New Steering Wheel

AlphaQueu

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2019 RR Ecoboost Premium
So after seeing a ton of posts and building a few on some sites I'm finally ready to pull the plug and upgrade the stock steering wheel, just wanted to know what steering wheel you have/want and why did you get it or want it?

Thanks!
Sponsored

jacknifetoaswan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Mustang GT Premium Performance Pack
I have the GT350R wheel, which I really like, but isn't as thick as I'd like. It has great feel all the way around, except for being too thin at the top of the rim, where the stripe is. The steering wheel in my wife's 2017 Mercedes C300 Sport w/ AMG Package feels amazing - same D shape as the GT350/R wheel, but with a thicker rim, and thicker thumb holds. Mine needs to be re-wrapped, as the original owner wasn't careful with the Alcantara, so I'm going to get a custom wrap done with extra padding to make the rim thicker.

JR

Sponsored

OP
OP
AlphaQueu

AlphaQueu

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2019 RR Ecoboost Premium

trojannemo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Yemil
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Convertible

trojannemo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Yemil
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Convertible
how is the fit and finish? any complaints? I looked and that company also has listings for white stitching carbon fiber with alcantara or with leather. Red stitching won't work on my blue car, but I can live with white stitching. And these are ready to go and ship fast from Taiwan apparently. The custom made ones are 2x as much and take 6-8 weeks. If you tell me you're happy with yours I might just go with this one with white stitching.

Sponsored

ctandc72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase
I wanted a more substantial wheel - but I wanted leather. I scored a brand new Redline black leather wrap on the forums here, ordered extra padding and installed that on a stock wheel I found on Ebay cheap. No down time and cheap to boot.

RadRubyRed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue Mustang GT Premium Convertible
The one you linked has a flat top and bottom. The pics on their site on that link you provided has flat bottom but rounded top. Did you have to tell them anything to change the top?
Seller made it custom for another buyer. That buyer went another route so the seller offered it to me instead. I had ordered the round top and flat bottom, but I actually liked the flat top as well, so the seller offered that one to me I wanted it, as the seller already had it made, which shortened my wait time to receive the wheel. The seller will more than likely be able to chat with you if you want a custom looking wheel.

trojannemo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Yemil
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Convertible
Thanks. Will send them a message.

abharwani

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT Premium
Awesome wheel for a great price thank you. Did you do the install yourself? If so how was it?
Installed it with the help of my brother, really wasn't too bad. Here's the instructions I followed:

how is the fit and finish? any complaints? I looked and that company also has listings for white stitching carbon fiber with alcantara or with leather. Red stitching won't work on my blue car, but I can live with white stitching. And these are ready to go and ship fast from Taiwan apparently. The custom made ones are 2x as much and take 6-8 weeks. If you tell me you're happy with yours I might just go with this one with white stitching.
Finish is great! I decided on red (even though I also have a blue car), since I plan on adding some red accents where I can on the interior. The fit wasn't 100% lined up with everything but for the price, it can't be beat IMO. If you look closely, the bottom part of the middle trim piece isn't 100% aligned with the CF part of the wheel. It's really not noticeable unless you are looking for it but it may be something to keep in mind. Another part was the left side of the trim (above the cruise control buttons) that didn't align properly. Both these issues could have been due to my install but it wasn't a big issue for me so I left it as is.

As for shipping, the seller stated it'll be delivered 3-5 business days. That was not the case because it will possibly get held up in customs so I think I waited about 2 weeks.

All in all, I am happy to get in my car anytime I drive it because of the wheel. I was trying to look at similar wheels but they were nowhere close in price.

trojannemo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Yemil
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Convertible
Thanks. I did notice the fitting issue on the left trim part after I posted. I agree that it can be down to installation or just poor finishing. Who knows. And I know what you mean about price. The two others that are more along the lines of what I want are going to run me $750-800, vs this at $400, 6-8 weeks vs. 2 weeks. Tough call.
Sponsored