petstang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT350 TP Magnetic w OTT Black Stripes
Hi,
Was yesterday at New Jersey Motorsportspark running with tt4c. Ran fine for thee sessions and then suddenly lost power in the middle of the fourth session, "check engine" light flashing I slowed down emmidiately and came in. We checked the error codes and p0206 & p0208 injector cicuit, cylinder 8, p0300 random/multple cylinder misfire detected & p0308 cylinder 8 misfire detected, came up. Car was towed to nearest Ford dealer but no certified technician on Saturday. Hopefully nothing major and easy to repair ? Nice track day with three other GT350's amongst the + 30 cars ended too soon and with some dissapointment.
Anyone here similar experience with these error codes ?
Thanks for any advise
Peter
Sponsored

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
Here's what the 2016 Helm has to say about the description and possible causes for your DTCs.... Good Luck Peter :cheers:

P0206 - Cylinder 6 Injector Circuit/Open
Description: The comprehensive component monitor (CCM) monitors the operation of the fuel injector drivers in the PCM. This DTC sets when the fuel injector circuitry is inoperative.
Possible Causes: VPWR circuit open (if equipped)
INJ6 circuit open
INJ6 circuit short to ground (direct injection vehicles)
INJ6 circuit short to voltage (direct injection vehicles)
INJ6RTN circuit open (if equipped)
INJ6RTN circuit short to ground (if equipped)
INJ6RTN circuit short to voltage (if equipped)
Damaged fuel injector 6
Damaged PCM

P0208 - Cylinder 8 Injector Circuit/Open
Description: The comprehensive component monitor (CCM) monitors the operation of the fuel injector drivers in the PCM. This DTC sets when the fuel injector circuitry is inoperative.
Possible Causes: VPWR circuit open
INJ8 circuit open
Damaged fuel injector 8
Damaged PCM

P0300 - Random Misfire Detected
Description: This DTC sets when the misfire detection monitor detects an engine misfire in multiple cylinders or the PCM cannot identify which cylinder is misfiring.
Possible Causes: Damaged camshaft position (CMP) sensor
Low fuel (less than 1/8 tank)
Stuck open exhaust gas recirculation (EGR) valve
Restricted EGR passages
Misfire monitor neutral profile correction has not been relearned since the last mechanical repair

P0308 - Cylinder 8 Misfire Detected
Description: This DTC sets when the misfire detection monitor detects an engine misfire in cylinder 8.
Possible Causes: Ignition system
Fuel injector 8
Running out of fuel
EVAP purge valve
Fuel pressure
Evaporative emission system
Exhaust gas recirculation (EGR) system
Base engine
Misfire monitor neutral profile correction has not been relearned since the last mechanical repair

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
Hi,
Was yesterday at New Jersey Motorsportspark running with tt4c. Ran fine for thee sessions and then suddenly lost power in the middle of the fourth session, "check engine" light flashing I slowed down emmidiately and came in. We checked the error codes and p0206 & p0208 injector cicuit, cylinder 8, p0300 random/multple cylinder misfire detected & p0308 cylinder 8 misfire detected, came up. Car was towed to nearest Ford dealer but no certified technician on Saturday. Hopefully nothing major and easy to repair ? Nice track day with three other GT350's amongst the + 30 cars ended too soon and with some dissapointment.
Anyone here similar experience with these error codes ?
Thanks for any advise
Peter
Ah I saw you pulling of early I was wondering why. Hopefully its a simple fix.

BlkGT3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
13 GT86 Autox, 16 GT350 TP, 06 Civic Si TTD car
How was your fuel level. Always look at the easy stuff 1st.

Peter

Sponsored

Trackaholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 350Z, 2016 GT350, 2018 Pacifica Hybrid
My first thought would be low fuel causing an air pocket in the fuel line.

Thinking that mostly because it happened on multiple cylinders at essentially the same time and because it occurred during the 4th session (so if fuel wasn't added, it was probably getting low at that point in the day).

Hopefully it is something simple like that.

-T

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
basically your engine is toast

OP
OP
petstang

petstang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the reactions...got a first update this morning from the service department.
They found the pb, something wrong (broken pin connector ?) with the wiring harness of the injection system ? Will try to find out exactly as I pick up the car today. Basically they are waiting for the replacement piece and that should fix the issue...I truly hope it's that simple. Ruined half of my track day but glad it's nothing major. BTW, my fuel level was above 3/4..I started with a full tank in the morning. On track days I don't want to be that guy that caused a full session stop for all other participants due to fuel starvation...

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
Thanks for the reactions...got a first update this morning from the service department.
They found the pb, something wrong (broken pin connector ?) with the wiring harness of the injection system ? Will try to find out exactly as I pick up the car today. Basically they are waiting for the replacement piece and that should fix the issue...I truly hope it's that simple. Ruined half of my track day but glad it's nothing major. BTW, my fuel level was above 3/4..I started with a full tank in the morning. On track days I don't want to be that guy that caused a full session stop for all other participants due to fuel starvation...
Ah that is great to hear! I dont know if you were signed up for Sunday but they moved that to 11/11 tentatively on lighting.

OP
OP
petstang

petstang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
Ah that is great to hear! I dont know if you were signed up for Sunday but they moved that to 11/11 tentatively on lighting.
Thanks, I did not sign up for the full weekend but now that date has been rescheduled, I might sign up. Was really fun and great to see 3 GT350's on the track ! BTW your car looks great and saw you were defending the GT350 colors very successful...man you are fast ! And there were some pretty fast cars there on Saturday. Look forward to see you again.

Just got a call again from the dealer, car is ready to pick up.

Sponsored
OP
OP
petstang

petstang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
Got the car back this afternoon. All is back to normal. Reason for the misfire of cylinder 8 was a broken injector connector pin. Don't need a lot to ruin ones track day...but happy it's resolved.

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
That's awesome news. Love it when it's just a simple fix.

TDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2019 Challenger Scat Pack Widebody, 2019 Corvette Grand Sport
Glad to hear it was so simple. :cheers:

OP
OP
petstang

petstang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
Great to know!

Do you have any photos of what it looked like? Is it something you can see from outside the engine easily?

-T
Yes, you can see it from the outside, at least the connector. Wire inside must have been loose or something ? I'll take a picture and post it. The work document says "broken pin...no new pin available...installed new connector" you can clearly see that they installed a connector (black) which is different than the others (white with red push/pull type of knob). It was the 8th cylinder, last one on the right bank, driver's side.
Sponsored