Suite case res. Del BIG MISTAKE????

Bamastangbham

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeffery
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang BULLITT
Well guys I removed the resonator and went with h pipe. I really do not like the sound compared to stock its alot rasper throaty louder sounds like bumbling bee. I highly would not recommend removing the stock setup. I still am curious how lth will make it sound but just taking the resonator out exhaust does not make it sound any better in my opinion. I am curious when I get back joints welded up instead of clamps if this will help the kinda of rattling sound does not sound nothing like a Fox body sounded like with h pipe b ack I n the day
Sponsored

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Thank you for confirming what I was afraid of: That the stock sound of our Bullitts is hard to top in stock form. My car sounds incredible, and I don't want it any louder (it's actually borderline loud), especially in sport, which is the best sounding mode IMO. Track sounds even louder, but it becomes a bit raspy for me, so I don't use it at all.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Do you have the stock active exhaust? Double check for leaks, that can cause it to sound like shit. H Pipe brand also matters, there was a post on here where someone cut their apart and instead of a true crossover someone just punched a hole that was way too small in both sides of the pipe, so it sounded like trash.

It's never gonna sound like a Fox Body though, the Coyote is naturally raspy because of the cam timing and firing order.

Paris MkVI

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium convertible, 2015 Escape 2.0 Titanium
Vehicle Showcase
It's never gonna sound like a Fox Body though, the Coyote is naturally raspy because of the cam timing and firing order.
Unless you have the stock GT, then it quietly purrs and growls like a cat. Not too loud, not too quiet. Just right.

Arknsawchuck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
I have the Roush H pipe with active exhaust and mine sounds great. Compared to my sons X pipe setup mine is not raspy at all. I'd certainly check for leaks or something loose as mentioned. Mine is all clamps and has no rattles. Not sure about all H pipes but the Roush does have a left and right side and if not put on as such it won't fit properly which would cause sound issues.

Sponsored

Louk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lou
Vehicle(s)
F90 M5, 2022 TRX
Thats pretty much opposite to what everyone else has said about doing a res delete. I attached my two videos one with h pipe and one stock. I have never heard any rattles but mine has been welded in since day one. At the end of the day its what your ears prefer. Sorry to hear your not enjoying the mod, reattaching should be a simple fix.

DonnieO

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donnie
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt cs
Looks like the little one approves!

Louk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lou
Vehicle(s)
F90 M5, 2022 TRX
definitely! both of them love the sound and to take rides. I let my boy give my bikes throttle a little twist and before i knew it he was bouncing off the rev limiter.. i think im going to have my hands full when he starts driving!!

Usmc341

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullit
Exhaust sound is very subjective, But I've owned over 20 performance cars including Hellcats and GT500s, and this is the best stock exhaust note by far. Ford really nailed it. I'm a little surprised at the sound you're getting. From my experience, an H pipe is less raspy than an X pipe. This comes from experimenting with a lots of exhausts over the years. Nothing worse than rasp to ruin a good exhaust note. Put the suitcase back on and enjoy.

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I actually like the stock sound better. Haven't heard ANY system that sounds better than stock. Don't understand why people want the car even louder; it's almost obnoxious already, especially in track mode. But to each his own, I guess.

Sponsored

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I actually like the stock sound better. Haven't heard ANY system that sounds better than stock. Don't understand why people want the car even louder; it's almost obnoxious already, especially in track mode. But to each his own, I guess.
One thing I've learned listening to exhaust videos on youtube, they pretty much don't capture the real sound at all. As someone without active exhaust I think it sounds great, but it's just too quiet for me. I can't even hear the exhaust with the windows down above 40 ish unless I'm flooring it, the wind noise overpowers it.

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I was talking about active exhaust, obviously :D. In quiet mode, it sounds good, but it's too quiet for such a great sounding engine. On any other mode, you can hear the engine all the time, at any speed. In fact, normal mode is a huge jump from quiet, and a very small one to sport and then to track. Wish normal was in-between quiet and sport; it'd had been perfect like that. Oh well. Sport is the best sounding mode, but a little on the loud side IMO, especially with aggressive downshifts, like I'm always doing :D. I still use it there most of the time, but when traveling, it goes into quiet mode (especially with the wife)... until I hit some twisties :).

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
I've held off on commenting on the res delete posts but I've tried it on my previous 2016 GT and agree with the OP ... the stock res is a more refined tone.

I've tried it twice on the GT with different axle-backs and each time the h-pipe came back off. It's just too unrefined (hard to explain but more unpleasant with h-pipe).

Wasn't going to make the same mistake on the Bullitt which Ford NAILED stock!

Coosawjack

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Convertible
I had the Steeda H-Pipe on for a couple days........

My car sounded like a Tractor at low speeds but OK on acceleration...each mode was a good bit louder....removed and replaced the stock resonator..............NICE & MELLOW.....just right for me!!:like:

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0
Love my Steeda H/Factory Active.
Sponsored