Sponsored

Suddenly cant reach full timing - Can anyone check these logs?

OP
OP
ahl395

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
If you say octane booster helped, but your planning on ignoring the knock, I hope this doesn't turn into a compression check/ leak down results thread.
Not at all. Seeing as the octane booster helped im going to try upping the methanol to see if I can make up for the crap winter gas.

I think the occasional stuck at 15 degrees though is false. So if I adjust the meth and get most pulls on a solid 20 deg and a get 15 pull mixed in there I'll be pretty confident its false. Then I can try to track it down again or have Lund lower sensitivity.
Sponsored

sigintel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
If you say octane booster helped, but your planning on ignoring the knock, I hope this doesn't turn into a compression check/ leak down results thread.
This.
Try to avoid unnecessary block swaps. Pushed my wounded motor thinkn, yea time for short block swap soon... then made a mess that required long block. Lol.
If the knock is real, the ECU is saving your motor right now.

OP
OP
ahl395

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
No doubt guys. Im not changing anything with the knock sensors right now.

Tomorrow or this weekend I'm going to be upping my meth nozzle sizing and wrapping my intake pipe to try and eliminate any false knock.

Only after I get several perfect logs, if I'm still having intermittent knock issues, then I will ask for them to be desensitized a little.

OP
OP
ahl395

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
Installed my larger nozzle today and heat wrapped my main intake pipe.

I forgot to take a pic but I found alot of scratch marks, some pretty deep, right where that pipe goes by the A/C line. No doubt that has been making contact and probably causing false knock. Couldn't bend the pipe much farther out of the way but with the soft wrap around the pipe at least it wont be metal/metal contact anymore if it does touch. Also trimmed my front grille around my BOV in case that could be hitting when the motor torques.

We'll see once I take it for a nice drive!

IMG-20190324-163344.jpg

IMG-20190324-172520.jpg

IMG-20190324-172507.jpg

IMG-20190324-172545.jpg

OP
OP
ahl395

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
Figured I would update this thread. Problem resolved!

Bigger meth nozzle, heat wrapped pipe (to stop false knock from AC line), and also fixed some false knock near the trans/motor mounting plate.

Did a log with 2 pulls back to back and got 20.5* timing all the way up to 8k (15 psi).
First pull was a little slower to add timing but I think that just comes down to the remaining false knock I can't find. It still peaked at 20.5 at 8k though.

Attached said log in case anyone has any more input. @markmurfie

Attachments

Sponsored

markmurfie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT
I don't know much about the alky control meth injection controller that you have and how you control when it comes on. I would say you need to have it come on sooner(lower pressure if its using a pressure switch), theres a time delay to fill the lines the nozzel to spray and the mix to make its way into the combustion, then to be picked up by the O2's.

The first part of the pull your STFT are excellent. Basically the water/meth hasnt made it to combustion chamber yet. This is where you get the knock and its not adding as fast as you would like. Once you see your STFT go a little rich(8.5s mark) you know the water meth is making it to combustion and doing its job, and your knock goes away. Saftot becomes a nice smooth line during the pull.

I would say its much better, but you are not in a safe zone just yet. You can fix it by making your water meth controller come in a little quicker. Kinda why most tuners shy away from tuning water/meth, its out of their control.
Water-meth vs knock.PNG

Last edited:
OP
OP
ahl395

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
I don't know much about the alky control meth injection controller that you have and how you control when it comes on. I would say you need to have it come on sooner(lower pressure if its using a pressure switch), theres a time delay to fill the lines the nozzel to spray and the mix to make its way into the combustion, then to be picked up by the O2's.

The first part of the pull your STFT are excellent. Basically the water/meth hasnt made it to combustion chamber yet. This is where you get the knock and its not adding as fast as you would like. Once you see your STFT go a little rich(8.5s mark) you know the water meth is making it to combustion and doing its job, and your knock goes away. Saftot becomes a nice smooth line during the pull.

I would say its much better, but you are not in a safe zone just yet. You can fix it by making your water meth controller come in a little quicker. Kinda why most tuners shy away from tuning water/meth, its out of their control.
Water-meth vs knock.PNG
Thank you! I believe it comes on around 4psi right now I will adjust it down further.

I have had issues in the past with misfiring from injecting too much meth under in-boost part-throttle situations which is why its where it is. I will see if I can find a sweet spot in between though and post back when I get the chance to log. Lund was apprehensive to remove fuel so I'm not sure if they will take any more out.

Appreciate you checking it out, I only know how to see timing/knock looking at them through excel lol.

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
I’m spraying 20 GPH before throttle body 50/50 with 93 and 10 oz boostane. PBD (Rob) Cal I see 0 knock the entire street pull in 4th and I see 22 spark till 8k. It’s got dam rocket

OP
OP
ahl395

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
I’m spraying 20 GPH before throttle body 50/50 with 93 and 10 oz boostane. PBD (Rob) Cal I see 0 knock the entire street pull in 4th and I see 22 spark till 8k. It’s got dam rocket
Meth injection is some serious shit! How much boost?

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple

Sponsored
OP
OP
ahl395

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
I see 15 psi at 8k with my current setup.
Almost identical stats to me with a different blower. Excited to see your results as I'm shooting for 800whp myself. I may ask Lund to up my spark to 22 as I'm pretty sure there's room for it with the meth being sprayed, just limited by the tune.

Martin5.0sc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ainsley
Vehicle(s)
2016 Whippled Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I see 15 psi at 8k with my current setup.
What size pulley, I’m on a 3.375 whipple pulley spraying straight Vp M1 meth seeing 21 mid range 22 upper end, also tuned by rob
Sponsored