Sponsored

Steering wheel

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
Mine are carbon fiber and came with the steering wheel.
Sponsored

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
No it's not heated. Only one company I know of, keeps the heat function and I don't particularly care for their styling.

I may be in a different situation than you in, I have this car in GA, kept in a garage and typically driven on decent days. My other cars are in Colorado and I haven't actually needed heated steering wheels there either.

Heated/Cooled seats is more important to me. Not saying you shouldn't hold out for a heated one though.

Is this one still heated?

MadDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang PP2 with Triple X-Pipe
No it's not heated. Only one company I know of, keeps the heat function and I don't particularly care for their styling.

I may be in a different situation than you in, I have this car in GA, kept in a garage and typically driven on decent days. My other cars are in Colorado and I haven't actually needed heated steering wheels there either.

Heated/Cooled seats is more important to me. Not saying you shouldn't hold out for a heated one though.
I purchased one from Carbon Bargain yesterday. I ordered it with carbon fiber matte finish, LED display, black alcantara with white stitching, carbon fiber trim pieces and with the heated feature. Even though I'm in SoCal, I didn't want to lose any functionality. I was told it should arrive in about 30 days.

Sponsored

LOL WUT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT
I purchased one from Carbon Bargain yesterday. I ordered it with carbon fiber matte finish, LED display, black alcantara with white stitching, carbon fiber trim pieces and with the heated feature. Even though I'm in SoCal, I didn't want to lose any functionality. I was told it should arrive in about 30 days.
Would love you hear your thoughts on it once it arrives and is in your hands.

MadDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'll report back. Watching and re-watching the install videos. Also writing down a bunch of notes.

V8_MOTOR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 S550 Mustang GT (EURO)
Explore your options. I bought a used stock wheel, installed the race display and got a company here in the UK to add a flat bottom and retrim to the GT350 design. I'm not a huge fan of the aggressive contours but just letting you know there are options out there.

Will be uploading an unboxing video and installation video on my YT channel soon.

IMG_20210221_192056_913.jpg

Veteran

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT white
Explore your options. I bought a used stock wheel, installed the race display and got a company here in the UK to add a flat bottom and retrim to the GT350 design. I'm not a huge fan of the aggressive contours but just letting you know there are options out there.

Will be uploading an unboxing video and installation video on my YT channel soon.

IMG_20210221_192056_913.jpg
Did u use Royal Steering Wheel ?

V8_MOTOR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 S550 Mustang GT (EURO)
Did u use Royal Steering Wheel ?
No sir. They wanted me to post the wheel so they could have a look at it first etc.

I found it difficult to communicate with them as well. I went with a company called Control Customs UK. They looked at what I had and what I wanted and did it.

Sub to my YouTube to see the unboxing video on Friday. I literally opened the box POV on camera lol

Sponsored
OP
OP

kluke15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GTPP
Loving the carbon fiber trim on the steering wheel! Did they come with the steering wheel? Vinyl wrapped?
depends who you are asking. mine are vinyl wrapped there are some that are actually carbon fiber but they are also like $200 and up just for steering wheel trim.

kiksbutt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I would be veeery interested to see how the heating compares to OEM. I heard it's only partial heating where the leather is.

MadDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I would be veeery interested to see how the heating compares to OEM. I heard it's only partial heating where the leather is.
I'll take plenty of pictures and share.

avy15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT Premium
depends who you are asking. mine are vinyl wrapped there are some that are actually carbon fiber but they are also like $200 and up just for steering wheel trim.
Ah, I figured as much, as I haven’t come across that matte look anywhere else besides vinyl wrapping. It looks great having been wrapped! I attempted to wrap the trim myself one day, but I could never seem to get the crevice of the lower trim piece.

OP
OP

kluke15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GTPP
Ah, I figured as much, as I haven’t come across that matte look anywhere else besides vinyl wrapping. It looks great having been wrapped! I attempted to wrap the trim myself one day, but I could never seem to get the crevice of the lower trim piece.
i bought them wrapped but the bottom trim piece has been barely hanging on since i got them so i actually just rewrapped the bottom piece. it was easier than i expected and i ended up using two pieces to get the look i wanted but yeah you couldnt really tell unless you really inspected it.
Sponsored