• Watchers 27

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
Because it doesn't matter who's right. It only matters who's got the better lawyer.
So because this track is only open 6 hours on Saturday, where do you think people race?... I know and so do you.
Sponsored

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Tempo, Ford Mustang,FFR,Crown vic.
Because it doesn't matter who's right. It only matters who's got the better lawyer.
Nah, the new homes they'll put up bring in more tax dolars than a drag strip.
Property tax, income tax if collected in that state, sales taxes from everything home owners will buy. etc.
If the track made the local tax till more money, it win over the dopes that bought a home and now complaining about traffic, noise,etc.
It comes down to money, nothing more.

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Tempo, Ford Mustang,FFR,Crown vic.
So because this track is only open 6 hours on Saturday, where do you think people race?... I know and so do you.
yup. Any straightish roadway Around the world.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - Race Red

Sponsored

Orange devil

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro,toyoda

OGsmakDadE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daryl
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber blue GT, 1999 Honda Prelude
My grandfather (whom I never had the chance to meet) was walking home from work when he stopped to help a stranded motorist change a flat tire. While kneeling down beside the car and changing the tire, he was struck and killed by the driver of a passing car. The driver who hit him just so happened to be street racing and lost control of his car. My grandmother became a widow with six children, the youngest was 2 years old, the oldest (my father) was 19. I could write stories for days on how this incident impacted the various members of my family, but I’ll spare you the details.

RIBS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Ruby Red
Pumping money into an existing track isn’t the issue…. The issue is large corporations approaching the land/site owner and enticing them with a big $$$$ offer to push them into selling, period.

That’s exactly what happened to Englishtown Drag strip (Raceway Park) and now is happening with Atco Raceway…. Freaking Auto Auction Company came swinging their nuts and offered the land/site owners $$$$. Englishtown bit the bait and closed the drag strip for good in 2017, it was destroyed and turned into a huge parking lot for holding auction vehicles. Atco is on the verge of closing, as they too have been approached by the same Auto Auction Entity and may suffer the same fate. The town of Atco and folks on Yellow Bullet have been trying to sway the site owner NOT to sell to the Auto Auction Corp… or at least sell it to someone who will keep it as it should be, a Drag Strip.

Englishtown was around since 1965; Atco has been operational since 1960. BOTH tracks were also NHRA tracks, big money tracks with huge venues, tons of sponsors and lots of nationwide coverage - with plenty of sell out crowds as well. BOTH tracks were the tracks of the original Mustang 5.0 Movement in the 80’s-90’s, as well as the sites of the huge Buick vs Mustang hey days. Do you think having that history and clout stopped the demise of Englishtown? NO. Tell me why the NHRA didn’t step in and just buy the track…. They have the $$$$ to do it. Atco could suffer the same fate.

The other issue besides the Large Nut Swinger Corps moving in is the “city folk”. Yes, true and no BS. These tracks sit on massive amounts of acreage in the middle of the woods…. As the years progressed, so did population. You have the City Slickers come out to the bumf**k country and then start complaining because they can hear “noise”…. FUNNY HOW THAT WORKS EH? City folk complaining about NOISE… LMFAO. These same people tried for YEARS to shut Englishtown Drag strip…. The developer who built homes near Englishtown and even the Realtors selling the homes made every potential buyer well aware there was a venue nearby AND that during peak times, that venue brought in crowds and noise…. So those folks who bought those homes STILL complained about the “noise”…. In the end, it wasn’t the City Slickers who got Englishtown Drag strip closed, it was the Auto Auction Corp who waved their swinging cash nuts…

So if you want to support your tracks, do it, and keep going to it and get the word out. If you see threads about street racing, mention where the tracks are, point them out and get these street racers off public roads and into a safer environment. If your track is being threatened with closure, use social media outlets, start an online petition and /or contact your town Govt. and put up a fight to keep it.

Hit this thread and post YOUR track to spread the word to support it:
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/does-your-state-still-have-an-active-1-4-mile-strip.155303/
FYI, the NHRA owns the Atlanta track, but they are selling it. The quotes I read I so they can have cash to upgrade their LEASED TRACKS! Who sells something they own to improve land someone else owners?? Thats insanity.

On the subject of street racing, it needs to stop. Period. However, there needs to be plentiful legal venues to race for those interested….

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
On the subject of street racing, it needs to stop. Period.
Good luck, people have been racing ever since the first human climbed on a horse.......

Sponsored

tdstuart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Triston
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
Damn.... just bought my horse the Micky Thompson ET Horse Radials.....

On a serious note I feel like there is a time and a place for street racing. There is always dangers but I think you can minimize impact on others significantly.

You shouldn't be street racing on normal roads (city roads). Especially nothing over 60. A quick launch at a light next to another car is fun. No need to go much further.

People shouldn't be weaving in-between cars. The amount of videos of people swerving in between cars, and the amount of praise they get, are insane. It's not a flex that you can swerve in front of a minivan with a family of 5.

I think the racing on empty highways is fine. If you crash, you die / get injured.

MD18EcoStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Ecoboost
Or first world counties could just copy Germany and have unrestricted limits and active limits....especially N.America with the emmense distances.

Cars have advanced so much but the old limits from half a century ago still exist.
I'll give you that on the wide open highways, but many areas are far too congested, and common sense often seems to be lacking.

What's been done to improve the drivers? I see people every day who don't seem to realize they'll never be able to stop the vehicle they're driving, should something go wrong in front of them.

Hadelson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hugo
Vehicle(s)
19 Roush RS3 P2, 6 speed; Lots of suspension work
Once saw a car wedged between fork in large tree along side of the autobahn.......Just as we rolled past, door open and two people fell out. Car was fairly mangled and not pretty. Had just picked up wife for tour in Germany. She lost it and swore was never going to drive there. Six month latter and she was zooming the autobahns.......without a second thought running 100+MPH

Shadow277

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 2012 Corolla
Pumping money into an existing track isn’t the issue…. The issue is large corporations approaching the land/site owner and enticing them with a big $$$$ offer to push them into selling, period.

That’s exactly what happened to Englishtown Drag strip (Raceway Park) and now is happening with Atco Raceway…. Freaking Auto Auction Company came swinging their nuts and offered the land/site owners $$$$. Englishtown bit the bait and closed the drag strip for good in 2017, it was destroyed and turned into a huge parking lot for holding auction vehicles. Atco is on the verge of closing, as they too have been approached by the same Auto Auction Entity and may suffer the same fate. The town of Atco and folks on Yellow Bullet have been trying to sway the site owner NOT to sell to the Auto Auction Corp… or at least sell it to someone who will keep it as it should be, a Drag Strip.

Englishtown was around since 1965; Atco has been operational since 1960. BOTH tracks were also NHRA tracks, big money tracks with huge venues, tons of sponsors and lots of nationwide coverage - with plenty of sell out crowds as well. BOTH tracks were the tracks of the original Mustang 5.0 Movement in the 80’s-90’s, as well as the sites of the huge Buick vs Mustang hey days. Do you think having that history and clout stopped the demise of Englishtown? NO. Tell me why the NHRA didn’t step in and just buy the track…. They have the $$$$ to do it. Atco could suffer the same fate.

The other issue besides the Large Nut Swinger Corps moving in is the “city folk”. Yes, true and no BS. These tracks sit on massive amounts of acreage in the middle of the woods…. As the years progressed, so did population. You have the City Slickers come out to the bumf**k country and then start complaining because they can hear “noise”…. FUNNY HOW THAT WORKS EH? City folk complaining about NOISE… LMFAO. These same people tried for YEARS to shut Englishtown Drag strip…. The developer who built homes near Englishtown and even the Realtors selling the homes made every potential buyer well aware there was a venue nearby AND that during peak times, that venue brought in crowds and noise…. So those folks who bought those homes STILL complained about the “noise”…. In the end, it wasn’t the City Slickers who got Englishtown Drag strip closed, it was the Auto Auction Corp who waved their swinging cash nuts…

So if you want to support your tracks, do it, and keep going to it and get the word out. If you see threads about street racing, mention where the tracks are, point them out and get these street racers off public roads and into a safer environment. If your track is being threatened with closure, use social media outlets, start an online petition and /or contact your town Govt. and put up a fight to keep it.

Hit this thread and post YOUR track to spread the word to support it:
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/does-your-state-still-have-an-active-1-4-mile-strip.155303/
I am a city slicker. I even love hearing those 3am Civics. One motorsports park in Phoenix is next to an Airbase and the park MUST watch decibles to not upset airmen.

What in the actual fuck? Because Jets are quieter than a mouse farting in a library?
Sponsored