Sponsored

Steering Issue

zx2reme

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT w/Performance Package
Vehicle Showcase
So I replaced my passenger side hub because I had a sized wheel spacer with stripped nuts. Tried cutting off like mentioned in other threads and that turned into hot mess. Anyways, I picked up used hub swapped it in and reassembled front end. I then noticed one of the arms was really close to my sway bar and when I turned steering to left, it actually bumped sway bar. I looked at driver side and it had a decent amount of space in there to clear. Did I miss a step when installing? Pictures are below. Shows difference in space. Thanks.

20210507_195145.jpg

20210507_195134.jpg
Sponsored

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
Hello; These are just guesses so bear that in mind.
First guess is there is a slight difference in the replacement hub from the one replaced. Going to be hard to compare them with one installed but maybe some measurements.
Second guess is some sort of difference in the way the replacement hub was installed as you already have thought of. Take a good look at the unmolested side and then the replaced side. Look for any washers or some such thing different.
Third guess is could it be the "tie rod end" bolt have been snugged up too much when put into the hole in the hub? Maybe look at the exposed threads to see if one side has more exposed threads than the other. Maybe a washer or spacer is missing allowing that end to be up too much.

Good luck

GuardEcoBeast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard 16 Ecoboost
S197 have different front suspension than S550
Sponsored