Sponsored

Stock and modified 2020 gt500s vs Tesla Plaid

cerbomark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach1 700, 6 Spd.#5558
The plaid weighs 5390 Lbs... probably Good for a straight line only.
Sponsored

cerbomark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
can you imagine someday, after we are all gone, if batteries can be made smaller , lighter, and longer lasting. It will be a long wait but just saying. Not ready for prime time IMO.

4V Mayhem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium M6
Sorry, your special.
"You're".

Sorry you're sore about how fast the Tesla is. Sorry you're stuck on a dying form of energy. The world will move on without you. Enjoy the last few years of gas powered cars.

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Tempo, Ford Mustang,FFR,Crown vic.
You won't be able to when there's no more gas stations. Or maybe the solution will be to just not run your car bone dry. How often do you drive your car until it's completely dry?

Electric cars do have a quick charge option. And soon there will possibly be stations where you can swap out your fully or partially depleted cell for a completely charged cell. The future will bring many advantages. And since there's no going back, gas cars are being deleted, I don't see the point in these petty squabbles. How fast you can refuel is not going to change the direction of things.

And it takes more than 14 second to fill a tank.
No more gas stations, not in our life time.
There isn't enough raw materials on earth for batteries for JUST a USA light dury vehicle fleet, forget the world.
Ev's will be along side fuel powered for decades to come.
unless they outlaw personal ownership of a vehicle.

tnedator

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2017 Q7
I find it hilarious that a granny in a tesla plaid can donkey gap a a youtube superstar GT500 with 20k in mods.
My buddy brought me for a ride in his Plaid a couple weeks ago. I've never felt acceleration like that. Best thing I can compare it to is the electro-magnetic launch rollercoasters that take you from a standstill to 100+ in a couple seconds. What's more, whether it was from a stop, or say when cruising at 50+, when you hit the accelerator the acceleration is instant, and violent.

I'm looking forward to getting my GT500, but I'm also looking forward to getting a hi performance EV SUV in a few years to be my daily driver.

Sponsored

Guard5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rapid Red GT500 CFTP
It won't matter if corn juice is available if it becomes illegal to operate gas vehicles. Or if you can't source it conveniently at a reasonable price. Or when gas vehicles are out of production and your gas powered car is 15 years old. It is foolish to not realize the electric cars are the future or to pretend they aren't. And for the record electric cars will eventually become lighter and will handle better. I haven't seen them on a track but I doubt they're as bad as you're making them out to be. But it's still not like everyone goes to the track anyway. It just seems like a petty way to dig for some fault with them. Ugly, heavy, no soul, boring, these are all just cheap shots. The thing is blazing fast. It beat a GT500 that has 1000+ horsepower to the tires on the GT500's turf. That feat alone says a lot.
GT500’s turf? A drag strip? No. That would be the plaids “turf” where it will basically destroy about everything. GT500’s would rank somewhere in the middle of all performance cars in the 1/4 and are certainly not drag focused. You know what I don’t see? Videos of Teslas at VIR racing GT3’s, 1LE’s, GT350/500’s, or for that matter Camrys. Eventually a Tesla, Lucid or whichever will be designed for track work and I’m sure it will be spectacular but until then these videos are simply and successfully used as troll bait for the gasoline crowd.

2018Creamsicle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Orange Fury GT Premium Vert
My buddy brought me for a ride in his Plaid a couple weeks ago. I've never felt acceleration like that. Best thing I can compare it to is the electro-magnetic launch rollercoasters that take you from a standstill to 100+ in a couple seconds. What's more, whether it was from a stop, or say when cruising at 50+, when you hit the accelerator the acceleration is instant, and violent.

I'm looking forward to getting my GT500, but I'm also looking forward to getting a hi performance EV SUV in a few years to be my daily driver.
Been wanting to test drive a Plaid. I’m kinda afraid too, though, since I’m sure I’ll want one then. At least you can actually get a Plaid and not have to pay an obscene ADM. I recently contacted a dealer about a 21 GT500. They had a 3k ADM advertised. When I contacted them, the ADM went up to 16k. Really f*ckers?

4V Mayhem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500’s turf? A drag strip? No. That would be the plaids “turf” where it will basically destroy about everything. GT500’s would rank somewhere in the middle of all performance cars in the 1/4 and are certainly not drag focused. You know what I don’t see? Videos of Teslas at VIR racing GT3’s, 1LE’s, GT350/500’s, or for that matter Camrys. Eventually a Tesla, Lucid or whichever will be designed for track work and I’m sure it will be spectacular but until then these videos are simply and successfully used as troll bait for the gasoline crowd.
The GT500 is more of a drag car than a track car what with it's weight and all. Maybe the CF version is better suited for the track. But the base is not. Neither of the 2 Shelbys in this video are track cars. But think whatever makes you feel better.

OP
OP
Classic Lover

Classic Lover

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Dodge Challenger T/A 392 6 speed manual.
The GT500 is more of a drag car than a track car what with it's weight and all. Maybe the CF version is better suited for the track. But the base is not. Neither of the 2 Shelbys in this video are track cars. But think whatever makes you feel better.
Um no the gt500 is way more of a track car than a drag car. The best 60ft I have seen on a stock power gt500 is a 1.6 aka not impressive at all. Stock power Redeyes are punching high 1.3 sixty’s and a stock power demon has done even better than that. The gt500 is certainly fast at a drag strip but if you think it’s a drag car you don’t know drag racing.

tdstuart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Triston
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
The plaid weighs 5390 Lbs... probably Good for a straight line only.
Watch the throttle house video on it. Not only is the production model s plaid heavy, it has really shitty breaks. Even with it’s insane acceleration it only did a little better than a mustang gt pp2.

Sponsored

4V Mayhem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Um no the gt500 is way more of a track car than a drag car. The best 60ft I have seen on a stock power gt500 is a 1.6 aka not impressive at all. Stock power Redeyes are punching high 1.3 sixty’s and a stock power demon has done even better than that. The gt500 is certainly fast at a drag strip but if you think it’s a drag car you don’t know drag racing.
Regardless of whatever you want to think it is, just as long as you don't line up next to a Tesla you'll be happy.

cerbomark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Watch the throttle house video on it. Not only is the production model s plaid heavy, it has really shitty breaks. Even with it’s insane acceleration it only did a little better than a mustang gt pp2.
yes, braking is also less than exciting because of the weight.

Guard5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rapid Red GT500 CFTP
Regardless of whatever you want to think it is, just as long as you don't line up next to a Tesla you'll be happy.
Line up where? Drag strip or road course? If I wanted to go drag racing I certainly wouldn’t have bought a Gt500. I would have bought one of the multitudes of production cars that will easily dispatch it. Or if I’m simply a Ford fan I would have spent a little more and bought a Cobra Jet and ran 8’s to my heart’s content. As it is, I paid a comparatively paltry sum for an American car that will show up at track days or cars and cone events and not get embarrassed by exotics costing much more. I could say the same for a 1LE Camaro or a C8 Corvette. As battery technology improves we’ll obviously see the development of an all electric hyper fast production track car but haven’t yet. I’d bet on Porsche or Audi as the developer and it won’t come at a paltry sum. If Tesla ever performs the weight cutting (batteries and otherwise), suspension and braking engineering to build a really good track car good luck finding one for $100k.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP