Steering wheel leather pulling back from the trim

mAkI

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Moiz
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Has anyone noticed this? My car is always parked indoors and today I was driving and noticed this. I don't think it's the sun that caused it. Just seems like whatever it's sitting on inside warped as I cannot even push it in it comes right back out. Now this is going to bother me 😂. I needed an excuse to get that carbon fiber green racing wheel.

20240222_165729.jpg
Sponsored

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
You would need to remove the steering wheel and the switch assembly to try to fix it. Might be able to glue it back down.

Or you could do this:
1708654820961.png

Johnny Rockit

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Johnny
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT 6-speed. 2015 F-250XLT,73 Torino
Hide glue would fix it if you take it apart. Is it covered under the b2b?

BCB06GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 DHG Bullitt
My 2019 did that. Dealer replaced under warranty just before 3 year expired.

OP
OP

mAkI

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Moiz
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
You would need to remove the steering wheel and the switch assembly to try to fix it. Might be able to glue it back down.

Or you could do this:
1708654820961.png
I was looking for one with a green stripe and heated element. Where did you get yours and how much?

Last edited:

Sponsored

TonyNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
22 GT500HE Black Stripes, 20 GT350HE, 16 GT350R Ba

Or you could do this:
1708654820961.png
Yea. It's fixable for sure. Or just buy a new steering wheel if it's out of warranty. You can probably find one for $100 or so.

"Hijack alert". StangTime, you happy with those FP white taillights? I saw you sporting them in another thread. Thinking about grabbing a set for my heritage car. They look great on yours.

TonyNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
22 GT500HE Black Stripes, 20 GT350HE, 16 GT350R Ba
Has anyone noticed this? My car is always parked indoors and today I was driving and noticed this. I don't think it's the sun that caused it. Just seems like whatever it's sitting on inside warped as I cannot even push it in it comes right back out. Now this is going to bother me 😂. I needed an excuse to get that carbon fiber green racing wheel.
2019 Bullitt? I'm guessing warranty is out. I did see a nice wheel on the Steve McQueen Bullitt. Very nice with green site line....

Screenshot_20240308_155852_Chrome.jpg

OP
OP

mAkI

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Moiz
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
That's very nice but I like the CF look with the bottom being flat I have big thighs lol they always rub on the wheel. Don't fat shame 🤣

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
I was looking for one with a green stripe and heated element. Where did you get yours and how much?
I got mine from cfautomotor. (Price is shown on their ebay page). They were great to work with and got mine within 20 days after the custom materials where defined. They can do heated elements too at an additional cost (I think that's $100 more). Absolutely flawless construction and quality materials.

"Hijack alert". StangTime, you happy with those FP white taillights? I saw you sporting them in another thread. Thinking about grabbing a set for my heritage car. They look great on yours.
They have been flawless. These are OEM Ford parts and are made exactly like the ones that come on the car, just with clear lenses. Plug and play.

20220909_171721.jpg

Sponsored

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
OP
OP

mAkI

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Moiz
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I reached out to the eBay guy. My only concern is that I have been burnt on eBay in the past. And the wheel doesn't have the polished carbon fiber look in his pics. I've requested my customisation from him. The price is good though. Just comparing the two before I pull the trigger. Also I called American Muscle, they said this wheel comes with new trims and buttons so that saves me some time.

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
I reached out to the eBay guy. My only concern is that I have been burnt on eBay in the past. And the wheel doesn't have the polished carbon fiber look in his pics. I've requested my customisation from him. The price is good though. Just comparing the two before I pull the trigger. Also I called American Muscle, they said this wheel comes with new trims and buttons so that saves me some time.
Understandable. I can vouch for them. Very legit and there are few other members here that also purchase from them. That's how I found them. They do gloss CF as well.
Having a new set of buttons is good if yours are wearing out so there is that advantage with the AM wheel. Although the swap over using your wheel switches is very easy.
Sponsored