Sponsored

Summit Main advanced group video

Jkayles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 black track pack
[ame]

2 hour open track at the end of the day. I'm rolling out at the start of the vid. Tranny and oil temps were low all day. Rear diff temp was in the red after a 30 min session tho.
Sponsored

BurnCycle

I drank what?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
Nice!!! :hail:

I think I'm shooting for a June track day on Main but on 2 wheels.

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP

2 hour open track at the end of the day. I'm rolling out at the start of the vid. Tranny and oil temps were low all day. Rear diff temp was in the red after a 30 min session tho.
After 30min session at the end of the day or on all sessions? I ran at Barber, 5 sessions the high was 68F and I had no issues with any temps.

Interesting!

OP
OP

Jkayles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 30min session at the end of the day or on all sessions? I ran at Barber, 5 sessions the high was 68F and I had no issues with any temps.

Interesting!
Every session the rear axel temp was creeping in the red which I think is around 300 deg. I'm considering letting my dealer take a look at it if no one else is having issues. I didn't get any warning lights or a limp mode.

OP
OP

Jkayles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nice!!! :hail:

I think I'm shooting for a June track day on Main but on 2 wheels.
Awesome man. Which club are you in? I was with Nesba for over 5 years as a control rider.

Sponsored

BurnCycle

I drank what?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
Awesome man. Which club are you in? I was with Nesba for over 5 years as a control rider.
I was with TPM up until 2007 when I had to rethink how money was being spent... Or so my wife tells me. I was good for mid '23's on an old TL1000R back then.

I ran a MARRC day last year on my 1199 and OMG... It was so nice to be back out on the track. That was my first time back since 2007 too. I placed myself back in beginner for that. :lol:

OP
OP

Jkayles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I was with TPM up until 2007 when I had to rethink how money was being spent... Or so my wife tells me. I was good for mid '23's on an old TL1000R back then.

I ran a MARRC day last year on my 1199 and OMG... It was so nice to be back out on the track. That was my first time back since 2007 too. I placed myself back in beginner for that. :lol:
I knew a couple of guys from tpm. Good group! I see you have a love for the twins. That new panigale is bad ass! If you can swing it, get your car out on the track. With your prior track experience, you'll have a jump on the other guys. My transition to 4 wheels has been fairly smooth. Unfortunately, now I'm hooked!:doh:

blueboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Good to see actual track footage (might be others sorry if I missed it).

Is that 'your' track or newbie there?

Factory tires or track tire?

tdzee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
85 Corvette, 04 Corvette Z16, 08 350Z NISMO, 15 CTS-V Coupe, 17 GT350R
:eyebulge:

That was awesome !! Thanks for posting it. Cant wait to track mine. ETA in about 3 weeks.

Same questions as others:

Stock or track tires?
Can you elaborate a bit more on the diff temp issue? Am surprised that a track pack in modest temps wound have that problem.

Thanks again. Keep trackin' baby :cheers::headbang:

Donkey

Large member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Every session the rear axel temp was creeping in the red which I think is around 300 deg. I'm considering letting my dealer take a look at it if no one else is having issues. I didn't get any warning lights or a limp mode.

Could be a pump issue back there or even a gear lash issue etc. I'd take it in and have them check it and possibly change the fluid in the process. I know some mags have reported seeing the oil temps climb a bit high (R&T had the issue at ncm) and I read it elsewhere recently, but this is the first of diff temps.

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP

Jkayles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Good to see actual track footage (might be others sorry if I missed it).

Is that 'your' track or newbie there?

Factory tires or track tire?
Thanks man. It's my second day with the car there. But I've lapped it on a bike quite a bit.
I was running the stock super sports. For a street tire, they were great. Very predictable and heated up in one lap. However, like any street compound, they would get greasy after a few laps if you are pushing. I'd be curious to see how they would do with some camber. The insides of my tires aren't even touching the road. mmm635 is putting some Hoosier R7s on. Can't wait to hear how they worked.

OP
OP

Jkayles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
:eyebulge:

That was awesome !! Thanks for posting it. Cant wait to track mine. ETA in about 3 weeks.

Same questions as others:

Stock or track tires?
Can you elaborate a bit more on the diff temp issue? Am surprised that a track pack in modest temps wound have that problem.

Thanks again. Keep trackin' baby :cheers::headbang:
Cheers man. Yep, stock tires.
The rear axle/differential would keep creeping up through the session. I kept the gauge open on my dash board because I noticed it was high. At 300 the gauge turns red and it was in there after about 25 min. I'm going to take it to the dealer and have them go over it.
The car has just over 1000 miles. I changed the oil at 550 and took it to the track. The brakes are great. No fade at all and I'm hard on them. I might get one more day out of them. Ordered a new set from tasca. 200 bucks. Not bad.