Sponsored

Steeda's S550 Billet Rear Shock Mounts Are Finally Here!

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, what he said!!!
Slide1.jpg
Sponsored

Bbarfoot14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, what he said!!!
Still waiting for a response from your sales team but can you tell me which kit fits the airlift rear shock?

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
Still waiting for a response from your sales team but can you tell me which kit fits the airlift rear shock?
if you could validate your thread pitch it would be appreciated. They used a couple of different pitches in the past.

Steeda Tech

Bbarfoot14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
if you could validate your thread pitch it would be appreciated. They used a couple of different pitches in the past.

Steeda Tech
I believe it is identical to the stock strut but I'll double check.

spiller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche GT3
[MENTION=25806]SteedaTech[/MENTION] I need a couple of pointers regarding installation of the Billet Shock Mounts with FRPP shocks....

Once the gold spacer ring is fitted, the mount sits higher on the strut shaft such that even with the use of a strut socket, I cannot get a wrench on the shaft in order to stop it from spinning when torquing down the mounting nut - the top of the strut sits too low within the mount in order to make this possible. Is there something I am missing? How else can I stop the shaft from spinning in order to apply a measured torque?

If I were to bolt the shock into the car would that stop the shaft from spinning so that I can torque the top nut properly (there may not be room to get a torque wrench in there once fitted to the car??).

Simply guessing the torque with an ordinary spanner would get it snug up but I'd like to do it by the book if possible.

The spacer ring goes between the shaft and the shock mount, correct?

EDIT: does the spacer that comes with the FRPP shock need to be removed BEFORE fitting the gold spacer? The instructions don't say anything about this. The stock spacer wouldn't budge, how does it come out?

Last edited:

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
[MENTION=25806]SteedaTech[/MENTION] I need a couple of pointers regarding installation of the Billet Shock Mounts with FRPP shocks....

Once the gold spacer ring is fitted, the mount sits higher on the strut shaft such that even with the use of a strut socket, I cannot get a wrench on the shaft in order to stop it from spinning when torquing down the mounting nut - the top of the strut sits too low within the mount in order to make this possible. Is there something I am missing? How else can I stop the shaft from spinning in order to apply a measured torque?

If I were to bolt the shock into the car would that stop the shaft from spinning so that I can torque the top nut properly (there may not be room to get a torque wrench in there once fitted to the car??).

Simply guessing the torque with an ordinary spanner would get it snug up but I'd like to do it by the book if possible.

The spacer ring goes between the shaft and the shock mount, correct?

EDIT: does the spacer that comes with the FRPP shock need to be removed BEFORE fitting the gold spacer? The instructions don't say anything about this. The stock spacer wouldn't budge, how does it come out?
You need an offset wrench to hold the shaft. It should be 6 mm. I did not know this until recently when doing the mounts with a friend, who also has the FRPP shocks. We managed with a conventional 6 mm wrench but it was tough.
Like this: https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-Rtp_i4oZq0A/UJVjksE4GtI/AAAAAAAAAYo/gslDsJr5dY8/s709/photo.PNG

And yes, all the stock stuff needs to come off the shock shaft, minus the bumpstop and dust boot. The shock shaft can still spin even if you bolt to the car. The only way to stop it spinning is holding the top nub (6 mm). Torquing it is quite difficult, to be honest.

spiller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche GT3
Thanks buddy. Looks like I'll have to run to auto parts store for more tools (waited 3 weeks for the strut sockets to come from the US!). Did you end up removing the OEM spacer on the strut before fitting the gold Steeda spacer when you did your friend's FRPP shocks?

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks buddy. Looks like I'll have to run to auto parts store for more tools (waited 3 weeks for the strut sockets to come from the US!). Did you end up removing the OEM spacer on the strut before fitting the gold Steeda spacer when you did your friend's FRPP shocks?
Picture? Yes remove the OEM spacers.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Oh, that? I believe that's permanently part of the shock shaft. You're good, start assembling. The mount will sit low enough where you can fully thread the nut down and still have room to grab the end of the shaft.

Sponsored

spiller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche GT3
Oh, that? I believe that's permanently part of the shock shaft. You're good, start assembling. The mount will sit low enough where you can fully thread the nut down and still have room to grab the end of the shaft.
Oh good, because I tried to gently move it with vice grips and it wasn't budging!

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Oh good, because I tried to gently move it with vice grips and it wasn't budging!
Spiller, sorry for the delay - are you all set? If not, give Rod a call at 1800 950 0774 & he can help with your install questions.

Best Regards,

TJ

Daidalos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD MUSTANG GT 2016
Just installed these over the weekend. I have to say that the hype for them is totally justified! I could not believe that such a small part could make a big difference but it almost feels like I got new shocks in the rear. The rear end feels much more planted now and far less bouncy.

Great Job Steeda!

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
It's the stock fitting mount. Just put mine on
It will fit with the Stock mount, but from what we have seen the thread pitch is different on the air lift setup. Diameter is the same, 10mm, but the thread pitch is usually different and you'll need that when ordering the Steeda Billet Mounts.
Sponsored