestly feel this truck is not even recognized due to being brand new and not much advertisement for her. I have not had anyone yet come up and try to run me which I am glad since I wouldn't always due to the break in. A big concern I have had from day one is the longevity of the aftermarket parts Tuscany Motors who builds the truck adds on. The first thing is the Whipple SC is fighting the Ford technology of the Auto Start Stop. The programming for the SC does not want the truck to be turning off and on at stop lights. The feature has been disabled but the Ford ECM does not like this and is sending Engine Light Icon on the dash. Thank goodness for my Ford Pass feature which is an app that sends you any alerts to your app. The app shows you the alert and diagnoses the code engine light warning. The message says the Auto Stop feature is the warning which at least gives me peace of mind and it comes and goes. The next thing that has occurred is noise in the rear springs area and yeah after rubbing them over the gas fill covers uh huh lol. It comes and goes when I am in slower speeds in parking lots and or pulling out onto the main road but then goes away. My gut feeling is I will beed to go over all the bolts and nuts and tighten them again is my guess. The truck truly is a blast to drive and she really does just motor down the road like a "Truck" which is my true beginnings and thats what fits the seat of my pants and makes me smile.

Hope everyone has an awesome week since its a change of season and incredible how we are at the end of another year WOW.
D29DD7D4-1935-4155-AE99-C27E66159B72.jpeg
020A7047-3867-433F-AE22-A64AE7E5359A.jpeg
85084F06-17B5-4A41-9CC2-1F06C688BDD7.jpeg
391F1723-EE51-47C5-9837-A27144AD616E.jpeg
5EE6595F-DCAF-48FC-AB6B-710CCF5FFDDD.jpeg
D8ED2108-9AB3-4860-A385-A7B58900B90B.jpeg

Last edited:

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
GG: If I may make a constructive comment...Hit that <Enter> button once in awhile, it will make the posts much easier to read. :-)

Excellent photos, as always.

DocGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shadow Black GT500, 2019 Explorer Sport
I thought I would make this thread a weekly chime in conversation for us GT500 Club Forum Members. I feel we are a niche club here and many are truly life long ICE AGE owners from the 60's, 70's, 80s and 90's. I would feel most her as well are the 40's plus owners and sure some 30's and thats great for the young guns but feel many here can relate with each other. I'll start the conversation on my past week since as we all know Sunday is the rest day and a refresh for the new week ahead. And I am thinking we share our GT500 stories and other things within realm of interesting conversation. Hope all can chime in on the Sunday morning thread and look forward to some really great forum reading.
Great idea. My short story: had a black mustang GT years ago that I saved for and had to get rid of it for financial reasons. worked hard, got a good education, sacrificed, saved my butt off and had the opportunity to get into the beast pictured below. This vehicle feels like something special, and matches the struggle and journey perfectly.

BF323C59-1909-4163-961C-73159451CA1E.jpeg
Sponsored