Stinger GT owner considering Mustang GT - seeking advice

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
buying a mustang to use in the winter, even with snow tires, is not a very good idea. if you want something for winter id get something with all wheel drive and winter/snow tires.
I agree that it isn't a good choice for that explicit purpose, but these cars are really easy to drive in snow with modern snow tires. High centering on deep snow is your only real concern, unless you're going full advance trac off and driving like a tool.
Sponsored

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
How long have you been thinking about ?

OGsmakDadE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daryl
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber blue GT, 1999 Honda Prelude
I put all season tires on my mustang. I drive in the rain and mild snow without issue. A little finesse goes a long way.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
have you spent any considerable time IN a Mustang and driving one? There are a few M6G people in-around Pittsburgh. In the Mustang the back seat is nearly impossible to access and worthless anyway. Big difference from Stinger. I don't expect to see rational pricing before summer 2022.

Sponsored

OP
OP

87and66

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brendan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kia Stinger GT, 2018 Yamaha MT-07
While it's a bad time to buy, it's a great time to sell. Kinda evens out, no? Since your Stinger is pretty new, it's value should be good right now. It would be a different scenario if you were looking to move up from an older lower value car.
Have you driven a Mustang to be sure you will like it better than the Stinger?
Unfortunately, I hot a deer in november 2019 in the Stinger and my value tanked. I have MAYBE $2000 in positive equity right now. It is a lease, which ends in may, so if that equity turns negative, I can turn the car in. I test drove a 2021 California Special and loved it.

How long have you been thinking about ?
at least 6 months. Actually, I wanted a mustang GT before I bought the Stinger. It just wasn't going to work as my only car.

have you spent any considerable time IN a Mustang and driving one? There are a few M6G people in-around Pittsburgh. In the Mustang the back seat is nearly impossible to access and worthless anyway. Big difference from Stinger. I don't expect to see rational pricing before summer 2022.
Not a considerable amount. But I have test driven one as mentioned above. The practicality doesn't matter to me since I will have a second car. And I have no kids and no real need for back seats. I've probably had someone in the back of my stinger less than 10 times since I got the car

OP
OP

87and66

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brendan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kia Stinger GT, 2018 Yamaha MT-07
Personally, I'd wait. S650 is due for the '23 model year and I'd hope we'll start to see prototypes by the end of the year, with the car being shown next Summer for deliveries late in 2022.

At that point, the chip shortage and knock on impacts will hopefully be easing. If you like the look of S650, press ahead with that purchase, if not you might be able to get a good deal on a late '22MY S550.
This is great advice. Probably what I will do.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Yeah, maybe on drag radials, or if you don't realize the throttle isn't an ON/OFF switch :crackup:

However, it is a terrible time for buyers.
Your right. A Mustang makes sooooooooo much more sense than my 4x4 pick up. Or even something with AWD.:crazy:What was I thinking?

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Your right. A Mustang makes sooooooooo much more sense than my 4x4 pick up. Or even something with AWD.:crazy:What was I thinking?
It doesn't have to "make sense", lol. It just has to work, which it does well, contrary to popular belief. Your only real concern is getting high centered in deep snow.

Sponsored

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 (#K2503), 2017 Cayman
My father bought a 1969 Mach1 in '69 in Detroit... put snow tires on during winter. Never had an issue. People didn't need their front or four wheel drives to survive.
Spoiled Gen X'ers and Millennials............................ Thanks Helicopter Parents and Plaintiff Lawyers!

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
It doesn't have to "make sense", lol. It just has to work, which it does well, contrary to popular belief. Your only real concern is getting high centered in deep snow.
Weā€™re going to have to agree to disagree. If you have the means to own more than one vehicle. You donā€™t use a Mustang as your winter car. I know some think it sounds cool to say ā€œI drive My Mustang year aroundā€. But big picture. A rear drive, nose heavy sports cars is about as bad as it gets. Itā€™s your ego talkin. Not your brain if you say otherwise.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
"Not as good" and "terrible" are two very different things.

It's OK to be scared of a little weather. That's why they made nice big trucks so you can feel all cozy and safe :giggle:
Donā€™t hate me cause I can afford both. Youā€™ll get there some day.:giggle:

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
You will not win a linguistical sword fight with Mik.... I would suggest you just Run Away!
You say that until you disagree with a point heā€™s trying to make. Then youā€™ll ride my nuts. But thanks for your advice. Now you run along. And take you pappys mach1 with ya.:clap:
Sponsored