Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 5.0 ORANGUSTANG
Vehicle Showcase
not heard of them -

but, when I was looking for faded stripes (and eventually got the Ford faded stripe parts) - I talked to about 10 different vehicle sign writers / graphics / wrapper companies- their quotes were pretty high (but nowhere near as expensive as Ford!)

I found the issue was - when I asked to see what "faded stripes" might look like - not one of them would actually show me - until I paid them upfront first

I guess that is understandable from their perspective - they need to cover their costs

but

from my perspective I was about to pay a considerable amount of money for something "unseen"

I looked at the Stripemaster website - they look professional ...

have they shown you what "faded stripes" from them look like? - worth asking first IMHO

hope it is successful

Cheers

Bob

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Agree with Bob - ask them how they will achieve the faded look. The Ford stripes are a series of small dots if you look up close, so I would hope that whatever these guys are planning to print on the vinyl would be similar to that? They must be able to give you some idea.

Personally I think the Ford faded stripes are nice, worth the money IMO for an oem part. Even if it is expensive for what it is

djone101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
None
Vehicle(s)
None
We had some faded stripes done for a customer a while back. As it's printed onto a clear substrate they couldn't print all the small dots - it would have been a major project, so they printed it as a gradient fade - the difficulty is knowing at what rate to graduate it from clear to full colour, how opaque the print ink was and where that sits on the car. It worked out very well, it was a dark grey stripe on a silver car so you had plenty of contrast. I'm not sure how well that approach would work on other colours
IMG_6523.JPG

W111BOB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
to be fair - that looks pretty good to me!

Bob

We had some faded stripes done for a customer a while back. As it's printed onto a clear substrate they couldn't print all the small dots - it would have been a major project, so they printed it as a gradient fade - the difficulty is knowing at what rate to graduate it from clear to full colour, how opaque the print ink was and where that sits on the car. It worked out very well, it was a dark grey stripe on a silver car so you had plenty of contrast. I'm not sure how well that approach would work on other colours
IMG_6523.JPG

Sponsored

Pilgrim/uk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
GT Yellow
far better than the ford faded with dots they drove me mad lol seeing the dots all the time looked ok from a distance

W111BOB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
hey Brad! :giggle:

does mine drive you mad too! :giggle:

Pilgrim/uk

Threads