Sponsored

Steering Wheel Angle Sensor

DB83

Granny Shifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Has anyone had and issue where you are not getting a reading from the steering wheel angle sensor?
I only noticed it when i put the car in reverse and the guide line that turns with the steering wheel would turn. So i plugged in my ForScan tool and there is no reading coming from the steering wheel angle sensor. I tried resetting the steering wheel control module and the powers steering module but that didn't do anything.
The only thing i have done recently is replace the airbag cover with a leather one from Carbon Steer, but i had the battery disconnected the whole time and i'm 100% sure everything has been plugged back in. Regardless of that, replacing the airbag doesn't touch the steering wheel sensor, nor does it disconnect anything on it. Its weird.
Anyone had something like this?
Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
When messing with the airbag, most steering wheels have what is called a clock spring under it which controls a variety of other items. You may think that the airbag install went well, but it's possible there is a connector or wire that got damaged which affects that sensor if it's tied to the clock spring.