CodyP2000

CodyP2000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cody
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 50 Year Anniv Pkg/Perf Pkg
Google 'the parts farm'. It will take you to their website. You can call them, text chat, put in a request etc. Tell them the part you need, for this no part number will be necessary, a pic and explanation should suffice. They will then pull the part, send you pics, and if what's you need ship it to you . Typically takes about an hour if you call them, till they have part in hand depending how busy they are, and the difficulty of removing said part of course. Your request should be quick

There are several mustang parts places like this. Local places to me do not stock newer cars either so using places like those works well. Many s550 parts on ebay for example are from the parts farm. There is another one in SC I think but forget the name
Huh, alright. I'll try them if none of my other options work. Thank you!
Sponsored

Mike Pfeifer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red Mustang GT A10
I have seen plenty of sets of sun visors on ebay for $50 or $75 (if it has the garage door opener built in to the left side.)

OP
OP
CodyP2000

CodyP2000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cody
Vehicle(s)
I have seen plenty of sets of sun visors on ebay for $50 or $75 (if it has the garage door opener built in to the left side.)
It does have the garage door opener built in. Dealer cost is upwards of $400 alone.

Nightmonkey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jens
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt
You can buy a cheap passanger side and use the little cover from there for the driver side with Homelink.
This cover is the same on both sides.

Sponsored

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
What are the chances you will need to remove that piece of trim in the future?

With that in mind, 2-sided tape, thin, super glue just a couple of drops.

OP
OP
CodyP2000

CodyP2000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cody
Vehicle(s)
You can buy a cheap passanger side and use the little cover from there for the driver side with Homelink.
This cover is the same on both sides.
Correct. While pulling off the cover I noticed the plastic has been broken, although the visor still works perfectly fine.

What are the chances you will need to remove that piece of trim in the future?

With that in mind, 2-sided tape, thin, super glue just a couple of drops.
Just in case I need to remove it again for any reason, I'd like it to be simple to remove without adhseive. I have starlights in my headliner installed by the previous owner.

Last edited:

Irishpride86

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
I talked to the Ford dealer and they did some research. Apparently in 18-19 they redesigned the sun visor, along with the clips. So I essentially am looking for an obsoleted part.

I'm definitely going to try those eBay listings I found earlier. Otherwise if I want to correct that issue, it'll be two new sun visors and hardware, costing around $500.

I have a 2015 gt mustang myself and I'm not having much luck finding these clips? What did you end up doing, any suggestions? I am in need of 1 of these clip covers

Thanks!

OP
OP
CodyP2000

CodyP2000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cody
Vehicle(s)
I have a 2015 gt mustang myself and I'm not having much luck finding these clips? What did you end up doing, any suggestions? I am in need of 1 of these clip covers

Thanks!
I ended up ordering some on eBay, but I'm still waiting on them to get to my house. This site claims to stock these specific caps, you can give that a try too.

Ford updated the sun visor design in 2018-2019, and has obsoleted the old design seen on our 15 Mustang. The other solution is to purchase the entire sun visor.

Irishpride86

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
I ended up ordering some on eBay, but I'm still waiting on them to get to my house. This site claims to stock these specific caps, you can give that a try too.

Ford updated the sun visor design in 2018-2019, and has obsoleted the old design seen on our 15 Mustang. The other solution is to purchase the entire sun visor.
From my research and looking at different years, it appears only the 15,16 are the same and they changed it in 2017.

I bought 1 from that website, it's a different part number then what's on the 2015 cover, however maybe the 2016 is a different part number. Anyway I guess we shall see if it fits when I get it.

Also if you order the whole part from. Ford, I still wonder if it's the same, or the modified version.

Sponsored
OP
OP
CodyP2000

CodyP2000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cody
Vehicle(s)
From my research and looking at different years, it appears only the 15,16 are the same and they changed it in 2017.

I bought 1 from that website, it's a different part number then what's on the 2015 cover, however maybe the 2016 is a different part number. Anyway I guess we shall see if it fits when I get it.

Also if you order the whole part from. Ford, I still wonder if it's the same, or the modified version.
i believe it will be the updated version across the S550 generation. I won't know truly untilI receive the parts I ordered.

Irishpride86

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
i believe it will be the updated version across the S550 generation. I won't know truly untilI receive the parts I ordered.

You believe its the correct part or updated incorrect part from fordpartsgiant.com ?

I ordered 1, hope it fits.

OP
OP
CodyP2000

CodyP2000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cody
Vehicle(s)
You believe its the correct part or updated incorrect part from fordpartsgiant.com ?

I ordered 1, hope it fits.
It's hard to answer that because the obsoleted part and updated part share the same part numbers, to my knowledge.

Irishpride86

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
Just got an email from that website, they don't carry the parts, they order from Ford parts directly, so that tells me im going to get the wrong part as its discontinued, wish they would update the part image on there website.
Sponsored