OP
OP
treborwd22

treborwd22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 California Special Oxford White
There’s no reason why they can’t. So if they still say they can’t then I’d ask for a refund and close the order out since they haven’t shipped it and technically it’s their error not yours. I would think they can make it right for you. If they can’t I would question their tuning since it seems almost all other tuners can. Trust me, you want E85....my car is night and day different on E compared to 93.
Tj@Steeda reached out to me and I'm waiting for Matt (Steeda's Tuner) to clarify everything. Hopefully it all gets worked out. Steeda over the years has always been a standup company and I'm sure they will make it right somehow in the end.
Sponsored

TX5OH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Convertible
Tj@Steeda reached out to me and I'm waiting for Matt (Steeda's Tuner) to clarify everything. Hopefully it all gets worked out. Steeda over the years has always been a standup company and I'm sure they will make it right somehow in the end.
I’m sure they will. I’ve never done business with them, but I know they have good reputation.

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
Trust me, you want E85....my car is night and day different on E compared to 93.
Ya definitely no comparison between 93/91 and e. I loathe the occasional tank of non e 😁

OP
OP
treborwd22

treborwd22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well... No E85 if you have a gen2 mustang unless you upgrade your injectors with the Steeda tune. I think Steeda needs to update the website to cause less confusion and eliminate any potential false advertisement.

Screenshots_2021-03-20-14-35-24.png

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
I think the next question is Steeda going to offer CARB certified tuning?

Sponsored

Pilafiction

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT
I've heard really good things about the e85 tune for the 15-17 5.0. would you also do the cold air with the e85 tune ? Intake, too? Seems like most of the power gain is coming from the e85 tune...I have stock 2015 (except for Borla SwitchFire).

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
I will run this by our tuning dept to ensure if anything needs to get updated, it does so.

Sorry for that typo, it should have been tune ... not turn.

Last edited:

spectreman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2008 Bullitt
I'm a huge fan of STEEDA tunes, having had them on several of my prior cars. Safe and strong, never an issue- no pre-detonation, just more power. I've tried other companies and been nowhere near as satisified as I have been w/STEEDA's tunes.

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
For those following, we did update the website:

1. New tuning devices are shipped out "blank". Upon receiving the device, utilize it to retrieve your vehicle's Strategy Code
  2. With the strategy code, visit our Custom Tune Request Form. Fill out the requested details on your car. E85 tuning is not available for 2017 and older Mustangs.
  3. Your Custom Steeda Tune will be emailed to you in approximately 3-5 days. Download the tune onto the device, flash your vehicle, and enjoy the new performance.

OP
OP
treborwd22

treborwd22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

1. New tuning devices are shipped out "blank". Upon receiving the device, utilize it to retrieve your vehicle's Strategy Code
  2. With the strategy code, visit our Custom Tune Request Form. Fill out the requested details on your car. E85 tuning is not available for 2017 and older Mustangs.
  3. Your Custom Steeda Tune will be emailed to you in approximately 3-5 days. Download the tune onto the device, flash your vehicle, and enjoy the new performance.
Thanks for updating the website. Just sucks being the guinea pig. To be honest I would've gone with a different tuner had this info been provided before my purchase.

Sponsored

Pilafiction

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT

Thanks for the update on your tunes...too bad for me since I need an e85 for stock 2015 tune.

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for updating the website. Just sucks being the guinea pig. To be honest I would've gone with a different tuner had this info been provided before my purchase.
Things are continuously changing with the tuning we do our best to keep the site updated. Also, we had an inquiry into our tuning department to get your questions answered before you placed your order - so I also apologize for that delay in communication.

Have a great night.

TJ

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
No CARB tuning? Are you just going with the Ford Racing tuning to cover the smog legal crowd?

OP
OP
treborwd22

treborwd22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Things are continuously changing with the tuning we do our best to keep the site updated. Also, we had an inquiry into our tuning department to get your questions answered before you placed your order - so I also apologize for that delay in communication.

Have a great night.

TJ
No disrespect but things continuously changing with tuning had nothing to do with the fact E85 was never offered for the gen 2 mustangs. Yes I did inquire about E85 but after waiting with no response I found my answer on your website. A typical customer who is not a forum member would have come to the same conclusion as I did.
Screenshot 2021-03-17 211716.jpg

Carzzi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Rapid Red 401A PP1 A10 Magneride

Have a great night.

TJ
I had a Steeda tune on my '15 using an SCT X4. Great driveability! Returned to stock and traded the car in.
Now I have a '20 — @Tjsteeda will I be able to purchase a Steeda tune file only for my existing X4?
Sponsored