Sponsored

Stock injectors good enough?

Fivepointo2k18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
I have heard gen 3s run low boost even on stock injectors and are fine. I am going stage 2 comp cams, along with ported CJ real soon on my 18GT and was wondering if at least 47lb injectors would be worth getting or would i just be wasting money as they would not be needed at all. I will be running e85 and am currently tuned on it with full exhaust with Lund. They pretty much said it wouldn't hurt but also i would be okay.
Sponsored

BrandonS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Premium A6
Having 2 sets of injectors on the 18+ cars, I would think as long as you're NA you're good to go. Do the mods, log some pulls and confirm your duty cycle on the secondary injectors. If you're at 90% or under, I'd say leave it be. If you find that the fuel system is maxed out, lu47s are cheap enough for some peace of mind.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Considering you can run E85 just fine on stock injectors, I don't see any reason to switch unless you're going boost.

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
On 18+ dual injection should be good fbo NA. But as stated if logs show fuel is maxed out with the setup can always add the injectors at that point.

OP
OP
Fivepointo2k18

Fivepointo2k18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Appreciate it guys thanks! I know Scott Boda said his were maxed from data logs so he upgraded, but yeah so far everyone else I have talked to that did the same mods were running stock. I'll see what the logs say and go from there then.
Sponsored