Sponsored

Stiff shifter

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
The shifter in my car feels a little too stiff. The transmission was replaced so I'm going to assume some level of incompetence is to blame. Aside from being maybe 30 percent too stiff it works fine. I would say the stiffness started after the engine was changed. I replaced the fluid but no change.

Any thing to check?
Sponsored

Postal Bob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
Sure it's just not breaking in a new transmission, and the cooler weather? My car's transmission felt stiff at first, especially in cooler weather. I just bought it new Dec, 2020, so all I've had it out in was basically cool days, less than 50 degrees. And the transmission temperature was at best around 90 degrees. The one day about 2 weeks ago when temps hit near 70, it was such a difference in how the transmission felt. Smooth and easy, and the transmission temperature was in the 135-150 range. And now with 800 miles on it so far, the transmission shifts are becoming smoother even in cooler weather.

OP
OP
firestarter2

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
Sure it's just not breaking in a new transmission, and the cooler weather? My car's transmission felt stiff at first, especially in cooler weather. I just bought it new Dec, 2020, so all I've had it out in was basically cool days, less than 50 degrees. And the transmission temperature was at best around 90 degrees. The one day about 2 weeks ago when temps hit near 70, it was such a difference in how the transmission felt. Smooth and easy, and the transmission temperature was in the 135-150 range. And now with 800 miles on it so far, the transmission shifts are becoming smoother even in cooler weather.
Its possible these are relatively cool days.

Postal Bob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
Point of reference. I took the car out today for a few hours of driving around LI back roads. With temp in low 60's, tranmission temperature was up in the 120F-125F range, and shifting was a pleasure.
But when I first started in morning, temp was about 45F. And the shifting was a little stiff until the transmission got up there in temperature.

john350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 shelby gt350
The shifter in my car feels a little too stiff. The transmission was replaced so I'm going to assume some level of incompetence is to blame. Aside from being maybe 30 percent too stiff it works fine. I would say the stiffness started after the engine was changed. I replaced the fluid but no change.

Any thing to check?
Having this problem also but with mine if it’s driven for acouple hours the shifter gets alittle heavy after awhile but it does go through all gears with no noise but when I let my car sit over night and drive it the next morning shifter doesn’t get stiff and feels like it should need help I already changed transmission fluid and it improved shifting really well when it’s cold but my shifter still gets alittle stiff when it’s driven for acouple hours.

Sponsored

john350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 shelby gt350
We’re you able to find out what was wrong ?

john350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 shelby gt350
Stiff after driving a while.
Yeah same man !! It’s frustrating Im going in the dealership to have them bleed my clutch system and see if that does anything let me know if you get some leads
Sponsored